It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission Accomplished? Gulf Oil Spill Still Fouling Louisiana Marshes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Gulf Oil Spill Still Fouling Louisiana Marshes

Federal and Louisiana officials got into a heated argument Friday over the cleanup of oiled marshes during a tour of an area that remains fouled 8 1/2 months after the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.

State and Plaquemines Parish officials took media on a boat tour of Barataria Bay, pointing out an area where oil continues to eat away at marshes and protective boom is either absent or has been gobbled up by the oil. The heavily saturated area that reporters saw was 30 feet to 100 feet wide in sections. No cleanup workers were there when reporters toured the area.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yeah, i believe that all other avenues were overlooked.
check this out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
A possible alternative to Corexit? I believe so.

It was a deliberate attempt to depopulate the area thats why they went ahead with corexit and not the other.
edit on 8-1-2011 by jazz10 because: add

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Corexit Allows Oil To Penetrate Into The Cells & Every Organ System In The Body

COREXIT

Corexit was used during the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill disaster in Alaska. In 2010, Corexit EC9500A and Corexit EC9527A are being used in unprecedentedly large quantities in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.[5][6] The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) had pre-approved both forms of Corexit for uses in emergencies such as the Gulf oil spill.[7]

On May 19, 2010 the EPA gave BP 24 hours to choose less toxic alternatives to Corexit, selected from the list of EPA-approved dispersants on the National Contingency Plan Product Schedule, and begin applying them within 72 hours of EPA approval of their choices, but BP refused to change from Corexit, citing safety and availability concerns with alternatives. Sea Brat 4, the only effective alternative that is available in quantities large enough for the spill and is less toxic, was rejected by BP because of the risk that components would break down into nonylphenol, which persists in the environment and is toxic to marine life.

BP had used Corexit EC9500A and Corexit EC9527A by late May, applying 800,000 US gallons (3,000,000 l) total, but more accurate estimates run as high as 1,000,000 US gallons (3,800,000 l) underwater. By late April 2010, Nalco, the maker of Corexit, says that it has been deploying only Corexit 9500.

Corexit 9527: The proprietary composition is not public, but the manufacturer's own safety data sheet on Corexit EC9527A says the main components are 2-butoxyethanol and a proprietary organic sulfonate with a small concentration of propylene glycol.

Corexit 9500: In response to public pressure, the EPA and Nalco released the list of the six ingredients in Corexit 9500, revealing constituents including sorbitan, butanedioic acid, and petroleum distillates. Corexit EC9500A is mainly comprised of hydrotreated light petroleum distillates, propylene glycol and a proprietary organic sulfonate. Environmentalists also pressured Nalco to reveal to the public what concentrations of each chemical are in the product; Nalco considers that information to be a trade secret, but has shared it with the EPA. Propylene glycol is a chemical commonly used as a solvent or moisturizer in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, and is of relatively low toxicity. An organic sulfonate (or organic sulfonic acid salt) is a synthetic chemical detergent, that acts as a surfactant to emulsify oil and allow its dispersion into water. The identity of the sulfonate used in both forms of Corexit was disclosed to the EPA in June 2010, as dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reguarding the 'biggest cover-up in US history' line.... i am sure this places somewhere in that life, but i don't quite think it's the worse thing the US gov has ever done.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There are a lot of sides and opinions to this oil spill, here is a link to a lot of stories that the mainstream media did not cover www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Examiner: Shocking human poison levels in latest Gulf tests

While Dr. Soto and Wilma Subra of Subra Company are finding shocking levels of poisons in each individual they test, Gregg Hall, who tested with VOC levels "off the chart" and lost feeling in his feet, recovered those feelings only one month after leaving the Gulf Coast. As long as the masses continue to breathe the gulf air, drink the water and eat the food there, their health will continue to deteriorate.

Dr. Soto's and Mr. Jeff Rense's statements made during the Rense Radio Network interview that became the most popular and life-saving radio program about the Gulf operation, were reiterated in an Al Jazeera report on January 5: "It's criminal for the government to tell people to eat the contaminated seafood, and that it's alright for people go to our toxic beaches and swim in the contaminated water.

COREXIT - Shocking Human POISON levels in LATEST gulf tests

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I have been guided for many months now to help with the people of the gulf. They really need our help with their health and everyday mental capacity. They seemingly had already agreed to stay in this area but now that reality will begin to be more challenged. I hear their cries and prayers as a product of oneness. All that is left seemingly is to comfort and send compassion and hope for a miracle. Let us all make space for a miracle as well as send prayer to these innocent and brave beings.

What I can see is groups of healers up out of their bodies hovering over the area connected with great love. They are shining down beautiful radiant compassion now with their hands with their hearts to all. Touching the hearts and souls of each being in the area: Human, animal, plant, oceanic. I see the pain and suffering being released and transmuted. I see the karmas being lifted. I see deep restorative peace being given to the minds that have been on overwhelm and fear. They are held in the arms of the Mother energy and are so comforted everytime that they feel anything that is scary.

I sing my heartsong now with tears overflowing that their suffering stop and they be filled with bliss now matter how it all continues. That in this moment of time a divine wave of compassion of the likes that have never been felt before be generated and sent to each and every fiber of existence in this region. I see a doorway in the sky opening with a rainbow offering a way for these souls to cross if they so choose at the time of their own choosing. I now send rainbow light of peace into their hearts if they so choose to accept at a higher self level.

There is mercy and compassion now very thick in the prana that is surrounding the atmosphere of this region. Each breath that is drawn in now will be sanctified with the knowledge that many hearts are holding them in great bliss. That they are not alone. That as we are beings of oneness. we hear them and respond to their cries with our hearts open and flowing. I see many souls lighting up with joy after feeling they were witnessed by great beings who in turn provide relief from suffering. The miracle is that those great beings are you!!!

Namaste In Gratitude and Love, k

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I wonder how far the oil can spread via the deep underwater currents.

top topics

join