It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a real ufo/non Earth space craft pic. was presented how would YOU be able to tell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I just was viewing a thread that seemed authentic with pic and was wondering how can any w/o the data tell. I mean we may be viewing real craft but automatically seem to deny them.

q1-SO do YOU know a way to prove or disprove.
q2-And if not whats the use in trying to verify.
q3-Further are some just chasing their own tails.

Seems there is no easy way to verify. Anyone with a way please add.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The answer you're looking for is simple.

The people you're referring to simply have gigantic egos and need to satisfy them with being the first to 'prove' something and typically (historically) 'shoot' you down with any "data" they can find that "backs" their reply.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

So your saying even if someone here on ATS presented real images since its not presented by those who wish to use such knowledge for their personal gain. The powers will rush in and make it hard to except until the powers want this information shared. Makes sense because many will listen to what the powers say over it being presented in their face.

thanks

edit on 1/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

q1- EXIF Data and coherent explanation from the eye witness. NO MESSENGERS ALLOWED. Corroborate story vs what the data shows. Find multiple witnesses.

q2- Cause it can be a learning experience. I have learned a lot about analyzing.

q3- Some are yes.

A single photo or even 3 or 4 will be proof of NOTHING.

As said earlier, multiple witnesses, multiple angles, examination of the raw files, interview with the eye witness etc. This will give us more info to come up with our own conclusion.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
As said earlier, multiple witnesses, multiple angles, examination of the raw files, interview with the eye witness etc. This will give us more info to come up with our own conclusion.

I see your point but like the warning from the NORAD individual about the disclosure on 10-13. there were multiple sightings and coincidently at the same time some seen a balloon launch occur IRONIC. Many individuals were interviewed from many angles pics taken yet no acceptance if real or not. And one of the pics I seen wasn't a balloon. It just seems almost impossible to awaken the many from so much distraction and mistrust.

thanks

pic of what was taken in NY on 10-13-10 THIS IS NOT A BALLOON?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00cad83ea6fc.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't know how to verify, but I put together a little chart showing some of my speculative ideas based on some reported alien UFOs seen in some NASA videos:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8686ff2c2a4f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

How would I be able to tell...Very interesting thread; Thanks

I would be able to tell by a photograph, which for me means this: If it looks like it has wings and is able to fly in the atmosphere it is terra firma based, man made.

If it looks like it has no visible means of propulsion, moves at right angles and silently, it is out of this world.

And one more tid bit of reasoning...IMHO if space aliens wanted to destroy earth and enslave mankind, the aliens would have ALREADY done this, so clearly, such death/destruction is NOT the alien agenda, regardless of what the MSM would have you believe (and for that matter, organized religion too claims aliens are bad).

What the church and other religions got right is this: Life for all of us means that Love is the real agenda, Fear invokes only the dark sides. The Church got it right: Do good and go to heaven, or do bad to your fellow man and go directly to Hell.

Do not fear the aliens, open your mind by realizing this: If the MSM says it is bad or evil, it probably is NOT. How do I know this? Because the real demons are kept hidden and protected by the MSM...only scapegoats are allowed to escape into the MSM realm of falsehoods, obfuscation, and distractions.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I just was viewing a thread that seemed authentic with pic and was wondering how can any w/o the data tell. I mean we may be viewing real craft but automatically seem to deny them.

Thanks

Ok, I'll play.

One pic is never going to do it, even if it's a giant saucer dozens of feet above the photographer in broad daylight. It's just too easy to create and manipulate digital images today.

I'm going to want multiple pics of the same event from different angles and different, unrelated, photographers. I'm also going to want sworn affidavits from witnesses at each photo site who are unconnected to the photographer. All digital photos must be subjected to, and pass with flying colors, thorough forensic examination. Give me an event that matches those criteria and I might be willing to consider it as real.

Without a captured craft or at least some pieces with properties we can't manufacture on Earth some people are never going to be convinced. I've seen far too many UFO reports and pictures/videos that I thought might be real turn out to be hoaxes for me to be satisfied with anything less.
edit on 11-1-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Those are pretty interesting comparisons of how things can be viewed. I do like the NASA pics but when you get into the conspiracy about them it just shoots you down even further.

I think the only way to verify their existence within the 3d plane would be to decloak not over the cities but around the world just enough distance away for amateur astronomers to get clear detailed pics. I say not over cities but within close orbit because too many -movies show them over cities like overseers and that may bring back fear deep within many who may have seen ID4-V-ALIEN NATION ect. So I think best is to sit close in Earth orbit for a few weeks and slowly move in over cities as the populace begins to share photos and data of craft seen in near earth orbit and now over cities.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdWard54

I would be able to tell by a photograph, which for me means this: If it looks like it has wings and is able to fly in the atmosphere it is terra firma based, man made.

I see so you feel since Earth relates flying to wings ect. then any craft behaving how Earth inhabitants view flying would signify Earth built.
which spawns another ? why does Earth have these craft and not speak of them?

If it looks like it has no visible means of propulsion, moves at right angles and silently, it is out of this world.

I see your point exactly.

And one more tid bit of reasoning...IMHO if space aliens wanted to destroy earth and enslave mankind, the aliens would have ALREADY done this, so clearly, such death/destruction is NOT the alien agenda, regardless of what the MSM would have you believe (and for that matter, organized religion too claims aliens are bad).

I agree totally thing is some believe Earth has some higher in power then humans who are of Earth but not human and are said to be more advanced then humans in many ways also are said to of enslaved humanity. SO if GOOD EXTRATERRESTIALS are here and some want to help free humanity of those who controll MSM then its a different ball game entirly. Because somthing is going to have to give. If we are considering FORCE being applied.

The Church got it right: Do good and go to heaven, or do bad to your fellow man and go directly to Hell.

Which is fair to me and atleast that message didnt get lost with many others from the political minipulation.

Do not fear the aliens.

I dont my friend I only fear the Creator and he wishes me not to fear the.
Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
if the photos were real and I were looking for evidence that the person who photographed the UFO/alien had not tampered with the photo in any way or just faked it all together, I would observe their response and actions after photographing the UFO. Personally, if were to have photographed the UFO, I would care less about defending the authenticity of the photo to the public and would be much more concerned about learning more about UFO's and I'd probably dedicate a lot of my time to researching UFO encounters and such, because witnessing a UFO phenomenon I would think is a pretty life-changing experience. So if it were another person who showed me this photo they took, I would look to how they express themselves, how they defend themselves, and how much they defend themselves before they say 'whatever', and then once they say 'whatever', i would see as to what they do afterwards, if they continue to look into UFO theories or just go on telling people "I saw a UFO, look".

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

With all due respect, sir there are many photographs dating from the fifties NON of which so any sort of triangular spaceship, as has only recently been appearing over skies, primarily in the USA southwest, and did I mention...ONLY RECENTLY, this past few years.

The triangular craft are terra based, as will soon be revealed...again by the MSM as a means of distraction from the truth

Again, from the 1950s notice from all the older unexplained photographs all craft have a circular or cylindrical aspect to them with NO visible means of propulsion. Look at the videos from mexico over 10 years ago and again even their motions and directions are sharp and at right angles, including silent hovering and immediate darting off in this or that direction...a clear indication that the propulsion is NOT of this earth.

thanks for your time...with all due respect, I remain humble before your experience on this forum...May G-d Bless.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thanks

Ophiuchus,
Regards to question one, these are my thoughts. The answer to this question is dependant on the situation, and dependant on the nature of the evidence you are attempting to interpret. If the question is "real pic or photoshop/image manipulation??" then there are ways to tell, but you would have to refer to a person who has expertise on that specific subject for more information on those methods.
If what you mean is that an image has been recorded which seems to show something otherworldly but has been explained away as terran UAV kit,or new aircraft then that is more difficult of course. When the explanations of the presence of an odd aircraft are along these lines it can be thought that this is a deliberate attempt to obsfucate the truth. At that point the only way to REALLY find anything out, is to be government proof, and merely walk into government hangars, experimental testing sites and so on, and confirm by sight the presence or not of a terran controled vehicle matching the desciption of the craft in your image. However, thats half the game with this subject. In general the public are not welcome in such places.
Question twos answer is simple. In trying to verify what is what, we come to a point where either the information comes to us, or we draw a blank. Sometimes thats down to lousy investigation, but sometimes it will be because the flow of information is blocked, and something which is NOT privy to being requested under freedom of information laws, will be requested and the request will be denied. At least at that point in our researches we can establish that there is something to be known, we just cannot get at what that might be.
And yes, there are those who chase thier own tails. What must be remembered at all costs however is just how complicated the issues we are dealing with are. There are 196 nations on this planet at present, and 192 of those are in the UN . World wide an investigator would have to have the co-operation and assitance of potentialy the greater portion of those nations, in order to track a UFO around the world, investigate potential landing zones, and you would have to have the resources to follow it around all over the place, and go from incident to incident around the world in order to utterly devote yourself to the subject. You would have to speak a hell of a lot of languages, and be able to deal with and understand the political spectrum of each nation through which you pass while hunting down the truth, while avoiding getting mugged , shot , blown up, hunted with dogs or set upon by intelligence operatives. You would in short have to be James freakin Bond on holiday.
This is out of the leauge of virtualy everyone here on this site, either financialy ,physicaly,or intellectualy , and all we can do is await reports and comment on them, and any evidence attatched to them. That is all we have here on ATS. The only other thing we get to do, occasionaly, when one of our number is present for a happening of great strangeness, is record what comes our way, and offer it to the membership for analysis and discussion.
Some of the members go to the greatest lengths they can in order to achieve some awareness of whats happening around them. I remember back in my first year here, I remember a thread written by a gentleman who thought he had found a secret military installation, and went right to the gate only to be turned away by an official. He went and acted to find out what was happening. I guess what I am saying is that in terms of member participation in outside investigations, what can be done IS done, and we have a trove of fantasticaly informed members here, whos expertise runs from runes to particle physics. Its easy to forget that when many posts these days are bogus, or badly investigated, but the manpower is there, and this site has archives with AMAZING posts and information in them. If you want to know more about the methodology of good solid investigation of these matters, look there. I urge you to do this most feverantly.
edit on 11-1-2011 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I don't know how to verify, but I put together a little chart showing some of my speculative ideas based on some reported alien UFOs seen in some NASA videos:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8686ff2c2a4f.jpg[/atsimg]

You picked the easy extremes (probably on purpose)

I suppose in reality, unidentified craft fall somewhere between the extreme examples you provided.

You are absolutely right though -- if I saw the ship like the ones from the movie Independence Day, then I would almost definitely believe it was ET. However, a light in the sky -- even one moving in seemingly "impossible" ways -- is still simply a light in the sky, and it's motion does not automatically make it "ET".

Even getting a little closer to your extreme -- say if I saw a "saucer-shaped craft". Even if I saw your "run-of-the mill" small saucer-shaped craft that people purport to have seen, I could not automatically say "I'm 100% sure that's an ET craft"

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

I see so you want the photographer and then witnesses input from different angles. Makes sense to me. 1 thing you added that stuck out to me was to present a peice of material from craft THAT MAY BE VERY CONVINCING. So the material would you think a simple peice of outercraft shell will be enough to convince the masses or a more important peice like a mapping tool or energy absorbing tool or even communication module.
thanks for yor input.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Intuition.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I see so you would pay more attention to the actions of the presenter to help verify the authenticity of the photos. That would and could work as long as they are not a trained lier. It just amazes me that its so easy to get a real craft pic and it being ignored. If some of the photos would of came out when the cgi was not know of then it woulda helped I think. But then again image catching equipment has developed along side of the ufo alertness in recent years. So makes you think is it intentional to release certain technologies like cgi to keep in the back of our minds the possibility that what we see could be fake. talking about confusing.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EdWard54

I see. Makes me wonder what influnces happened that changed the craft from the disc to triangle shape. And are the disc shapes older terra built craft. Still reverseengineered from ET/Alien craft.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I see TrueBrit it is a time consuming task and a lot of work would be needed to communicate around the world and gather data w/o being in harms way. It seems that the Earth would have to work together to get the proper data released in a healty fashion for the public. I also see this can become exhausting for the average person and how the powers can do this with ease. So it seems unless THEY pullup and park THE POWERS WILL BE THE ONES TO FULLY DISCLOSE WHEN THEY FEEL ITS TIME.
Thanks TrueBrit for you input.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donegal_TDI
Intuition.

Follow thy heart!
It does get confusing though.
thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join