It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a real ufo/non Earth space craft pic. was presented how would YOU be able to tell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
1 thing you added that stuck out to me was to present a peice of material from craft THAT MAY BE VERY CONVINCING.
It may take a piece of alien material to convince people nowadays, the fake photos get better and better, and harder to tell from the real thing.

One of the reasons we can tell the ALH84001 rock we found is probably from Mars is because it matches the isotope ratio of other Mars rocks and not of earth rocks, so the composition of a piece of material may be a good clue if it's truly alien.

To elaborate on these points, here's a video by Neil Tyson where he talks about how easy it is to fake photos and how valuable any piece of material from the alien craft would be (he mentions that near the end I think):

Neil Tyson talks about UFOs

edit on 11-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by wasco2

I see so you want the photographer and then witnesses input from different angles. Makes sense to me. 1 thing you added that stuck out to me was to present a peice of material from craft THAT MAY BE VERY CONVINCING.

Actually what I said was multiple independent photographers from different locations. Even then some people are going to say the photographers are part of a conspiracy, along with their corroborating witnesses. Same thing with a simple hunk of metal. Even if qualified experts say it's made of an alloy not made on earth composed of metallic isotopes not found on earth most people will refuse to believe it.

Come to think of it I guess it's going to require a landing on the White House lawn and little grey aliens marching into the Oval Office. Still possible I guess but not very likely.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The simplest explanation for a UFO is that it is unidentified. As soon as two or more people share an identification its not a UFO to them. I personally tend to rank UFO's by the observer pool. The best sightings could be thousands of years old and taken many generations to identify. This unfortunate bird got caught in the middle of some kind of energy vortex. You can see the very orderly wave patterns in the water. Just picked the wrong place to stop and have a snack.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2adb45917848.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/999ba178dd6f.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 11-1-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join