It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jefferson's report to the American Philosophical Society, regarding a UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Unless they can tie this event to a conspiracy involving two Yankee professors? There have been several meteor strikes like Tunguska in modern times.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No reason to believe that an alien craft would crash without ejecting a parachute, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Great post OP. And an interesting read. I love historical records like this. S&F&

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
One of my fave quotes of this is at the bottom in the fineprint...

Mr Dunbar was induced to forward this extract to the Society,as he supposed it had been less noticed than it deserved to be

Seems like it impressed even this proclaimed "Meteorite Guy" and was a bigger deal than reported...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kayzar

I agree, this sounded like a meteor impact. Great read tho, I wish we still spoke that,

Later.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
There have been stories of townspeople in that time period who buried dead extraterrestrials they retrieved from crash sites. They even performed funeral services and placed tombstones for them. Very interesting document you've found.

do you have a source for that claim?

If so then it's possible to exhume actual evidence somewhere

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I've seen many meteorites in my day. One spectacular one that I recall seeing when I was about 13 was when I was out late at night with my older brothers. A huge fire ranged across the sky overhead and flashes were coming out of it. It lite the whole night sky so we could see as if it was daylight. It left a burning trail behind it, and it also had little pieces that were breaking off. Also there was a huge supersonic boom that came from it. It was a most awesome sight. I wish I could see more meteorites like that following.

This case makes me think of what I saw. Sounds like a classic meteorite sighting.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Davood

The story goes that in 1897, somewhere in rural Texas (google it) a 'cigar shaped craft' crashed. Villagers found a small alien creature close to the wreckage of the crash, still alive but sick. They tried to care for this creature, transporting it to a nearby barn, where it died of its injuries. They then buried the body in the local cemetery and marked the spot with an 'oddly shaped stone'. Over the years, many people heard the story and turned up at the cemetery with shovels all set to try and dig the unfortunate creature up, eventually, the headstone was stolen so potential grave robbers were no longer able to find the exact site. Heres a link to one report on youtube, but I have heard this story many times from different sources:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlpSZBqgS-w

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by Davood

The story goes that in 1897, somewhere in rural Texas (google it) a 'cigar shaped craft' crashed. Villagers found a small alien creature close to the wreckage of the crash, still alive but sick. They tried to care for this creature, transporting it to a nearby barn, where it died of its injuries. They then buried the body in the local cemetery and marked the spot with an 'oddly shaped stone'. Over the years, many people heard the story and turned up at the cemetery with shovels all set to try and dig the unfortunate creature up, eventually, the headstone was stolen so potential grave robbers were no longer able to find the exact site. Heres a link to one report on youtube, but I have heard this story many times from different sources:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlpSZBqgS-w

Classic story. It took place in Aurora, TX and actually crashed into a windmill. They gave the alien a christian burial which is kind of funny. Apparently there is still radiation, or something like it left over in the yard where the windmill once stood, in a shed with a water hole. The area is private property though. Strange stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am thinking now - how long have they been interfering with human affairs? They probably never left the planet after they built pyramids.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
it's certainly an interesting read. I wish I could see more than a meteor impact in it. It's a pleasure to read such grammar and exposing clarity.

The only thing that doesnt fit to me is didnt they know about meteors by then? they didnt know were they came from but knew about them (comets, asteroids, meteors)...

It's strange is not even mentioned.

History (really short)
library.thinkquest.org...

This was the state of Science by 1800's
home.earthlink.net...

s&f

edit on 11-1-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
He refers to an image....Fig. 5 Plate IV...anyone?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Amazing that after 211 years, (especially the last 50 years with all the new technology) we are really no closer to solving this mystery. Sure, there are more videos and pics coming out all the time, but still no real answers or proof of whats going on.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This certainly sounds like a UFO sighting and not a meteor. However, I find it interesting that the plate, Fig. 5, which would most likely be an accurate drawing of what was seen, is the only part missing from all of this and a terrible loss. I wonder what happened to it? Sounds like a conspiracy to me, LOL!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is a great find. Well done and thanks for the effort there.

Its both worthwhile and important for us all to look into the sightings throughout history before they became regarded as taboo.
In local papers' archives I have found plenty of reports of sightings in the 1920 on the South Coast of SA, however never one by somebody holding such a high office in government.

Keep it up, the rest of you, get to work!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the thread is supposed to implicate. Its very pretty.
edit on 11-1-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

Why do you dismiss meteor possibilty so fast?
it's quite plausible.

Meteors cause sonic boom by rapidly displacing air as they move (like thunder more or less) and they can even produce slight earth shakes. That is precisely described in the doc.

I'd like to see UFO case in there, but I cant.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm missing something from the report but it sounds like a small meteorite possibly containing iron (crimson red glow, heat radiated). It also literally 'crashes' burning up vegetation and breaking up the ground. It sounds to me very much like a meteorite and very much not unidentified.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That missing plate does it for me, I'm all fine with people thinking it's a meteor, but having an extra figure that is a giant flaming chunk of rock makes less sense than having an extra figure detailing the shape of a craft. I also agree that if William was well-versed in natural things, that trying to give this "phenomenon" more coverage seems like it was a bit more important than a meteorite that was so small and slow moving that it didn't cause too much damage. But...if they went to the crash site, you'd think they'd find some of the ship's wreckage and comment on that. So I'm saying possibly meteorite, possibly alien ship, but certainly, who really needs evidence for alien contact? All of our religious texts tell us about all the alien contact we need evidence of, I mean, we were created by aliens, so why do we need so much proof that they're still flying around? It's obvious that aliens exist in our galaxy and it's obvious that many are far more advanced, obvious that many different groups have been involved with our planet, obvious that they created us and "civilized" us, obvious that they caused the Great Flood, obvious that they built or assisted build the megalithic structures, obvious that they're still watching us, obvious that the malevolent ones are those above the Illuminati, obvious that we're heading into a Golden Age where we'll be "godly" like them, and obvious that all those who don't see these things, are just too lazy to do the research or too in denial of believing a lie for so long and being lied to by their governments and religions.

So flying saucer or not, we're already filled to the brim with hard evidence of alien visitation and manipulation. If you need older evidence, the cops who met the three Humans and their cigar shaped craft in 1987 should be enough, the darn aliens admitted to being aliens, asked if the cops wanted to go somewhere it wasn't raining.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
However thanks for bring us this information to the ATS community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join