It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
"Top Gear"
Piers Morgan

Gordon Ramsay, Marco Pierre White

Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver Nigella, Jamie, Gordon, Marco

It's only when comments like these are heard or read that Americans start up against the Brits. I guess we just don't like to be looked down on.

EXACTLY COS THERE ALL TOOLS !
you could not pick a bigger bunch of pricks if you worked in a needle factory,
as for morgan taking the place of Larry King this is insanity.
Even I know Larry King is a legend.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by stewalters1

i dislike the accent and the word rubbish! lol actualy the accent makes me laugh. i dont dislike the brit folks at all

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
The only Brit-bashing I can recall was that between other Brits, namely Caucasian Brits and those of Middle Eastern descent, and the derogatory remarks weren't even made on ATS.

When did this occur ?

The only thing I can recall between Americans and Brits on ATS is Brits calling Americans "Yanks" or something like that. I always figured it was either from "Yankee" or "Wanker" or a combination of both. I assume wanker means a dude's private parts, so I figured we were just being called d*cks or something. Not to be confused with the British dish called "spotted dick"....which sounds more like a venereal disease than a dessert you're suppose to eat.

LOL.

The term ''yank'' is used both affectionately and insultingly... It all depends on the context in which it is applied and used !

I can assure you that the term ''yank'' has absolutely nothing to do with the term ''wanker'' !

''Wanker'', in British slang - not to put too much of a fine point on it - means a man who ''self-pleasures'', but is used as a general pejorative term to describe any man who is a bit of a tool.

On the other hand, ''Spotted dick'' should have no sexual meaning, as it's just a pudding, that has no phallic or masturbatory connotations !

edit on 10-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

I dislike the British Gov't very much. Honestly the reason I don't like the UK is that the city of London owns the Virginia corporation, which is "America". Our social security tax is a tribute to the Queen.

So yes, the city of London owns me, and I am not happy about it.

Also the average brit is a total wanker, unable to comprehend the bondage they live in. Also they like to let their pro gun control views be known, and how they are so much safer in their total police/surveillance state.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm an American and I don't hate.. Anyone.

I wish I had free health care, less fluoride in my water, no one groping me at the airport, less harmful chemicals in toiletries, and the ability to hold a peaceful protest.

Seriously jealous

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Matchless
Triumph
Norton
Bsa
Ajs
"Royal" Enfield
vox
cotton
Sorry: "newcastle:"brown ale
Nothin sexier than a female british accent!!
Justsayin:
I love youse guyz (& mostly the gals)...

cheers!
edit on 10-1-2011 by 46ACE because: " newcastle brown" not browncastle dumbazz!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Its the dental hygiene thing I don't get.
2 of my closest friends are from London and my lord are their teeth crooked and dirty.
Is it just me?!

Its the morbidly obese thing I don't get.
2 of my closest friends are from America and my lord are they grossly overweight.
Is it just me ?

Perhaps I'm just guilty of attempting to formulate an extremely asinine
and puerile response based on a fundamentally flawed and tired old stereotype.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

The only Brit-bashing I can recall was that between other Brits, namely Caucasian Brits and those of Middle Eastern descent, and the derogatory remarks weren't even made on ATS.

When did this occur ?

I just remember reading different news articles here & there that reported of the huge immigrant population & its strain on the economy because immigrants usually have many more children than native Brits (I am repeating something that I read, people, so simmer down because I am not passing judgment on anyone).
It seems that there are tensions in the UK right now because of their significant Muslim population.
I also remember reading something about gypsies too, like they're supposed to be a controversial strain on the economy as well. If memory serves, I think Spain passed some sort of "gypsy" legislation or something, which I found weird because when I think of gypsies I think of a literal "gypsy", like a fortune teller or a band of thieves or carnies or something.

Same stuff that any country that has immigration laws & issues has to deal with &/or work through, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I feel cultural kinship towards both Americans and the British.
As a FRENCH Canadian, I am obliged to hate them both.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
Any country that has the wherewithal to give the world Newcastle Brown Ale is a-okay in my book. Don't let the kookier individuals here get to you.

And the freaking IT crowd!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by max100

He does have a point though.. You only have to watch one episode of Jeremy Kyle (Brit Jerry Springer-esque talk show) to see shocking examples of dental hygiene. I feel it's an institutional thing but standards seem to be on the up when going through the more recent generations.
Its probably all the tea and crumpets I'm apparently partial to lol according to roughly 80% of Americans on COD.
But that's another story..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by stewalters1

i dislike the accent and the word rubbish! lol actualy the accent makes me laugh. i dont dislike the brit folks at all

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Nahh the BEST British word is the "c" word Im forbidden to utter. ANyway, I giggled throughout the movie Bronson..love that movie by the way (and Michael Peterson aka Charlie Bronson is jailed falsely and you brits best bust him out) they can apply that word so darned creatively.. kinda like Americans and the F word.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamo2o1o
reply to post by max100

He does have a point though.. You only have to watch one episode of Jeremy Kyle (Brit Jerry Springer-esque talk show) to see shocking examples of dental hygiene. I feel it's an institutional thing but standards seem to be on the up when going through the more recent generations.
Its probably all the tea and crumpets I'm apparently partial to lol according to roughly 80% of Americans on COD.
But that's another story..

stop...please.
judge my nation not on the strength of jeremy bloody kyle. 8-)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
British restaraunts then ????
sorry:

edit on 10-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

........ I always figured it was either from "Yankee" or "Wanker" or a combination of both. I assume wanker means a dude's private parts, so I figured we were just being called d*cks or something. Not to be confused with the British dish called "spotted dick"....which sounds more like a venereal disease than a dessert you're suppose to eat..........

pmsl!

Err, not quite
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by max100

Here's some diplomacy in action folks:

If we US Americans agree to disregard J Kyle will you promise to not judge us by Palin??

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by laterallateral
As a Canadian, I feel cultural kinship towards both Americans and the British.
As a FRENCH Canadian, I am obliged to hate them both.

Fair enough so mluuuggghh!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by max100

Here's some diplomacy in action folks:

If we US Americans agree to disregard J Kyle will you promise to not judge us by Palin??

A Done Deal................. (happly walks away assured of the best possible outcome for all concerned) 8-)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

LoL

We don't hate anyone

We just choose sides

America thrives off of prejudice, yep I would say we embrace it

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think it would be the opposite, most European people 'hate' Americans more than the opposite but the whole thing is really usually just joking around and poking fun. Plus lol, we DID save your asses in TWO wars at last minute! (jk)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join