It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Federal Reserve conspiracy theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Here is a link taking on many of the claims made about the Fed. Id like to put it up for discussion and see if people accept the debunking, or if some of the debunking done in the paper can be debunked.

www.publiceye.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This article certainly appears to have all the hallmarks of something credible and potentially worthy of consideration. Three "facts" from the end of the author's list, it breaks down into a rant on McFadden and destroys its' own (apparent) credibility. It's always conjecture whether parties "conspire" or more or less naturally work together towards a common goal - somewhat akin to driving down the highway in one direction per set of lanes. It's also very convenient to misrepresent assumptions and conclusions as "facts" and couch commentary in obvious ways. This begins in the second sentence where the author states the Fed Reserve banks merely execute policy. This debunker fails in my view simply because of the obvious slant and the format chosen to lend factual credence to "mere" rhetoric by presenting his ideation as "Facts:"

ganjoa.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ganjoa because: word spaces

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
#7. The Fed charges interest... actually it's a 6% dividend
www.federalreserve.gov...

If the Fed wants the banks to be able to increase reserves without needing additional customer deposits... the Fed can just loan reserves to the banks.
research.stlouisfed.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You don't need a conspiracy theory to be against the Fed; you just need to know how any central bank works in principle.

Realizing that it was a conspiracy helps, however.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow that must have been wrote by Bernanke himself.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Debunking documentL

Facts: Yes, the Federal Reserve banks are privately owned, but they are controlled by the publically-appointed Board of Governors. The Federal Reserve banks merely execute the monetary policy choices made by the Board.

Clarification from the Federal Reserve:

The seven members of the Board of Governors are nominated by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. By law, the appointments must yield a "fair representation of the financial, agricultural, industrial, and commercial interests and geographical divisions of the country,"

Given that we've had a Bush in the White House since 1980 (8 yrs of Clinton, ok, but he followed the same policies only from the left and he and Poppy are best buds). Even into Obama, the same fiscal policies are enacted. Given the close relationship between the Federal Government and Goldman Sachs it seems the President may have a fly in his ear on decisions that would affect the private bankers that own the Fed. If the President appoints the Governors and he nominates the Treasury Secretary, lets look at the highlights of those:

Tim Geithner: Worked for Kissinger and Associates, CFR, Bilderberg membership
Hank Paulson: served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Goldman Sachs
Paul O"Neill: chairman and CEO of industrial giant Alcoa and chairman of the RAND Corporation
Robert Rubin: spent 26 years at Goldman Sachs after he was Director and Senior Counselor of Citigroup and temporary chair for a few months
Nicholas Brady: has been a Director of the NCR Corporation, the MITRE Corporation, trustee of Rockefeller Univ.CFR member
James Baker III: So much has been written about the Bushes and the Bakers but one highlight: Until 2005 he was senior counsel to the Carlyle Group
Don Regan: Involved in Iran-Contra, vice chair of the NY Stock Exchange 73-75, major proponent of brokerage firms going public
G. William Miller: 11th Chairman of the Federal Reserve
William Simon: "active" Knight of Malta, on the boards of over 30 companies incl. Xerox, Citibank, & Halliburton
George Schultz: executive at Bechtel, senior member of the so-called "The Vulcans", a group of policy mentors for Bush which also included among its members Dick Cheney andPaul Wolfowitz
John Connally: insisted that Nixon name Bush to a post in the administration as a pre-condition for Connally's agreeing to become treasury secretary
David Kennedy (Mormon not Catholic): CEO of Continental Illinois Ntl. Bank and Trust Co. at one time the 7th-largest bank in the US as measured by deposits
Henry Fowler: was at one point member of the National Security Council.
C Douglas Dixon: A close friend of John D. Rockefeller III, chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation from 1972 to 1975. served under Nelson Rockefeller in the Rockefeller Commission to investigate CIA activities (along with Ronald Reagan). had been chairman of the Brookings Institution,and vice chairman of the CFR
Robert Anderson: Deputy Secretary of the Navy and as Special Ambassador to Panama during the Panama Canal negotiations, illegally operated the Commercial Exchange Bank of Anguilla, British W Indies, which had an unlicensed New York branch office and laundered large amounts of cash for drug traffickers. Sentenced to prison in 87.

And that's going back to Eisenhower. I think the point makes itself in terms of whose interests this Board of Governors serves. I got hung up on that and didn't read any more. Pure propaganda.

edit on 11-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: editing

edit on 11-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: formatting

edit on 11-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: formatting

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
99% or better of what is either suspected or rumoured about the actions of The Federal Reserve System, Inc. is true hence why they have yet to allow a full investigation and a full opening of it's books because once we do we will find out that it goes considerably deeper then what most can even fathom. Once the American public learns the truth the nation will no longer pay attention and not contiuallly allow themselves to get suckered into the "Left-v-Right" paradigm and get every single one of us to stand united against them.

TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I expected a little more when I clicked on this thread.

I am getting very tired of seeing threads where the OP merely inserts a link and tells people to go of and read it and then discuss. I understood the rules meant that you should a least be giving a summary of the story. I think if you expect a discussion then should also be giving your own opinion in the OP.

I am getting 'fed' up playing russian roulette with links being posted by members who are too lazy to give some detail on what you might find there.

edit on 12-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I dont want a discussion, Id merely like some insight wether what is said in the link is truthfull or not. Such as that JFK signed executive order 11110 to phase out silver as a currency, rather than dishing out a currency backed by silver.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Id like to put it up for discussion

www.publiceye.org...

what the hey? did you even read what you wrote?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Good list of facts.

Of course, none of his facts address the destructive nature of centrally planned interest rates.

The central bank was created by private bankers for the benefit of private banking interests.

Without the Fed, individual banks would not be able to evenly inflate the money supply through the expansion of debt.

Without the Fed, individual banks would not get bailouts to the tune of trillions.

Without the Fed, individual banks could not suppress interest rates to expanding lending operations.

etc.. etc.. etc..

The Fed is a government imposed cartel on commercial banking.

Here's some REAL facts about the Fed from professor Murray Rothbard:
Full playlist

edit on 12-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Your post title:

Debunking the Federal Reserve conspiracy theory

Friend, that article, nor you, have "debunked" anything here! We have had many how attempted to convince us all that the Federal Reserve Bank is a legal entity.
Not one has succeeded, the evidence is more than clear, and the criminal acts are public knowledge. I see that you are new here, so I will educate instead of tearing down. First of all, one of your first posts asked this question:
Can somebody explain the federal reserve to me? The question tells me that you do not know anything about the FED, and now You mean to debunk the ones who say it is privately owned and criminal in action? Here are some good links for you to ponder on, friend. Learn a thing before you try to debunk it.

I will begin here with a post in this forum:
Meet The Fed Family And Co.

Congressman McFadden on the Federal Reserve Corporation Remarks in Congress, 1934 AN ASTOUNDING EXPOSURE

The Money Changers: The Federal Reserve, Robbery by Deceit

Quotes on Banking and the Federal Reserve

Billions for the Bankers, Debt for the People The Real Story of the Money-Control Over America

Abolish the Federal Reserve! by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

top topics

join