It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin is owed an Apology :Professor Bradly Smith

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You know what, please don't suggest my diet to me, I am quite capable of selecting what I ingest, myself. Your suggestion of decaf and fiber is a personal ad hominem attack, and not a very funny one. I know it's one of your personal favorite ad hominem attacks on my person suggesting that I drink too much caffeine and am constipated, but seriously, it's lame.

Everyone is well aware of the not so veiled threats exposed by the TEA Party over the past two years. The only ones even trying to fool themselves is FOX News and hopefully people are smart enough not to buy it.

FOX News wants to make this a two sided issue, the problem with that is, while they stretch things the left has said to it's most absurd to meet the goal of being a threat, the TEA Party were gleefully and cheerfully holding signs like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ebc50e7ed2d.jpg[/atsimg]

Well, the TEA Parties hero Jarred didn't come unarmed this time. But instead of accolades for a job well done, the TEA Party thought to themselves "whoa, this just got real" and decided to throw their hero under the bus.

He just did what the TEA Party has been saying they were going to do for the last two years. I guess Sarah Palin was wrong and it's not time for a revolution and she won't be a part of it.

You think that Sharron Angle now might not be looking towards those "Second Amendment remedies" now that the TEA Party hero Jarred sought that out?

Like the old adage goes "It's all fun and games until someone get's hurt"

Well, now people were hurt, and killed, and all the cover ups by the right in the world doesn't mask the fact that the TEA Party got what it wanted and decided to abandon their hero.

Sarah Palin abandoned her hero, just like she abandoned her job in Alaska for a book deal:

You can read her statements on the event here, instead of taking ANY responsibility for what happened, she deflected and dismissed any wrongdoing on her part.

She abandoned one of the Heroes of the TEA Party "revolution". It's just something for people to think about if they are planing something similar in the future, Sarah Palin won't be there for you, neither will the TEA Party, because while, they like to hold signs and threaten politicians, it's all fun and games by people who are ultimately selfish, and only interested in what they can get for themselves, and not interested in solving the problems facing this country as a whole.

The TEA Party showed it's true colors here, showed that they are fair weather friends, quick to threaten, but when someone actually acts on the things they say, will abandon them and distance themselves like FOX News is doing right now. Turn on FOX News, and every time they talk about this incident, they make sure to throw their hero under the bus and disavow any connection to him or any responsibility for his act.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Got some pictures of my own to share.
Progressive Climate of Hate - an Illustrated primer - 2000/2010
Gunna' ignore 'em .. I'm sure.

edit on 1/12/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am not familiar with any of the people in your pictures. What offices do they hold? What nationwide audience do they reach and how? Are they TV or radio personalities?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nope, I looked at them, and did you read where I pointed out that the bullseye targets on that picture didn't actually correlated with anyone in particular?

But Queen Sarah, now she put out a definite "hit list"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74fdb65efb7e.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, and look at who's name is on Queen Sarah's "hit list"

That's right, the woman who is in the hospital right now who suffered a gunshot wound THROUGH HER HEAD!

The same congressman who said this:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
After having his home and family threatened becauase of something Speaker Boehner said, Steve Driehaus said it pretty well.

"But it's not about what he intended -- it's about how the least rational person in my district takes it. We run into some crazy people in this line of work."
here
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
did you read where I pointed out that the bullseye targets on that picture didn't actually correlated with anyone in particular?

1 - Bullseyes are bullseyes .. it's psychologically the same meaning to the reader.
2 - Did you bother going to the left wing bullseye targets and see what was the next layer underneath?

Oh, and look at who's name is on Queen Sarah's "hit list" That's right, the woman who is in the hospital right now who suffered a gunshot wound THROUGH HER HEAD!

Thar she blows again!!
Trying to insinuate a connection out one side of your mouth, all the while saying something else out the other side. You don't understand basic psychology do you? Here .. let me spoon feed some to you. Small bites ... easy to chew .... The shooter had no political affiliation and there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE to support that he targeted the congresswoman for assassination due to anything Palin said or did. In fact, the EVIDENCE supports the FACT that this guy was deranged and obsessed with the congreswoman for many years.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

You want to hear some violent rhetoric from a left wing politician. Sure. From obamessiah himself
Did Barack obama's Violent Rehtoric Inspire Mass Murder in Arizona?

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

Geee ... now how hard would it be for the far right to twist these things around and claim that violence in America is Obama's fault? Not very hard. That's exactly what the far left, with it's PDS, did. It jumped on Palin and blamed her for the Arizona murders when it is clearly not her fault. Sure, her words are irresponsible .. so are Obamas ... so are those on the left who I posted the link to ... so are many others.

Wanna' answer my question .. if you are allegedly so concerned and have been for so long .. then why aren't you concerned about the same violent crap spewing from Obama and the left? The crap is flowing at equal rates from both sides, and yet only Palin and Beck seem to be the ones you all are 'concerned' about.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Exactly!!!!!

I am not discounting those images, some of them were brutal, others distasteful, but I never saw them on a loop in the news for days on end, I've never heard them discussed on the radio (and yes I frequently listen to conservative talk radio, gasp ).

To me that is the difference. The internet is full of manure, in every genre, but it isn't newsworthy, and as in those images one must seek them out.

When people of influence give a speech or host an event the media covers it, and it covers it for days. By the time they are done reporting on the last event another has occurred and it starts all over.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
You have yet to post anything as vile as the things Sharon Angle said.

Does this meet your perception of "vile enough"?

Link

Dem Congressman who called for GOP Gov. to be put against a wall and shot now pleads for civility

By: Mark Hemingway 01/11/11 1:15 PM

(snip)
Yesterday, I noted that, according to the Scranton Times, Kanjorski said this about Florida's new Republican Governor Rick Scott on October 23:

"That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him. He stole billions of dollars from the United States government and he's running for governor of Florida. He's a millionaire and a billionaire. He's no hero. He's a damn crook. It's just we don't prosecute big crooks."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Nah.. she's really not. If anything Palin owes the tea party an apology.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

So, by that logic, you admit that Obama is just as guilty? .

It is not a binary question.

One man steals a candy bar...

Another man robs several banks at gunpoint...

Fact: They both broke the law.

Lie: That we can infer they are both equal threats to society at large.

Lie: Both acts are Legal because they both broke the law.

This whole "it's a wash" argument because Pres. Obama or the DNC used a careless analogy once or twice where Palin has made violent metaphors a mainstay of her rhetoric...is just dishonest.

You know it, I know it...it is exhausting arguing with folks pretending otherwise.

Palin likely didn't cause this.

The fact that this shooter might not have been motivated by Palin does not mean that a future shooter won't be. In that context why should she continue using those metaphors?

Her rhetoric is irresponsible and ugly...or as Jon Stewart said...

It would be really nice if the ramblings of crazy people didn't in any way resemble how we actually talk to each other on TV.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Haqs to be the dumbest reply I'v e ever read on here. I've yet to see one person consider him a hero.........back to decaf and fiber for you.

Wukky had a point...all the far right rhetoric of armed revolution...a little blood now and then to feed democracy....

well this is what the blood of patriots looks like. Women and children.

I am relieved that the far right finds it equally as appalling as the left. Now if the far right would maybe tone down their rhetoric to match their actual views.

edit on 12-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by Sinnthia
You have yet to post anything as vile as the things Sharon Angle said.

Does this meet your perception of "vile enough"?

Link

Dem Congressman who called for GOP Gov. to be put against a wall and shot now pleads for civility

By: Mark Hemingway 01/11/11 1:15 PM

(snip)
Yesterday, I noted that, according to the Scranton Times, Kanjorski said this about Florida's new Republican Governor Rick Scott on October 23:

"That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him.

Kanjorski who??? I had to google him up to even figure out who the hell he was. A former Dem Congressman from PA...who said it in a local Op-Ed piece and apologized.

It was an idiotic remark and deserved every bit of heat it brought him. Glad to see he apologized, maybe you should email the article to Sarah Palin.

But again...Kanjorski who??? To imply he carries the same Megaphone as Sarah Palin, or any megaphone at all is dishonest.

I never even heard of the idiot before your post and I doubt I am the only one.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You want to hear some violent rhetoric from a left wing politician. Sure. From obamessiah himself
Did Barack obama's Violent Rehtoric Inspire Mass Murder in Arizona?

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

Geee ... now how hard would it be for the far right to twist these things around and claim that violence in America is Obama's fault?

Please....PLEASE...PLEASE STOP LIEING

I remember a time when I was shocked that the far right would unapologetically lie to the people...now it seems to be just another day at the office for them.

He wasn't talking about ACORN...that is just racially tinged/class warfare button pushing from your propagandist handlers.

And his full quote included the following.

“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry. I’m angry,” Mr. Obama said, his voice reaching a peak seven days after learning of the bonuses given to employees of the American International Group.
“What I want to do, though, is channel our anger in a constructive way.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Well, I had heard of him, because I go to a lot of varied news sources and at the time I heard this quite a bit.

However, it doesn't lessen the vileness of it and that people did hear it, it was a major deal - hence the reason he apologized. That wasn't really the point, the point is, where was this outrage then? (Not directed at you, but in general)

The truth of the matter is, it is a double edged sword, and my post was meant to point out that both sides are equally culpable in their rhetoric. I think most of us in this thread agree to that, regardless of political affiliation.

I guess down to crux of the matter, I don't believe political rhetoric is to blame for this, because even when the fairness donctrine was in play, JFK was killed, MLK was killed, Regan was shot and Ford was shot at twice.

The entire topic has become an attack source for one party against the other, but in reality, showing that it is a two way street is meant to open some eyes to this reality.

This reality being that no one is "responsible" for his acts but him. Even if he outright says, "Palin made me do it." or "Obama made me do it.", he is ultimately responsible, and all this rhetoric is just mental masturbation to win "sides" and votes and now even campaign funds.

It is a prime example of the media once again attempting to manipulate the people, and boy, is it working.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

Oh lord ...this one too. Private Sector??? He was talking about the BP Oil spill!!

Matt Lauer actually asked him a question about "kicking Butt" his quote was an answer to that question!!!

The Pres. was quotong Lauer!!

and to the "Private Sector"?? You mean specifically BP Oil right???

MR. LAUER:: Critics are now talking about your style, which is the first time I've heard that in a long time. And they're saying here's a guy who likes to be known as cool and calm and collected, and this isn't the time for cool, calm and collected --

that this is not the time to meet with experts and advisers. This is a time to spend more time in the Gulf and -- I never thought I'd say this to a president -- but kick some butt.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: (Chuckles.)

MR. LAUER: And I don't mean it to be funny.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No. And I understand. And here's what -- I'm going to push back hard on this, because I think that this is just an idea that got in folks' heads and the media has run with it. I was down there a month ago, before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the Gulf. A month ago I was meeting with fishermen down there standing in the rain talking about what a potential crisis this could be.

And I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar. We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers so I know whose "ass to kick", right?

news.yahoo.com...

I am certain I could work my way through your whole list of propaganda...but what is the point...you are not really concerned if it is true or not? Right?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

If he had any national presence, if the average joe/jane had ever heard of the guy...if everything he said was news...if he was a public topic..then you would have seen some "outrage".

I had a beer with a guy last week that used the N-word...i want to know where was the public outrage! Extreme example, but you get where I am going.

The question of "where is the outrage" seems less relevant for a former congressman from PA that wrote and OP-ED than it would for a Sarah Palin. She chose the celebrity..she craves it..it comes with responsibility.

No...this nutbag likely had no motivation from Palin...crazy does as crazy does and he would have gone this route regardless...someone would have died.

But that said...how does that excuse her rhetoric? Is it OK to put crosshairs on politicians?...to use the rhetoric she uses? honest question...it's has a non-partisan answer.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I don't have an answer for it as I never formed an opinion about it, the crosshairs thing. I would be looking back at it in a 20/20 type of perspective, you see. So it wouldn't be fitting to form an opinion now, especially since finding the "other side" had a map too.

I really had no clue the map existed till the shooting happened. This thread is the most I have found out about it. It honestly doesn't strike me emotionally enough to have any real stance or opinion on it.

Here is the unfolding headline on Drudge as I type this, though:

'HE DID NOT WATCH TV. HE DISLIKED THE NEWS. HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO POLITICAL RADIO'

(sorry for the caps, its the major headline with the blue flashing police light thingy) No link to the story yet.
The link came right before I finished this post:
www.mediabistro.com...

The other newly posted topic is this:

Link

I had heard some about this yesterday, this seems to be the place he went to after his ATS postings ceased.

After the things I found out about this, it would seem it had little, if anything, to do with politics, and he was just deranged.

I think, from your response, though, that we are both making the same points, just in different ways.

From the link:

Gaming appears to have been an important part of Mr. Loughner's life. In the 7th grade, he and a friend, Alex Montanaro, began playing the multiplayer online games Starcraft and Diablo, which featured complex virtual worlds where players assume roles and play against other people around the globe, Mr. Montanaro said in emails over the weekend and Monday.

So, once the politcal harping fades, what will we see next? A ban on online gaming?

Once again, we come full circle in the discussion that he is ultimately responsible, as are we all, for our actions. Political rhetoric has been around for a long time. Perhaps it has become more tooth and nail, but I also respect that what is happening with the country at the moment, and peoples rights to vent their frustrations about it.

The sad thing is, the media is overplaying this, and making these arguments front and center, when they should be concentrating on why the police failed to do what was right and proper. Charge him with a felony and make him not able to legally purchase a gun.
news.yahoo.com...
Officers stopped suspect on day of Ariz. shooting

By AMANDA LEE MYERS and JUSTIN PRITCHARD, Associated Press Amanda Lee Myers And Justin Pritchard, Associated Press – 34 mins ago
TUCSON, Ariz. – A wildlife officer pulled over the suspect in the assassination attempt against an Arizona congresswoman less than three hours before the deadly attack, authorities said Wednesday as they pieced together more details of a frenzied morning.

Jared Lougher ran a red light but was let off with a warning at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, the Arizona Game and Fish Department said. The officer took Loughner's driver's license and vehicle registration information but found no outstanding warrants on Loughner or his vehicle.

I also feel we have done enough destruction with PC language. This is only a step from becoming thought police, IMO.

The one upmanship of "your side said worse than my side" isn't proving anything, and only succeeds in dividing the waters even more. What's worse is, it had *nothing* to do with it, so it isn't going to accomplish anything in the long run except possibly the loss of more rights when it was not necessary or reasonable.

PS- Forgot to add: Kanjorsky penned Kanjorsky Ammendment in the Too Big To Fail Bill, also known as the passed into law "Wall Street Reform", for those who were unaware who he is/was. So no, he wasn't sucking up the media's time like Palin, was but was well known regardless.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Libertygal because: to add Kanjorsky reply

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Got some pictures of my own to share.
Progressive Climate of Hate - an Illustrated primer - 2000/2010
Gunna' ignore 'em .. I'm sure.

edit on 1/12/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

WOW! Progressive Liberals displaying hypocrisy again and again. Great link.
It looks like the left is full of hate. The pictures speak for themselves.
It looks like Michelle Malkin is a great place to go for the truth about the left.

edit on 12-1-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

I also feel we have done enough destruction with PC language. This is only a step from becoming thought police, IMO.

IMO - No one on the left, right or middle has called for legal consequences to political speech.

I am an advocate of the 1st amendment for both Michael Moore and the KKK.

Doesn't mean I won't loudly tell the KKK to go ef themselves when I think it appropriate. I benefit from the 1st Amendment as well.

So in the context of PC...sure it can be carried to extremes. I was relieved that the Head of NPR was forced to resign after the Juan Williams debacle. I also note in contrast that Fox News would never retract a story if thier life depended on it...they just pretend they didn't say it....and hell would freeze over before they actually fired anyone for BSing, let alone the Head of Fox News.

All that said.....I would have some serious issue with anyone featuring my wifes name and location with a sniper scope cross-hairs over it on thier website. And I would certainly be due some misplaced anger if I she ended up shot in the head by some lunatic.

It may not be illegal, it may be protected by the 1st amendment I hold dear and would die to defend...but for the love of GOD...it doesn't make it OK.

I know it, you know it and even Sarah Palin knew it as she shut down the page minutes after the shooting hit the news.

SHe Doesn't deserve blame for this, but she is long overdue for shame! And I think what you are witnessing is a public waking up from a foggy haze of anger and frustration during the financial crisis and realizing they were used...exploited...by Sarah Palin...who never offered answers, only goaded on thier anger to benefit her own celebrity.

And wether she cuased this or not...seeing her "metaphorical rhetoric" become reality seems to have jolted a large segment of the population out of thier mindless affirmations of that rhetoric.

We have now seen the real blood of patriots...6 dead including 9 year old Christina Green, born on September 11th 2001. She had an unusual interest in politics for her age and was excited to meet Giffords. She came into this world on a day filled with terror and fear and left the same way...what words would she have for us if she could still speak?...her mom has politely called for a better tone in our political discourse...I am not sure how her mom can speak at all after such a tragedy....for efs sake...enough already....Seriously? "Don't retreat, RELOAD"...which is precisely what Jared Loughlin was doing when he was tackled!! ENOUGH.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join