It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Sarah Palin is owed an Apology :Professor Bradly Smith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thank you OP, I just cannot take it anymore.

OH by the way folks, who said this "I can see Russia from my house"?

But of course you will attempt to foment the narrative.

By the way, it looks like we have a new troll.

Yes, Palin said that Russia is visible from parts of Alaska, are you going to attempt to say it isn't?

Hmmm?

Whatever. Anyway, you know the two words that are the worst words to piss people off?
Whatever and ...................

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sorry to inform you Palinophiles but the lady is toast politically. Regardless whether the assassin was influenced by her violence infused rhetoric, she is emblematic of the vile and vitriol permeating the political landscape. Her schtick was catering to the gun obsessed subculture wrapped in an American flag. Her words will haunt her and lead to her demise. Example:

"The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons -- your Big Guns -- to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win," Palin wrote. In the headline of her update, she mockingly predicted that the message would be "subject to new politically correct language police censorship."

SOURCE

The American public has little tolerance for senseless acts of indiscriminate killing and this tragedy will be forever emblazoned in their hearts and minds. Ironically it will be a case of "guilt by association" whether unfounded or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
In my opinion Sarah Palin, and Sharron Angle are owed absolutely NO apology, in fact they should be sued in civil court for damages from this shooting.

Sarah Palin made a hit list, and the congresswoman was on that list. She was targeted by Sarah Palin (Using gun cross-hairs) for elimination.

In my opinion Sarah Palin is particularly liable for this going down.

You know what? Charles Manson never killed anyone, however he was culpable for those crimes. I believe that Sarah Palin is just a louder more socially acceptable version of Charles Manson.
edit on 1/10/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You are right, Obama, MSNBC(when they had the guy saying it was time for a revolution)and Daily Kos should quit killing people.

I think we should have a District Attorney press charges against these folks.

What do you say KK, you going to press charges? Or are you just here to foment your hyperbole.

I tell you what, I will go in and press charges against Palin right after you go in and press charges against the THREE places that called for the murder of a conservative Democrat. Hmmmm?

Frelling FREAK!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I'd be careful if I were you. The boards are being monitored and they are quite interested in posters spewing rambling, babbling nonsense. The silly rattlesnake probably doesn't help your case either. I think your just miffed your beloved Sarah has, in her parlance, Shot herself in the foot. (high heels)

BTW, I stated MY OPINION and provided a quote to substantiate which is way more than your ad hominem on me.

Endisnigh is that you?
edit on 10-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Gov. Sarah Palin ?
There is just Sarah palin she is not a governor.

Once you have been governor, you have the ability to retain that title forever. Kind of like calling Clinton, Bush(s), Carter with the title "president" even after their term of service.

Just 2 cents

But ... the saluation (in this case) is a two part answer
PART #1 Only a Governor in office is formally and officially addressed as Governor (name). The correct salutation for a former governor is Dear Mr./Ms./Dr./etc. (name): The reason? There is only one Governor

www.formsofaddress.info...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If you quit before your term is up, that title should be taken away from you in any case
And I agree...she shot herself in the high heel. Big time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

What is the salutation for a half term Governor?

Someone who shirks their responsibility doesn't seem deserving of such adulation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Wouldn't you call them "quitter"? How about "Madam Quitter" (to be polite)

Anyway, to the topic. I still don't believe that anyone who would put this up:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74fdb65efb7e.jpg[/atsimg]

Deserves any sort of apology. It's obviously a hit list.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Darn straight. So what, you have an opinion.

By the way, who cares if someone is watching.

The truth is coming out.

Jared Lee Loughner was a psycho of the leftist origin. His mother worked for the government. He had 5 contacts with the police since September. The people in college were afraid of him. He made death threats against people in Tuscon that the Sheriff and police knew about.

GUESS WHAT, they did nothing about it.

You and people like Wuk used this to foment your ideology and it is as VILE as what this psycho did.

How do you feel now?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ironic that in a recent thread it was YOU who was assessing blame by attempting to tie two disparate events together:

New York union guilty of murder (depraved indifference)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You seem to only be willing to entertain connections when they support your agenda.

Ring any bells? Shoe on other foot.

edit on 11-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The guy was an anti government nutcase. Besides, wasn't the TEA Party supposed to be made up of people from all political backgrounds who were sick of the government? So it's entirely possible that while this guy's political affiliation did lean left, he was a TEA Party supporter.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't believe anybody should be blamed for what this young troubled one man did, but he himself. However, I do believe that BOTH SIDES, of the political landscape should conduct themselves civilly, quit calling for violence, even in an figurative manner and start acting like people worthy to lead this country and not like guests on Jerry Springer. As for owing apologies, what about us? Who is going to apologize to the conspiracy theorists, and those who believe in the 9/11 truth movement? I doubt you'll see media articles calling for that.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I love how a democrat already has legislation ready to introduce that will make it illegal to use any threatening or violent speech against a public servant.

Can I still say ATTACK the first ammendment? Is that ok?

I know one thing, liberals suck at strategy. That's going to backfire...oh gosh that is gonna backfire.

nicedeb.files.wordpress.com... They're already looking like hypocrites.

I'm getting ashamed to be associated with them.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I love how a democrat already has legislation ready to introduce that will make it illegal to use any threatening or violent speech against a public servant.

Can I still say ATTACK the first ammendment? Is that ok?

No attack on the first amendment there. There are already restrictions on the threatening things you are free to say. I cannot believe anyone would even complain they might lose the right to threaten someone in political discourse. I find it really sad that instead of use words that fit and intelligent well thought out things to say, you are just worried about losing the right to threaten someone?

I know one thing, liberals suck at strategy. That's going to backfire...oh gosh that is gonna backfire.

nicedeb.files.wordpress.com... They're already looking like hypocrites.

I'm getting ashamed to be associated with them.

What is your source for that map? I call hoax.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Yep- there's already laws against incitement because they are needed - even if everyone ignored them when they called for Assange's murder.
But this law goes further. I want to know who is going to decide what is threatening.

Source?
www.dlc.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by Sinnthia

Yep- there's already laws against incitement because they are needed - even if everyone ignored them when they called for Assange's murder.

You mean all those people from the right calling for his assassination? Just want to be clear we are talking about the same thing.

But this law goes further. I want to know who is going to decide what is threatening.

How much further does it go?

Source?
www.dlc.org...

Thanks so much. So the blowup pic that is being passed around with this map is the hoax part? Good to be clear on that. I have to wonder if anyone noticed the big difference between a bullseye on a state and crosshairs on a specific person and her district? Maybe thats just a minor detail and all but...I guess the claim is Democrats were threatening to kill entire states then?
edit on 11-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I will admit Sarah Palin was not the direct cause of this attempted assassination but, I will never admit she is owed an apology.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This blatent strategy to minimise the political damage on Palin is crass and lacking in judgement in my view.

You can just imagine her advisors sitting around a table discussing the best way to tackle the 'bad publicity' issue.
"Lets promote Palin as a victim of political spin and allow her to take the moral high ground by suggesting that she is a real victim in all this".

So never mind that 6 innocent people have been shot - Palin is spun as the victim too. It truely is all about her...

She is not alone as all sides seem to use any opportunity, however inappropriate, to push their agenda.

When will enough intelligent people collectively stand up and say 'enough is enough - We dont want his kind of leadership and mass media'?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh, personally, I can't STAND Sara Palin and have been aghast at how the right - esp the right - has openly called for Assange's assasination.

But Sara Palin didn't kill anyone. It doesn't seem fair to associate her with that.

It seems really kneejerk and I don't like kneejerk opportunistic politics anymore than I do violent rhetoric.

I would like politicians and leaders/judges, ect., that THINK with strong intellects, and are rational and care about reason.

I don't for a second think Palin is even capable of that. But I don't think this was her fault in any way and it is not fair that the finger pointing went on.

I think in the end the kneejerk stuff is going to hurt the democrats. I just want to see some better strategy. There's more important things at stake - what about all the 9 year olds killed in these wars that haven't been stopped? Where's the healthcare progress? How many kids are starving? Why did the US push Monsanto at the expense of starving a quarter million people in Europe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join