It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ringing at Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Anybody else often have a ringing noise in their ears at night? Everytime I go to sleep and the TV is off I keep on hearing a light ringing noise in my ear, a constant ring, not very loud, but loud enough that you can hear it. Anybody else have this?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ringing in the ears is called tinnitus. I have always had ringing in my ears, even as a kid. Growing up, I was never able to ride my bike with no hands on the handle bars due to balance issues. I later learned that tinnitus can affect balance. I have also read that some people believe that ringing in the ears is an indication that you were abducted by aliens. Here is a link to a thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tinnitus info:
www.bixby.org...

Tinnitus can be described as "ringing" ears and other head noises that are perceived in the absence of any external noise source.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sounds like tinnitus. Have you been around any very loud noises like a club. A guy I new had a real bad case of it. He had just plugged in a very large speaker when his mate thought it would be funny to turn the volume all the way up and give him a scare with the feed back. The sound definitely made him jump but also gave him tinnitus for the rest of his life.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by kode]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Whoa! So there's an actual name for it? I get it all the time, don't think I was abducted by aliens though (although I do have a weird cut in my ear all the time...
). I guess I should have listened when my mother told me to turn the music down.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
My mom has that. Except for her it isn't just at night, it's all day long too. She has TVs playing in each room in the house so that drowns out the ringing.

I don't have 'T', but I do hear music playing at night sometimes. My friend gets it too. It's VERY distant.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well I never really go around any loud objects and I've had it all my life. I often feel real dizzy at times and my head real heavy as the ringing gets loud, and my face feels funny as if I just got numbing shots from the dentists. It usually goes away after a minute or so though

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yes its always annoying but thats because my son shouts in my ears all the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
But not that often, only on isolated occassions. I tend to hear music playing in my head though... very faintly. Sometimes I can swear that I can almost name the tune. I wonder what causes that!?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This doesn�t really sound paranormal wolfofwar. Just a thought though, what you are describing sounds like high blood pressure. Stress.

Alternately scanners. Your heads about to explode. Only joking. Go see your doctor.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I also occassionally get that (didn't know there was a name for it either). Usually when it's silent, such as when I'm, going to bed. Sometimes it's very quiet, sometimes it seems very loud.

I never thought I was abducted by aliens, though. I just have screwed up ears

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
But not that often, only on isolated occassions. I tend to hear music playing in my head though... very faintly. Sometimes I can swear that I can almost name the tune. I wonder what causes that!?

Yeah that happened to me when I was younger.

It's just your brain replaying the music such that you can hear it. It's almost like having "photographic memory", except it's "phonographic memory" hahaha

No but seriously... I used to have it but it went away.

I get slight ringing in either of my ears every now and then. I have no idea why, it's strange.

The constant low-level high-pitched noise that everyone has is the sound of silence: nothing. You can never actually hear "nothing" so you hear a constant high-pitched noise, but very very very faintly.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
so noone thinks its HAARP at work disrupting the waves of the mind?

I figured better from the board ; ) more conspiracal

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I also had it for a while and my doc says its coused by high
blood pressure....
gotta relax more i think.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DownValley
Ringing in the ears is called tinnitus. I have always had ringing in my ears, even as a kid. Growing up, I was never able to ride my bike with no hands on the handle bars due to balance issues. I later learned that tinnitus can affect balance. I have also read that some people believe that ringing in the ears is an indication that you were abducted by aliens. Here is a link to a thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tinnitus info:
www.bixby.org...

Tinnitus can be described as "ringing" ears and other head noises that are perceived in the absence of any external noise source.

They affect balance because one's sense of balance & orientation is managed by an organ located in the ear. I can't recall the name of the organ but if you're interested it would probably be easy to just google "Balance and Orientation."

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It just might be something electronic. We used to have this old computer that i kept in my room, anyway, id never turn off the monitor and at night i would hear a light ringing, now i thought it was just me. One day we had a guy come over to give us a memory upgrade on it, anyway, before he left he turned the monitor off and that night i didnt hear anything it finally hit me that it was the light humming of the electronic monitor. And something that is related, my sister used to complain about hearing 'music' at night. Turns out her tv (an emerson) even off, would still receive audio signals, and very very quietly play them. I discovered this playing a video game on her tv(mortal kombat) and i turned the tv off while still playing and i could still bearly hear the music. thats my explanation, hope it helps. peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wolf - I hear it ALL THE TIME! And it isn't "in my ears" as those claiming it is some inner ear disturbance or hearing damage might claim - it is "out there". In fact, we have discussed this in other threads - and I contend that I have the best hearing of anyone I know. I have great hearing (wish I could say the same for my eyes). However, I'm not even sure this noise is in my house - it may be very far away - let alone in my head. But I hear it just about every single night. It is is a very high pitched - almost hum. Very different from what you might hear with hearing damage or ear infection (I have had ear infections once or twice). In fact, it was driving me nuts last night!

However, having dealt with this for many years and tried diligently to discover the source I have come to my own conclusion - it is either:

1. Ultra sensative hearing that can actually hear electricity (which never stops when you live in a city as I do), or

2. HAARP or some similar ELF technology - in which case we have a serious problem.

Likewise, (now you'll think I'm nuts) I have this weird electricl issue - I tend to destroy magentic strips on cards (i.e. credit cards and hotel keys) and have weired effects on things like remote controls and even my computer. My IT guy says I'm cursed.

Anyway - I'm leaning toward some electrical sensitivity.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
P.S. - WolfWar - love your avatar. Wolves are awesome animals.

new topics

top topics

join