Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Bloody scousers! They come to your home, eat all your bread, stink up your sofa, rob all your spare change, raid the fridge/freezer, leave pikey white cider bottles everywhere, drink your bottle of red wine that you were hiding for valentines day with the missus and the one and only time you visit their flat in Liverpool all you walk away with is fleas and food poisoning!

Gotta love the scatty buggers though..............

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
it's true, the british are the white people i hate the most.

-HIHQH

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bismos

Guess being racist only cuts one way nowadays here on ATS.

Inagine the outrage if I was to state;
'the Nigerians are the black people I hate the most'.

And just to let you know not all Brits are white nowadays.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am American and I love the British.

Dr. Who.

The Clash.

Monty Python.

How can you not love the British?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Bloody scousers! They come to your home, eat all your bread, stink up your sofa, rob all your spare change, raid the fridge/freezer, leave pikey white cider bottles everywhere, drink your bottle of red wine that you were hiding for valentines day with the missus and the one and only time you visit their flat in Liverpool all you walk away with is fleas and food poisoning!

Gotta love the scatty buggers though..............

I hope you're joking. May I ask what part of the UK you are from, just so i can make a stereotypical, obnoxious and unfounded comment about you and your family.

Cheeky git.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'm semi-joking, I'm actually talking from experience, got a few mates from the pool and they stay at mine when they are up here, with one of them, Balcomb, the above things actually happen(ed)!

Although him and his missus are actually from the city itself, the flea / FP thing happened at their flat in Bootle, which if I'm right, you scousers don't actually class as part of Liverpool, am I right?

EDIT: To say, when they are all up together it's like an episode of bleedin' Brooky in my living room

Don't worry mate, I have no hatred towards scousers in the slightest.
edit on 11/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by screaminmimi
I'm American & I love the British - mainly because of their accents

On a similar note, I also love Aussies for the same reason!

(I know you have used plural, but others have used singular.)
Lots of Americans have said that they love the British accent.

I'm interested in what they mean by British accent.

Here is a list of English accents and they all sound very different.
(this does not include Irish, Welsh or Scottish)
Cheshire
Cumbrian (Cumbria including Barrow-in-Furness)
Geordie (Tyneside)
Lancastrian (Lancashire)
Scouse (Merseyside)
Mancunian-Salfordian (Manchester & Salford)
Mackem (Sunderland)
Northumbrian (rural Northumberland)
Pitmatic (Durham and Northumberland)
Yorkshire (also known as Broad Yorkshire or Tyke)
In the far north, local speech is noticeably Scots in nature.
East Midlands - Nottingham - Leicester - Derby
Black Country English
Brummie (Birmingham)
Potteries (north Staffordshire)
Received Pronunciation (Also known as Queen's English or BBC English)
Cockney (East London)
East Anglian (Norfolk/Broad Norfolk, Suffolk and North Essex)
Estuary (Thames Estuary)
Kentish (Kent)
Multicultural London English (Inner London)
Sussex.

Or! is there some sort of generic one that most Americans think we actually speak?
Genuine question.

Peace
edit on 9/2/11 by NonKonphormist because: to do editing type stuff

Sorry to correct you my friend but scouse is literally people from Liverpool. Those from other regions of Merseyside would get quite upset if you classed them as scousers. They usually class themselves as Mersysiders and definately not scousers...

Where have I stated that the list was a full and complete list of UK accents?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

I like all the ones I've ever heard. I am aware there are plenty of different accents. In the US, there a bunch of different accents as well - my uncle has a Cajun accent & I have a "Southern accent" according to people. I'm sure which British accent I like the most. I like John Cleese & Hugh Laurie's accents a lot, don't know which ones those are considered, though.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bismos

To be honest. you should have your account banned for that comment. Its probably one of the most ignorant comments iv seen here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I bet he's a Chelsea rent boy! haha only kiddin.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismos
it's true, the british are the white people i hate the most.

-HIHQH

Wayhey!!! No1#!!!

I like to think that we've come first in something.

Out of interest, how bored were you to come up with a league table of hateable white races?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Aas fre Cumbria marra! Aye way up North, I think the only thing that you can pick on is the fact that we seem to be the dumping ground for all of the UK's radioactive waste.

If a seagull chits on you up here you grow extra limbs and glow in the dark. (Thats nearly true, seagull poop was found to contain traces of radiation)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm semi-joking, I'm actually talking from experience, got a few mates from the pool and they stay at mine when they are up here, with one of them, Balcomb, the above things actually happen(ed)!

Although him and his missus are actually from the city itself, the flea / FP thing happened at their flat in Bootle, which if I'm right, you scousers don't actually class as part of Liverpool, am I right?

EDIT: To say, when they are all up together it's like an episode of bleedin' Brooky in my living room

I got the joke mate. It's amzing that everyone coments on the warped scouse sense of humour and yet it totally vanishes the moment someone makes a joke about us or the city! Dont know if you've been back to Liverpool lately but since we've become Capital of culture the city has changed drastically. Even our fleas now wipe their feet before they jump on you!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Let you off then

Being honest i'm not from Liverpool, but I have family there. I've never actually had a bad experience in Liverpool, always a great time. But the plastic scousers are the one's who give everyone a bad name.

The 'scallies' are the infamous ones who tar all Liverpudlians with the bad brush.

Sorry for being so defensive

(Incidentally, whilst you've been reading this... Jimmy, Barry and Gary have stolen your car)

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I think you may appreciate this.

Incidentally, if any American's are playing. This is how we play football. Real football

Peace
edit on 11-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I think you may appreciate this.

Incidentally, if any American's are playing. This is how we play football. Real football

Peace
edit on 11-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

Quality!!
I ain't seen that in years, made my day

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

Hello, I thought I'd give my say on your post. As an American I personally don't have any problem with the british or any other european nation. Alas, you share a good question. The answer could be a yes and no, just like any other country, America has its "everyone else haters." Sometimes we have comedies on television that may make fun at englands expense but its all for laughs. Honestly though I don't think "most" Americans hate british people, there's just that concentrated group of people who hate for no reason. As far as the belief of you guys bieng "weak" I'd disagree I'd say our governments help eachother due to the fact that we're allies, personally I'd say Englands pretty damn strong for a country that is fairly small in size, you have the SAS, MI6, and MI5. Anyhow I hope this clears a few things up.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

I just wish for once your "TV" would take the piss out of us Northerners, it's always the south that gets it and it makes the rest of us Brits look like either a) upper class, big nosed, crooked teeth, posh tea drinking, crumpet eating tossers, or b) 18th century cockney half wits!

We're a product of centurys of Celtic, Viking, roman < insert other ancient battle seasoned cultures here > rule, them southerners all got Frenched!

EDIT: Scrap that thought, I would hate to see an American do a Cumbrian / Scouse / Manc / Yorkshire or Lancastrian accent, hell, even a Brummie accent would be hard methinks! (no offence meant)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnCreed777

I just wish for once your "TV" would take the piss out of us Northerners, it's always the south that gets it and it makes the rest of us Brits look like either a) upper class, big nosed, crooked teeth, posh tea drinking, crumpet eating tossers, or b) 18th century cockney half wits!

We're a product of centurys of Celtic, Viking, roman < insert other ancient battle seasoned cultures here > rule, them southerners all got Frenched!

EDIT: Scrap that thought, I would hate to see an American do a Cumbrian / Scouse / Manc / Yorkshire or Lancastrian accent, hell, even a Brummie accent would be hard methinks! (no offence meant)

accents can change... When I moved to the southern US from a little further up north as a small child in school I went home after the first day and said "mommy, these people talk funny" then one day in my teens as I'm drinking and all riled I hear myself and realize the damn redneck I have become and nothing sounds stupider...yes, stupider, then a south Georgia accent but you do it because it gets funny to you... it's becomes humorous to just breakdown and become dumber than # (and rumor has it that something is in the water because every damn body else has noticed the same # now we're all a bunch pissed off idiotic sounding rednecks. Oh yeah... AND we're supposed to be racist despite the fact that we have lived our entire lives around a selection of minorities). I full well now how accents can change and how ridiculous mine sounds when I'm not in control of it but I love the south and will continue being a redneck despite the fact that it was the last thing I wanted to be when I moved here.

By God we were respectable hillbillies and that is something completely different.

... and also, I dated an Englishman and caught myself saying English things as well as him beginning to say rednecky things... despite his resistance and flaming the entire American culture every chance he got.
edit on 11-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
I am American and I love the British.

Dr. Who.

The Clash.

Monty Python.

How can you not love the British?

BP aka British Petroleum. If it was a majority American company that spilled a few barrels of oil, let alone millions, the British would be asking for the former Oregon Territories. Heck try and imagine a majority American company owning or operating a mine or oil platform in British territory would be a hard sell. Yet the British are able to rape our shores and steal from our land with impunity?

Remember it was the British bankers that started this depression and it is British owned oil and banking firms that are intentionally weakening and crippling the American economy. Why are we even aligned with that nation full of sociopaths is beyond me, I think we should just send the red-coats packing like it is 1774.

new topics
top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join