It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
enjoy your stay my friends... for it is true your time is almost up...

and a little pointer, do not tread in circles searching for the meaning, live it up and be the true meaning, for if you keep searching for the answers, what you will find will be sweet on your lips but will turn sour in your stomach.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by stewalters1

And of course when i say Knock up it has an entirely different meaning in the states. Have a funny story about a guy offering to knock up the wife in a hotel Ill have you know she almost hit him.

Knock-up means to get a woman pregnant, what does it mean in the US?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

We don't hate Britts...We hate the French!

Bin nous .. on aime tout le monde

avoir de la haine pour a rien .. is really kiddo and immature
edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Your muslim president doesn't! To him the French cheese eating surrender monkeys are your greatest allies! Best of luck with that one...

Where to start? Enough with the #e, Cholmondeley-Warner...
First, Obama, not a Muslim (just sayin'..)
Second - Dubya hated the French. Was that any better?
Third - as an American woukd say "Enough with the xenophobia already!"
Vicky

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

And of course when i say Knock up it has an entirely different meaning in the states. Have a funny story about a guy offering to knock up the wife in a hotel Ill have you know she almost hit him.

it means the same here... east and west coast, theist and atheist.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I thought the British were buddies to the Americans so I never saw the point of this thread unless someone wanted some reassurance. I even watch Doctor Who on the BBC channel when it plays and got a laugh out of the disclaimer that some may not understand the accent or be able to understand all the words.

When the internet once had a microphone free talk set up where you could talk to others for free, I thought the girls in the UK, in Canada, and in Australia all had sexy accents. I got an even bigger kick or laugh out of one British girl who kept asking who I was because she said I sounded like one of her close friends. I thought it was amazing I could sound like one of her friends when I've lived in the US all my life. Of course she did not tell me where her friend was located.

Some of my ancestors come from Scotland so I certainly think well of the British.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Second - Dubya hated the French. Was that any better?
Third - as an American woukd say "Enough with the xenophobia already!"
Vicky

I don't know much about the french, but what I do pick up from alot of other cultures is by sampling their food, one thing I can tell you is french have only fired potatoes to offer in this department unlike the Indians
French food is so gawd awful boring there aren't words really to express it.

I can understand why chicks dig french food because it's all pretty and what not, but the proportions are lacking, heh... and the spice just isn't really there.

here's Robin Williams give a good interpretation of how America view the french

edit on 2/7/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

it means the same here... east and west coast, theist and atheist.

Why bring Theist and Atheist into it?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

because it is important to know...

for if your arses run to America when shyte hits the fan over in England and you are facing Sharia law, well if you come anywhere near my homeland and you are of the godless left variety... then you head west young man ! and I mean all the way west to the coast of Cali, it is going to fall off into the sea eventually anyway, or it possibly could form it's own island? we rebuke it from our Union but it has not been announced, it has just always been that way...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Seriously... You Americans need to respect us.

Or we'll set our Grannies on ya!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Well in the UK apparently the front desk offers to knock you up in the morning. Here we would say something along the lines of do you want a wake up. But alas subtleties in language can cause all kinds of trouble.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Wow guy do you wear tin foil hats just curious. Trust me the brits
would never allow Sharia law to take over there country . They just try real hard to look like they play well with others in truth once you get to know them you realize how quickly there willing to tell someone to sod off.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

no actually... I already have a Metal-Head

you could call me an Iron Man of sorts...

edit on 2/7/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: vid

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

because it is important to know...

for if your arses run to America when shyte hits the fan over in England and you are facing Sharia law, well if you come anywhere near my homeland and you are of the godless left variety... then you head west young man ! and I mean all the way west to the coast of Cali, it is going to fall off into the sea eventually anyway, or it possibly could form it's own island? we rebuke it from our Union but it has not been announced, it has just always been that way...

You seem to be trolling alot of threads at the moment, what is your problem?

At least try and stay "on subject".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

WOW
I always wondered what super-gran was up to after she retired from her TV show

Don't mess with British pensioners!

edit on 8/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
No, I don't hate the British. I don't know anyone here in the US who does either. For what that is worth.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You seem to be trolling alot of threads at the moment, what is your problem?

At least try and stay "on subject".

trolling

yeah right... it is called checking the replies in your inbox.

and there is nothing wrong dude, I'm just saying we Americans don't really like much those who forget their heritage and the foundations of western civilization, we don't need any more of that... it doesn't matter how cool you want to act in front of your friends, I could care less what religion you practice or if you practice any religion at all... personally my religion is Heavy Metal like I have said.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't hate the British. I don't know anyone around here that does.....

And I think the accent is hot.

edit on 8-2-2011 by MeSoCorny because: felt like it

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Seriously... You Americans need to respect us.

Or we'll set our Grannies on ya!

lmao ! star for that

whatta bunch of ignorant thugs... must be druggies ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
I don't hate the British. I don't know anyone around here that does.....

And I think the accent is hot.

Americans do not hate the British or any particular group for that matter... I would say we are just a bit selective towards ideologies, we seek to deny ignorance anywhere we may find it, nothing more... if the individual British mindset is reflective of our core values such as the "American Dream" and they can understand our adherence to the "Constitution" you are more than welcome to move anywhere in the dark or bright "red" sections of this here map.

never mind the blue areas, we are dealing with our own infestation of ignorance... we haven't really messed with the commie bastids much since 1948, rest assured though... their time is almost up ! en.wikipedia.org...

looking closely at the blue areas you can also see these are some of the main problem areas in the United States, they are off in lala land somewhere hugging trees and feeling guilty mostly

edit on 2/8/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Of course we dislike the British.

1) Why else read the Declaration of Independence at the beginning of the most broadcast event on American TV, the Super Bowl.

2) Why else sing about an American battle in 1812 versus the British at every sports event that ever takes place in America (the national anthem)

3). Why else celebrate St. Patricks Day, but ignore St. George's Day.

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join