It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Cures Cancer with Apricot Seeds - FDA Arrests Man for Big Pharma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If you are going to develop a cure for anything that is available to everyone, it must go through various clinical trials and succeed at every stage before it can get prescribed. If this was not in place, people would be dying from flu tablets etc. I have seen data edited to suit agenda's as I used to work in the labs myself, hence why I no longer do this.

When it comes to cancer, I find it very hard to believe that apricot seeds can cure cancer, it sounds very like the Laetrile stories which you can read here...

Laetrile's Origin

Several versions of Laetrile's development have been published. In a 1962 book, Krebs, Sr., said that he had theorized that "cancer proteins" could be broken down by an enzyme he had prepared when he was a pharmacy student. When the substance proved too toxic in animal experiments, he boiled it and obtained better results. However, according to Michael Culbert, another prominent Laetrile promoter, Krebs ran a lucrative business analyzing smuggled whiskey for wood alcohol and developed Laetrile while working on a bourbon flavoring extract. During experiments with a mold growing on the barrels in which the whiskey was aged, he isolated an enzyme that he thought might have anti-tumor activity. When his supply of barrel mold was exhausted, he switched to apricot pits and used extracts (which he called Sarcarcinase) for various tests on animals and humans during the next two decades. In 1949, Krebs, Jr., modified his father's extraction process and named the result Laetrile.

www.quackwatch.org...

(The link is a massive read but really good for anyone thats interested in where the whole apricot idea comes from)

Cancer is caused by mutation of cells during reproduction, ie, replacement of internal tissue. In my own opinion, because RNA is essential to the cells reproduction, this is the area that people need to be paying attention too. The problem with cancer treatments is that they need to be extremely selective in targeting cancer but because cancer itself is so similar to healthy tissue, this is why clinical trial stages are so hard to pass. In most cases the body is damaged as the cancer itself, which you can even see if you look at anyone who gets radiation therapy etc.

Im a bit on the fence as I do not fully agree with anything that has the words "Food" and "Drug" in its title, I think the two should be seperate but on the other hand, next time you open a cough bottle or a tiny paracetmol tablet, read the possible side effects etc. You will find that although the processes appear to be very strict on the surface, the amount of risk actually allowed is quite high compared to the population that takes the treatments.

Anyways just my opinion.

edit on 8-1-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Almost all medicine can kill you if the dosage is right. If I ever get Cancer then I will probably consider Apricot Seeds.

Well, segador you are obviously another one of those "snake oil salesmen" trying to rip off poor Big Pharma of their precious profit. How cruel of you.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
so wait a minute. Forget the rest, this means cancer has a cure that anyone can get easily. Thats a big deal.

well on the subject of his arrest competition is a sin to the elite of course they squashed him.

It doesn't change the fact that we now have the knowledge of what naturally cures cancer which will deprive them of billions of dollars of cancer treatments. This is a huge win for the people. 3 cheers.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by petar258
reply to post by GlennCanady

In my country is normal to eat apricot seeds after eating apricot. They are tasty, like almond. And noone died from this, and noone is jailed.
You americans are realy funny in some of your actings.

Thanks for mentioning that. Perhaps those small doses like that help to keep the doctor away. I agree that they are tasty and I doubt eating some from time to time would cause most people any harm.

I recall as a kid of about 10 years-old spending a week with my cousins I had a whole, tough apricot pit I sucked on for about three days until it finally was soft and thin enough I got to the "nut" inside. I recall it was tasty and from time to time in my life I have had an urge to eat a few "bitter almonds" as they are often called, just three or four that I would get to with a hammer. Sometimes the body just craves something unusual for some odd reason.

It was many years later when I had a taste for some bitter almonds a scientific type at my work told me they possessed the active ingredient in laetrile, the cancer treatment banned in many parts of the world. I would urge anyone to search it online ar at least look at Wikipedia for some info.

Bitter almonds or laetrile may not cure cancer 100% of the time and may cause false hopes for some, but on the other hand it may be the right tonic for some. Its problem is that it is cheap and easily found in nature, and for those reasons it doesn't put a dollar in the big, deep pockets of Big Medicine. Ultimately it is all a racket to take your money. It is kind of like saying poor people cannot pay for the privilege to live and anyone affluent enough gets to pay for that privilege with no guarantee of anything but deflating their wallets.

Medicines, pharmaceuticles, supplements, drugs, recreational drugs, etc., they are all intertwined and highly controlled. Basically you are not allowed to decide what goes into your body, and what little control over that decision is quickly eroding as witnessed in some parts of the world with vitamins and food supplements. I truly believe it will be a peoples' revolt over these substances that will lead up to a New World Order either by the people overthrowing the old order or the corporate and controlling powers taking absolute and tyrannical power over every las right the people yet possess. It will be like in the Herbert novel Dune where these is a war over the spice that extends life and gives prescient awarness. It may come down to fighting for your freedom to live.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

en.wikipedia.org...

Amygdalin (from Greek: ἀμυγδάλη amygdálē “almond”), C20H27NO11, is a glycoside initially isolated from the seeds of the tree Prunus dulcis, also known as bitter almonds, by Pierre-Jean Robiquet[1] and A. F. Boutron-Charlard in 1830, and subsequently investigated by Liebig and Wöhler in 1830, and others. Several other related species in the genus of Prunus, including apricot (Prunus armeniaca) and black cherry (Prunus serotina),[2] also contain amygdalin.

Since the early 1950s it has been promoted in a modified form with the trade-name laetrile as a cancer cure by Ernst T. Krebs and also called "Vitamin B17", but studies have found it to be ineffective.[3][4][5] It is also not a vitamin, and can cause cyanide poisoning.[6] The promotion of laetrile to treat cancer has been described in the scientific literature as a canonical example of quackery,[7][8][9] with Irving Lerner of the University of Minnesota describing it as "the slickest, most sophisticated, and certainly the most remunerative cancer quack promotion in medical history."[10]

There are differing opinions going around along with much more information and a much larger article at the site I give above. I believe it pays to be as informed as possible and use your best judgement. Not everyone leaves hospitals in a wheelchair.

More from the same article:

Laetrile advocates in the United States include Dean Burk (now deceased), a former chief chemist of the National Cancer Institute cytochemistry laboratory,[33] and national arm wrestling champion Jason Vale, who claimed that his kidney and pancreatic cancers were cured by eating apricot seeds. Vale was convicted in 2003 for, among other things, marketing laetrile.[34] The court also found that Vale, who had made at least $500,000 from his illegal sales of laetrile, had fraudulently marketed the substance.[35]

edit on 8-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is the most misleading headline I have seen in a long while! The man was arrested for making false claims with ZERO scientific evidence to back up his lunatic and dangerous claims. He was also operating without a license, not expensive so don't give me that, and had ZERO legitimate medical training! Dangerous right?

I am so sick and tired on the constant Left Wing Hippie Moon Bats bashing on the FDA and proven medical science and drugs! Hmm, should I do chemotherapy (proven to decrease and treat cancer), or should I ingest an apricot seed and hope for the best because "thousands" (LAUGHABLE in a safety testing environment per the "evil" FDA!)

I suppose in short, in REAL short, I am trying to say to take things at face value! This man was arrested for providing false hope to people struggling and dealing with Cancer. Like Myself....

Stage II Liver, Bladder and Pelvic cancer which all began with Leydig Cell Tumors in my Right Testicle.

Evil Pharma and those evil people that have over 12 years of education in treating the Human Body and it's problems; have been keeping me alive. Heck, while they are at it I could care less that they turn a little profit. I am also just one man. Shall we look at people around the World saved by "Evil Pharma maaaaannnn"? Ethiopia, Somalia, Haiti, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Iraq, and many many more! (Countless more!)

So put down your bongo drums and sky flutes and do a little real research (no, in your garden shed doesn't count), and let the men do the curing!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Great post. I admire the fact that he did research & found a natural way to try & save his life, but on the other hand, I don't like the fact that he took people's money for apricot/peach seeds. He should've known better. The FDA had him locked up because he said that this was a cure for cancer & made money off of it. I wonder if this really works, though. If I am ever unfortunate enough to get cancer, I will try natural cures before doing chemo, because I've seen the side effects first hand

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

You are a prime example of what I mean! Look at PROVEN science. In the 20th Century alone, 12 major diseases that were cured.

- Chicken Pox
- Diphtheria
- Invasive H. Flu
- Malaria
- Measles
- Pertussis
- Pneumococcal Disease
- Polio
- Tetanus
- Typhoid Fever
- Yellow Fever
- Smallpox

...but I'm sure that you could just take some OJ and a few apricot seeds to cure it. Don't let me sway you though! Blast those Evil Pharma Profiteering Monsters!
SOURCE

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by romanmel

You are a prime example of what I mean! Look at PROVEN science. In the 20th Century alone, 12 major diseases that were cured.

- Chicken Pox
- Diphtheria
- Invasive H. Flu
- Malaria
- Measles
- Pertussis
- Pneumococcal Disease
- Polio
- Tetanus
- Typhoid Fever
- Yellow Fever
- Smallpox

...but I'm sure that you could just take some OJ and a few apricot seeds to cure it. Don't let me sway you though! Blast those Evil Pharma Profiteering Monsters!
SOURCE

health.howstuffworks.com...

While chicken pox is still a relatively common occurrence, diseases like malaria and diphtheria seem to have been wiped out ages ago.

I am so sick and tired on the constant Left Wing Hippie Moon Bats bashing on the FDA and proven medical science and drugs! Hmm, should I do chemotherapy (proven to decrease and treat cancer), or should I ingest an apricot seed and hope for the best because "thousands" (LAUGHABLE in a safety testing environment per the "evil" FDA!)

Frankly, while I think it commendable that most of these diseases have been reduced, I don't consider a reduction be considered as "cured". I am not sure what that above site referrence is saying by "seems to have been wiped out..." as I think people still do get these diseases from time to time. Not sure though, but "seems to" just doesn't sound quite scientific.

A number of people have had varying experiences with the medical profession, good and bad. I am a bit exhausted by the goose-stepping, Right Wing dictators promoting their "Might is Right", Do-as-I-say, live you life like we tell you to types deciding what is right for me. In all cases I would recommend becoming as informed as possible and not let a stack of corporate credentials tell you there is one decision (theirs) that fits all.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Or, you just kill yourself worse and you live, with more injury done than the cancer could. Cyanide Kills. It;s as simple as that. Not only that, but it kills in extremely low doses. Like, very low. A table spoon of sugar helps the medicine go down. A tablespoon of cyanide kills you.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

You only picked out pieces of that article didn't you?

Those Right Wing Goose Steppers you speak of?
George Washington? Abe Lincoln? Thomas Paine? Thomas Jefferson?

Sorry, I'm confused if it was any of those Right Winged Goose Steppers?

Perhaps since are throwing in Goose Steppers... Hitler ring a bell? Let Winged Goosesteping with the NAZIS! Yippie!

The article, and many other ones go on to debunk your snake oil, pipe dreaming, moon bat, and dangerous methods!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Do you even know what homeopathic means? Laetrile was not sold as a "homeopathic" remedy

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
An Australian friend of mine had cancer, did the research, found the seeds, and from the basis of the claims made and various "case studies", refused conventional treatment in favour of the seeds and vitamins.

He sadly died and is greatly missed.

Do not believe those crooks and snake oil salesmen!

They deserve hellfire for what they do!

If you find yourself to have cancer then do not refuse conventional treatment.

You can mix the treatments together if that makes your mind rest easier. The mind is where the real battle is fought anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

You only picked out pieces of that article didn't you?

Those Right Wing Goose Steppers you speak of?
George Washington? Abe Lincoln? Thomas Paine? Thomas Jefferson?

Sorry, I'm confused if it was any of those Right Winged Goose Steppers?

Perhaps since are throwing in Goose Steppers... Hitler ring a bell? Let Winged Goosesteping with the NAZIS! Yippie!

The article, and many other ones go on to debunk your snake oil, pipe dreaming, moon bat, and dangerous methods!

Good. Let's read them all to get the best ideas. I included the downside claims of laetrile/bitter almonds with the good in earlier posts. The better informed we are the better off we'll be.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Interesting. I need to research this to see if it really works or if it is just snake oil. Good find, S&F.

Snake oil or not who's declaring ownership of my body is of more concern to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Interesting. I need to research this to see if it really works or if it is just snake oil. Good find, S&F.

Snake oil or not who's declaring ownership of my body is of more concern to me.

That's really the point, isn't it? Star for you, wish I could give you more.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Dude better have a darn good lawyer as find the law that makes curing a disease a criminal act. Since none exists dude will be let go.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by umokay
OK, if this guy was so great, why did he have to spam everyone to sell this?. Why not just tell them what to do? In my mind, he IS pharma, if you don't don't pay, you don't live

Yeah, sure...and you can't just walk down to your local health food shop and cheaply buy your own seeds and vitamins can you...

Was he was withholding the information until you paid..Nope.

The fact that he's told everyone and their dog how to CURE themselves speaks for itself, he was not saying he was the only source of the cure, or that you have to buy his product or else die a miserable and painful death.

No, mate he is *not* at all like the tosspot FDA or their paymasters

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

www.heilkunst.com...
Please take your spam somewhere else. The statistics disagree with you, we do not need modern medicine to "cure" diseases. In all cases that I have seen statistics for, infectious diseases were on the decline well before "mass" vaccinations took place for said disease. Then after introduction of vaccinations, the disease rate experiences a big spike before settling down and declining at the same rate as before vaccinations began.
I used the term mass in quotations above because in reality, a small portion of the population recieved vaccinations for the infectious diseases that were supposedly cured or brought under control by the vaccines.
It's more likely the human body is mutating the viruses to a point where they can no longer infect the human body or become contagious, then after the unweakened forms of the viruses are injected via vaccines, the population experiences spikes in infection rates due to the vaccine itself.
IMHO.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I'd like to see your evidence that b17 becomes cyanide in the presence of normal healthy cells. I'd like to see somebody that has been verifiably poisoned from bitter almonds, appricot seeds, apple seeds etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join