It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

feeling pain in dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
is it normal to feel what is going on in a dream like pain???

sometimes i feel the pain (in the dream) that would normaly be felt if it really occured...

is this normal???

thanks...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
No, it isnt possible to feel pain in dreams, as far as I know.

But since you can do 'anything' in dreams, I would guess its possible for your brain to convince your body, that you are feeling pain, even though no synapses are active. So you could say that this is normal pain, but then again...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I felt a pain in a dream once.i woke up on the floor guess thats were the pain came from.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yep i have felt pain in a dream,

I had a dream i was swimming and a shark got hold of my leg,
i swear i felt the pain of this thing biting me, i even knew i was asleep and tryed to wake my self up,

Im not sure maybe i had cramp in my leg while sleeping who knows?

Strange though,

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A dream is like a movie in your subcoinceince. When you hit your arm it's not the arm that makes it hurt...it's the brain. Nerve cells transmit the information to your brain, then the brain gives a response. When you see a dream the brain might think it is actually going on so you feel the pain. (i think).

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
A dream is like a movie in your subcoinceince. When you hit your arm it's not the arm that makes it hurt...it's the brain. Nerve cells transmit the information to your brain, then the brain gives a response. When you see a dream the brain might think it is actually going on so you feel the pain. (i think).

That's pretty much true...it's not the arm that makes it hurt when it's hit, it's the brain just giving it's natural response. In dreams, you feel what you think is the natural response.

All my experience with lucid dreaming has led me to beleive you can feel anything in dreams...

If say you have a lucid dream where your having sex with someone, all the feelings come along with it as your doing it. Why should it be any different with pain? Whatever you want to allow, will happen.

So yes, you can feel pain in dreams, but it doesn't really go past that, since it's just in the dream.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by anjeeeee]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
happens to me all the time, but ya its because you're aware that its SUPPOSED to hurt.

Ive felt being bitten by a dog, im always dreaming of being shot with numerous bullets from an automatic hitting me as i feel the sting of each one. Ive been stabbed and felt it. Of course the pain is never nearly as intense as it would be in real life. Im often having violent dreams and the worst are when i try to defend myself but my fist gets slowed down or i cant pull the trigger, i hate that...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just as in 'the matrix'; your body is convinced of doing something or feeling something adn the brain will tell your body to feel it. It's like this guy who was hypnotized to think that the stick that he was holding was red hot. He experienced the effects of burns on his hand were he was holding the stick...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
when i feel a life ending pain (like a gun being shot in your heart) i always wake up...

maybe when you die in your dreams, you wake up right away...

maybe there is no heaven or hell in dreams...

i also heard of that guy earthtone...

dreams are in a person's mind and the mind controls everything so this makes scence to me...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have never felt pain in dreams the only thing I have experienced in dreams is fear and pleasure never pain when ever I die or something happens to me in dreams I don't feel pain but my hart rate goes up so does my blood pressure also if you have never been shot and you have a dream where you get shot how can you feel the pain if your brain doesn't even know what it feels like.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I have never felt pain in dreams the only thing I have experienced in dreams is fear and pleasure never pain when ever I die or something happens to me in dreams I don't feel pain but my hart rate goes up so does my blood pressure also if you have never been shot and you have a dream where you get shot how can you feel the pain if your brain doesn't even know what it feels like.

good questiong ( from what i can read because your spelling and english skills are horrible
)...

i mean i feel pain (something) if i got shot in my dreams...

i dont know what it feels like, but i feel something...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yep intensity should be the key word, when someone hits me in a dream i feel it, but its more like a dull thud, not like a real punch. Ive only felt really intense pain twice in my dreams, in fact so intense it woke me up, when i awoke i discovered id slammed my hand into the beside table, or my head on the headboard lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was stabbed in the chest in a dream.

It hurt like hell.

No idea if it's normal, but it's happened to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i've been shot in the forehead in a dream. could feel the bullet's heat in my skull. i didn't wake up until the heat eventually became a headache. woke up and the pain went away after a few minutes.
daved

new topics

top topics

join