It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by stewalters1

I love the British!

The Harrier, Dr. Who and Tea, whats not to like!!

Chavs, Simon Cowell, the Queen, David Cameron, black pudding (congealed dried cows blood
) , spam (that's just wrong too)
warm beer.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have to say im not american im aussie but i should hate the british but i cant im half british and half aboriginal plus my two best mates are brits and so is my girlfriend....So from australia i love the brits....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Heres your hug, sounds like you need it, dont worry mate we love you. We all know that your us sept with an accent and randy women. We also know your going through the same things we are over here just with a little bit of a europien twist. We see you have #e leaders just like us, and its take to the street time. Whom ever you talked to is just like little kids online with video games,They get off on giving you a hasssle and makeing you mad, you just need to do what i do and that is mute them, take the piss out of them, ( hope you liked my english terminology for you), but thats not all of us, know what just send over kate middleton and we'll be all good.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I suppose, in a way, it's like people think the Brits hate the French, the French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles, the Poles hate the Russians, on and on it goes, some probably do, some don't, its all perception,
mainly an excuse to have a good laugh at the other culture, the west Germans were really fond of making jokes about the east Germans before the wall came down.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
black pudding (congealed dried cows blood
) , spam (that's just wrong too)
warm beer.

Black pudding is usually pigs blood / fat, and it's tasty mmmmmmm, haggis is too, if made properly

Spam is awesome, it's perfect work lunch material!

And that is a myth about warm beer, the colder your ale the better!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Brits are usually racist pricks on call of duty. But anyway, I love the British. They gave us Zeppelin.

Why the hell is this on the front page?
edit on 11-1-2011 by Pobble because: Why the hell is this on the front page?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks.

I just snorted coffee through both nostrils. Keyboard ruined

If you like the way we use the 'c' word then search Youtube for Derek and Clive Live - Peter Cook and Dudley Moore were the absolute best swearers this country is proud to have produced - the unique use of an 'a' instead of a 'u' improves both the c and f word! ........So yes, I'm a Brit, but call myself English in case people think I like Britney Spears.

Back on thread.... some great posts in these pages, just shows that most (from both sides of the pond) have the good grace to laugh off the very odd whinge about who we are, what we do, or who we've invaded since last Tuesday lunchtime.

My work means that I talk with mainly UK and US companies most days, and I have to say that the people I speak with in the US are great - nearly always upbeat, cheerful, and there's plenty of times when we take the mick out of each other, but always good fun and professional - makes work a pleasure. Likewise for the US friends I've made over the 'net through the years, we've talked about some of the things that get out of hand sometimes - like US gun law, UK CCTV cameras, the things both our governments do that get right up our collective noses, but most realise, we're not our government. For the OP, no signs of US hating Brits, just the odd person that gets up your nose, happens anywhere

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Honestly I have no ill feelings to any other country or race of people. My governments actions tend to make me hated though. I don't support the idiotic wars we are in, (although I DO support the troops!) bad decisions are made and most of the sheeple here just go along with the flow. As long as they can get their Starbucks in the morning and watch the Bachelor at night, they are content to let our government do whatever they wish. Sorry got off on a tangent there........

To sum up, I don't dislike you at all! Please don't dislike me for the choices of my government!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by medillon

Your forgetting Roy "Chubby" Brown, although he isn't to everyones taste, I've seen him twice live (Blackpool and Carlisle) and left with tears running down my face from laughing so hard! If there was an award for the most swearing / worst swear words imaginable in a single hour he would clinch it everytime.
edit on 11/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sorry chaps. SPAM is an American invention, first produced in 1937 by Hormel Foods Inc, Austin Minnesota.

For all you SPAM fans out there, and I love SPAM fritters, please visit..............Yes you got it, www.spam.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pobble
Brits are usually racist pricks on call of duty. But anyway, I love the British. They gave us Zeppelin.

Why the hell is this on the front page?
edit on 11-1-2011 by Pobble because: Why the hell is this on the front page?

Yeah Call of duty does NOT reflect anyone besides the fools who play such sub-standard games.

/sigh

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yes, he is very good. However, I have met him off stage, and believe it or not, he is totally different. He never swears or curses, in fact a perfect gentleman.

But, what a comic!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I can see this developing into a Monty Python moment.....alas I'm at work and under proxy, otherwise I would be posting youtube links right now.........LOL, I'LL HAVE SPAM EGG AND CHIPS SPAM SPAM SPAM!

EDIT: To say, yeah, your right, I've met him offstage (RCB) too, and he is, very well spoken and a totally different character to his on-stage self!
edit on 11/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Plus, in UK, they are probably Chavs on the dole with nothing better to do than play those games and p**s off other people.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Please, please, please, no singing Vikings LOL

We've got Spam, Spam, Spam, eggs, chips and peas. That hasn't got much Spam in it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11/1/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I have to tell you that there are brits that bash America just as there are Americans that bash the brits. I've seen it both ways on here. Realize that its like children calling each other names and try not to take it personally. Some children never grow up.

At least your sensitive to the problem, which is a good thing as it shows you have the potential to evolve into a better person. Some have yet to learn that we're all in this together and though we don't have to like or love everyone, we should at least be more tolerent of others. The world would be a better place if could learn that.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

Yes, this is a one liner. Well said, well said.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Over the years of using this forum i can honestly say i've never seen any of that you're on about, maybe a little bit during the BP Oil spill

And if i can add i love Americans, along with our Aussie & Canadian brothers & sisters

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Personally, I like the British people. I have been to the UK several times; London, Portsmouth, and Dover; the people are great imo. The government is just as bad as ours, so no hard feelings there.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by mr-lizard

Plus, in UK, they are probably Chavs on the dole with nothing better to do than play those games and p**s off other people.

Oh if its Video games you're on about then yes there is plenty of that going on LOL

I'll hold my hand up and say i do it alot but no more so than with any other nationality, nothing wrong with a good ole bit of sporting banter is there?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join