It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need something to dooo!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So this economy being what it is today. Is anyone else experiencing this along with me. Utter boredom.

I'm literally going nuts. Stuck at home all the time and I'm looking for an adventure. I guess this is like placing an add, but does anyone out there, in the merry old land of ATS, have any ideas besides joining the french foriegn legion. Even though I might end up going for something like that. No prostitution or anything like that. I'd like to help out on an archeological dig somewhere. Meet some new people what have you. Be an armed guard on an
excavation something fun like that. Any Ideas

Thank you for the move Mods

edit on 10-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If your not broke...go to this show in March..www.spannabis.com... in Barcelona.
If your just bored. That's on you.. THAT means your too boring to hang out with my friends.
They're all trying to retool America and America Manufacuturing for Automation and Create Jobs Here.
For the idle rich that are bored, Can't help ya.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
colour in you entire house and garden with black marker pens, or learn to play the basoon. learn to speak german and shout obscenities at strangers. or be an alcoholic.
(last one is easiest)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I went through that stage of boredom my friend. Then I decided to get out of the house. I take long walks in the woods with my bulldog. We usually spend about three hours out. While there I take in every tree and critter like I never have before. Just kinda learning about nature all over again.

When I am not trekking through the woods like a kid, I keep an eye out for my neighbors. If I see them doing something, yard work, home improvements, etc, I go over and offer to help. It's a good way to get to know people I haven't met before.

Study, study, study... The amount of time I have on my hands allows me to learn about new things I never would have otherwise. Pick a subject, anything, that you want to know more about and research it. You'll be amazed how much we don't know about things. Figure out what makes things sticky for instance. We know what is sticky, but we don't really know why.

Let your imagination run wild! Treat the world like a kid again!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Give the archelogical dig some good thought - its hot, back breaking, dirty work with few rewards - however when a discovery is made it's very rewarding. I got bored at one time and went back to school, loved it so much more than the first time around. I just took courses I had an interest in, didn't worry about a degree or where it might take me. Found lots of new friends and learned new things. Wish I could have made a career of sitting in the classroom. Just a thought - how does one get bored in California?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

For the idle rich that are bored, Can't help ya.

Damn it . The last thing I meant to do is come off as though I were rich. I'm out of work! Come back bro!

Neonitus
I've already been a drunk but I don't think that qualifies for alcoholic.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
bah serious reply.
when i lost my job i took up art and it is now my obsession, even if you suck at it, it stops your mind going to waste.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wow! Thanks my friend that is a sharp reply and I thank you very much for your time kudos to you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just like you my friend i'm out of a job here. Being in a country with a dieing economy doesn't help either. To top it off i had to move back in with my father and have no form of transportation in a small town. I feel doomed and practically useless here. All because i made one stupid mistake that made me lose my job. The only positive that has come from it is i figured out how to keep myself from getting depressed as I have 1 attempted suicide on my back. But hey! You live you learn! meditation keeps me stable and makes me wonder how i even dug myself into that hole to begin with. People don't need pills to be happy. They just need to find themselves. All I can do is continue on and never give up. Well I take that back another positive is i've learned more about the corruption in my government than i've ever known. Learning about the world wether dark or bright keeps me happy. I love learning truth 1 piece at a time. But yeah reading an above post about getting out and maybe helping out around the neighborhood is good advice. I shall keep that one in mind.
edit on 10-1-2011 by religiousmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Give the archelogical dig some good thought - its hot, back breaking, dirty work with few rewards - however when a discovery is made it's very rewarding. I got bored at one time and went back to school, loved it so much more than the first time around. I just took courses I had an interest in, didn't worry about a degree or where it might take me. Found lots of new friends and learned new things. Wish I could have made a career of sitting in the classroom. Just a thought - how does one get bored in California?
reply to post by crazydaisy

I really can't say how one gets bored out here. All I know is I've some how accomplished it.

I'm good at digging and using a chipper and getting dirty too In more ways than one if you catch my meaning.

I think i'm going to do that most likely take a class in archeology. Head over to the colledge tomorrow me thinkst.
Thank you darlin.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This is a dangerous place to make these kinds of requests! You now run the risk of staring at Google Sky for so long that you actually begin to see mother ships... Or of watching the Zapruder film over and over again until you convince yourself that Jackie O has an AK hidden under her shawl!

Either that or someone will come along with what seems like a good idea and, at some later point, you'll suddenly realize that you've been watching Alex Jones, or Glen Beck, or Michael Moore, or Von Helton, or any number of others for 19 straight hours... (Yes, this does happen and I don't wanna talk about it!
)

As it so happens, I find myself in the same boat as you, currently. My town, Atlanta, Georgia, is paralyzed, right now, due to an ice storm - and it's looking like it is going to take a couple of days before things get moving again. So, what I plan to do, and this is also my advice, is to scour the documentary repositories and legal streaming video sites. There is a ton of GREAT content to be found, legally and safely, on sites like Hulu and the home pages of most networks.

Hope this helps.

~Heff

edit on 1/10/11 by Hefficide because: bad things happened

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I forgot to add my most important project, Doh!

Tree of Life

You never know when food may be an issue!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Dear randyvs

Try a Forrest Gump trip. In the film he ran back and forth across the US of A. But he did it for no particular reason.

Here is a very good reason two young women form the UK are bicycling from London to Thailand to help a group of children living with HIV/AIDS.

Have a look at this link www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

You don’t need a gun but you sure will have an adventure.

edit on 10-1-2011 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by randyvs

This is a dangerous place to make these kinds of requests! You now run the risk of staring at Google Sky for so long that you actually begin to see mother ships... Or of watching the Zapruder film over and over again until you convince yourself that Jackie O has an AK hidden under her shawl!

Either that or someone will come along with what seems like a good idea and, at some later point, you'll suddenly realize that you've been watching Alex Jones, or Glen Beck, or Michael Moore, or Von Helton, or any number of others for 19 straight hours... (Yes, this does happen and I don't wanna talk about it!
)

As it so happens, I find myself in the same boat as you, currently. My town, Atlanta, Georgia, is paralyzed, right now, due to an ice storm - and it's looking like it is going to take a couple of days before things get moving again. So, what I plan to do, and this is also my advice, is to scour the documentary repositories and legal streaming video sites. There is a ton of GREAT content to be found, legally and safely, on sites like Hulu and the home pages of most networks.

Hope this helps.

~Heff

edit on 1/10/11 by Hefficide because: bad things happened

Lmao
I'm sitting here trying to figure ways of getting some one who is obviously bored enough to go ahead and talk about it. Thanks Heff

Mac

Try a Forrest Gump trip. In the film he ran back and forth across the US of A. But he did it for no particular reason.

Running ? I would have to work up to it. Right now I'm not sure I could run back and forth across the lawn.

edit on 11-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Tree of life: Yes indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Your never too old to reinvent yourself Mr Randy Watson.

I'm currently out of work as well, ... it can be a hinderance or blessing depending on your perspective. You can allow time to dictate you, or you can dictate time, .....

USE IT, .....

Become everything you ever wanted to be, .... learn kung fu, how to cook, paint, speak 7 languages, kill a man with a single strike, ..... whatever floats your boat.

One of my high school teachers used to just jump in the car and take off in no particular direction. Just to see where he would end up.

You have the near culmination of human knowledge at the touch of your fingertips, go back to school, learn a new trade, ....... change the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Just like you my friend i'm out of a job here. Being in a country with a dieing economy doesn't help either. To top it off i had to move back in with my father and have no form of transportation in a small town. I feel doomed and practically useless here. All because i made one stupid mistake that made me lose my job. The only positive that has come from it is i figured out how to keep myself from getting depressed as I have 1 attempted suicide on my back. But hey! You live you learn! meditation keeps me stable and makes me wonder how i even dug myself into that hole to begin with. People don't need pills to be happy. They just need to find themselves. All I can do is continue on and never give up. Well I take that back another positive is i've learned more about the corruption in my government than i've ever known. Learning about the world wether dark or bright keeps me happy. I love learning truth 1 piece at a time. But yeah reading an above post about getting out and maybe helping out around the neighborhood is good advice. I shall keep that one in mind.
reply to post by religiousmurder

Man you know you sound like a survivor my friend. You will find your way I gaurantee that. We all will to at least to something more exciting. I guess we need to be thankful we're not bored and freezing our asses to huh? Stay down my fellow member we have a good brotherhood right hear on ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Your never too old to reinvent yourself Mr Randy Watson.

I'm currently out of work as well, ... it can be a hinderance or blessing depending on your perspective. You can allow time to dictate you, or you can dictate time, .....

USE IT, .....

Become everything you ever wanted to be, .... learn kung fu, how to cook, paint, speak 7 languages, kill a man with a single strike, ..... whatever floats your boat.

One of my high school teachers used to just jump in the car and take off in no particular direction. Just to see where he would end up.

You have the near culmination of human knowledge at the touch of your fingertips, go back to school, learn a new trade, ....... change the world.

Excellent!
Man it's scary I think everyone is out of work. Shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Go and work for one of these CA charities!

link

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Practice meditation, learn to play the flute, go to the beach to surf and work on your tan, visit the zoo, take a camping trip , go fishing.. Theres lots to do ..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
When I MAKE idle time for MYSELF, my more recent favorite hobby has been to strap a 13 buck video camera to half a dozen balloons with a thousand feet of fishing line & take it out somewhere & turn it loose for about 10 minutes or so then pull it back & review the footage. I finally figured out how to stabilize (better than it HAD been at least) the camera AND how to get the camera back without having to pull the balloons back down with it.

www.youtube.com...

Total investment - $40 for ~ 6 launches of the balloons

top topics

<<   2 >>

join