It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need something to dooo!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You just need to fill your time with what you like doing.

Everyone is bored, just make yourself do something. Being on computer is something, isn't it.

Plus do not care what others think, they should look at themselves.
edit on 1/11/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by randyvs

Go and work for one of these CA charities!

link

Right on Dave thank you for your help mi0ght be just the thing for me. Just noticed the eyes on lil fitty.

Andy

I swear that has to be one of the best responses I've ever read from you. Thank you my man.
edit on 11-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)
:
edit on 11-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

thx i rarely get someone agreeing with me, as most of the time i speak very bluntly and experience counts in alot of what i talk about.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When I was in my early 20's I went to work for a charity in Greece saving Sea Turtles and it was one of the most rewarding and amazing times of my life ever (I actually ended up moving there for a while)

Theres lots of things on that list that look really rewarding and that look like they could well lead to a job or at least something impressive to add to you CV

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Crazy idea... but it worked!

There was a local dude who was out of work, desperate to find a job and becoming more depressed and apathetic as time went on without success. It was suggested (some say lovingly, some say tough-lovingly) by his fiancée that he either find something to do while he isn't working, or he leave... So the guy placed an ad on craigslist saying that he was out of work, had time to spare and would like to volunteer his help to those who may need it and in addition, are there any others out there in the same boat and would they like to join him in helping those in their community with whatever may be needed...

Shortly after placing this add, he was contacted by an elderly woman who's granddaughter, a single mother, needed help moving into a small apartment. As it turned out, this woman had nothing with which to furnish this apt. He was also inundated with messages from those who were also out of work and wanted to join him in his plans. So, with the volunteers help (someone had a truck, someone else was able to make a crib, someone else had other things/time to donate) she was able to move and furnish (sparingly, but still...) a place for herself and child.

The craigslist post, by an out-of work, depressed dude who just wanted to get out of the house and DO something, snowballed into a community of like-minded people who were all in a similar situation, helping out those whom they could, when they could and last I heard, is still going on... Win/Win.

Second idea: join the Peace Corps...

Third idea: be like Kane from Kung Fu and ... walk the earth ...

edit on 11-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join