It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by hadriana

The personality in itself doesnt split. The conscious mind becomes unable to distinguish logically between outer asymetrical happenings (that is, Jeff is the son of Bill. Bill is the father of Jeff. In the unconscious, which is intrinsically irrational, bill is thought of as son of jeff and vice versa; hence a 'symmetry' is made between jeff and bill) and symmetrical unconscious bubblings.

This explanation would account for a number of logical errors in his videos -- especially the "Pima Community College" video.

A perfect example of this false symmetry occurs at 1:52 in this video.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sarah Palin (spoofed) "On The Tragedy in Arizona"

Sarah Palin (not)
My sincere condolences are offered to the family of one of our SarahPAC's targeted House Democrats Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of Obamacare in the USA.

On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peaceful early retirements of House and Senate Democrats and of any Republicans who won't toe our Tea Party line.

Dump Sarah Palin Yahoo Group
edit on 8-1-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckstarling
Out of curiosity, what leads you to assume Communism?

Many groups, both governmental and non-governmental, have agendas and tools to articulate those agendas.

You have to make the distinction between the recruitment method and the objective of the people doing the recruiting.

Communism is a proven recruiting method. It is based upon self delusion/brainwashing. The person who created it, based it upon those methods. Bragged about the fact that if you give him X number of people for a week he could plant a seed that could never be killed. A self perpetuating brainwashing. You brainwash people to brainwash other people to brainwash other people.

So, now that you got a proven recruiting method. You can use it to recruit subjects. Gain the loyalty of those subject to the point that that you can give orders to, to achieve your objectives. Your objectives do not have to be the perpetuation of communism. It can be any objective at all. You just use communism as an enabler to allow you to make people follow out your orders.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Peter Dow

That's utterly pathetic. Take the cheap political garbage somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
CNN 5:10 pm PST Sheriff in Tucson, says that the shooter did not act alone (FBI concurs) and came to the scene with another person. Also said two people tackled the shooter during the event or at some point during the crime. He says now there are 19 victims, not 18 still 6 deceased. Said the shooter had a troubled past.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

you'd have to be pretty damn retarded to fire into a crowd an hit anything less than 10 people.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ckstarling

Yea i noticed that.

Throughout his ramblings you see indications of it. Where he makes one point and reiterates the same point again later on but the line of reasoning which led to it is entirely symmetrical and thus illogical. To him however, it appears completely logical because hes thinking with the "logic" of the symmetrical, illogical unconscious.

I actually find it quite disturbing. It is the apex of confusion and when you fall in that deep it isnt very easy to climb your way back out.

I have no doubt that he was very mentally ill. My curiousity is whether he was made this way (trauma based mind control) or if it just happened naturally. Both are equally possible. I just consider the fact of him managing to kill a district judge and seriously injuring a federal congresswoman as 'coincidence'.

I theorized earlier that the 3 name phenomena of famous killers could be allusions to a '3rd party' influence ie; CIA/Military.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
CNN Sheriff Tucson continued 5:16 PM PST Shooter has a criminal background, Pima College student, he is unbalanced, Sheriff says the shooter may have been impressionable. Sheriff believes Arizona has become the Mecca, the Capital for biggoted behavior. Sheriff shows compassion towards shooter as he may have fallen prey to this "vitriol".

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am sure my comment will just get lost in the mix, at this point...but I was watching CNN discuss this tragic incident before I took a nap. Something a doctor being interviewed kind of freaked me out. He was saying this 22 year old shooter has developed some mental disorder. He was basing it on the shooter's outlandish beliefs, like our money is not worth anything and mentioned hilter's book as well.

Even though we don't all prescribe to communism here, it seems that they were kind of profiling him as a conspiracy theorist nutjob. This worried me due to my own beliefs that differ from many blind Americans. Is this the first step at making conspiracy theorists look dangerous?! That was my thought.

U2U me with any thoughts, because this thread is way too jam packed for me to find any thoughts on what I saidc.

Hope the Rep. Giffords makes it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
CNN Sheriff Tucson 5:17 PM PST Sheriff continues is tirade on Arizona and modern United States..."and one day we will not have excellent leaders because just these crimes." Then he admits they do not respond to all threats since there are so many to all public leaders. Sheriff said earlier he thinks all Americans have to look at themselves and how they raise their children. Sheriff and FBI actively in pursuit of an accomplice to the shooter. Sheriff sure shooter would have shot others had he not been tackled by the two people during the crime.

Sheriff says it was NOT premeditated, not done at her specifically and just ran into to the crowd at random and started shooting.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have to ask - Did ANYONE at the event have a gun? This could have been over before it began. If this has been covered forgive me - this post is moving too fast to keep up.

I mean this is Arizona were talking about here?
edit on 8-1-2011 by WWJFKD because: to emphasize

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Moral relativism certainly exacerbates the occurence of schizophrenia.

I dont understand how any logical person can think differently.

This is how Ignacio Matte Blanco expresses his theory of 'symettry' in regards to schizophrenics. It is a DIRECT parallel to the philosophical doctrine of Moral Relativism.

He makes 4 points

"(1) The central, directly meaningful stimulus is avoided, apparently because it is disturbing; instead the peripheral is endowed with meaning. (2) A casual attitude appears in which only part of the field is accepted as the stimulus. (3) The subject has a fixed idea and resorts to it without regard to the central (and contradictory) stimulus. (4) The peripheral is... selectively attended to, captures attention and is adhered to"

Now lets correlate these 4 points with the theory of moral relativism.

1) The objective reality that some things are good and others bad. To some people, this is an uncomfortable or undesirable state of things. They thus ignore this apparent situation in favor of a 'peripheral', not so apparent view that all things are relative.
2)3)4) One thus casually conducts himself as if the central objective reality of morality doesnt exist.

This directly leads to an inner symmetry - correspondence between things thats indicative of schizophrenia.

Moral relatvists make an equivalence between good and evil. They are made 'symmetrical'. This doesnt sit well with the logical mind which can clearly understand and see distinctions; outcomes and qualities and states which are objectively better, and indeed wiser for the personality to follow. The emotions however are irrational, aswell as symmetrical.

Im not saying all moral relatvists will become schizophrenic; im only saying the archetypal nature of moral relativism contributes to the occurence of schizophrenia. Only in a society which deifies skepticism and the passions could it become such a widespread and endemic issue.
edit on 8-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
edit on 8-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

As reported on most news sites it was noted that the shot(s) to her head were taken at point blank range. Point blank range is hardly a random act of violence. But we all know that. Although, that comment does make me suspicious of the individual who wrote such a quick assumption without any official reports being released yet. Never assume anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
Shooter has a criminal background...he is unbalanced, .

Well, that's certainly interesting on both counts. Does he have a history of mental illness? And exactly what did that 'criminal background' entail?

I guess the real question I'm asking is whether or not he obtained his firearm legally. The background check should have flagged either of those.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
CNN 5:22 PM PST Sheriff Tucson

Picture of young man on the TV screen?, but Sheriff will not give his name (bizarre). ATS has better picture and knows his name, maybe? The Sheriff will not corroborate the networks now, since another involved. The press is showing frustration with the Sheriff (i.e. they know the gun had a standard magazine, etc.). Five killed at the scene one died at the hospital. No one is talking about the baby. They announced twice today a baby died, then stopped, was 18 victims and then, 19 victims, if the baby died, it would have gone straight to the coroner. Whatever? Cable news can get away with anything! Hopefully, no dead baby.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com.../a/u/0/7uRjwPWaxiY
Here is his you tube channel. I am not sure what to make of it. The guy has no real video on this channel except for his words which who knows maybe some of what he is saying is true.
I wouldn't write this guy off as a whacko. Does he have another you tube channel.
I am not sure if this has already been posted because I did not read all the posts due to there being so many. I really want to know more about why he did this and about him as a person. As a psychology major I always like to know what stress causes someone to be pushed over the edge like this or is there something else going on?
Is someone who is made up for a specfic agenda. Is youtube channel never shows him.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Excellent point! But half my family are NRA and the other half aren't so I'm always playing devil's

advocate on both sides thinking: are we over-armed and there's no going back, or are we

under-armed (because everyone should be?) ; the Feds will have 'ammo' to enforce much

much stricter gun control now, which also raises the question: will the criminals be fine

(outside the law, illegal weapons), and the law abiding folk be severely punished?

Kind of like nuclear weapons - once one country gets them, the cat's out of the bag.

One thing is for sure - if nothing results in a positive fashion out of this, we may be heading for more.
edit on 1/8/2011 by drphilxr because: formatting off

edit on 1/8/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
CNN Sheriff Tucson 5:17 PM PST Sheriff continues is tirade on Arizona and modern United States..."and one day we will not have excellent leaders because just these crimes." Then he admits they do not respond to all threats since there are so many to all public leaders. Sheriff said earlier he thinks all Americans have to look at themselves and how they raise their children. Sheriff and FBI actively in pursuit of an accomplice to the shooter. Sheriff sure shooter would have shot others had he not been tackled by the two people during the crime.

Sheriff says it was NOT premeditated, not done at her specifically and just ran into to the crowd at random and started shooting.

That is not true the Sheriff said she was the target, it happened outside in a parking lot. Where do you get this stuff?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Besides mentioning the fact that a second man around 50yrs old was being sought in connection with the shooter, the sheriff also told a news conference that a suspect package at Ms Giffords headquarters was being dealt with as he spoke.

Woody
edit on 8-1-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join