It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

The sad selfish lonely little man is actually a little women.
She has back tracked to try to regain some dignity but the
opening post put the nail in the coffin,maybe she will have
at least read the post's and will re-evaluate her stance.

After all eventually the hunter becomes the hunted.always.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The OP is not a selfish, sad little man. The OP is a generous woman with a realistic view. Hypothetically, how many people can live of five acres of farmland? Done with the very best practices it can produce enough to feed 40 people for a year. Now, if 100 refugees move onto the farmland there will be 140 people who starve. The OP could show people how to take the adjacent five acres to feed 40 more but not if someone in the first 100 crew come in saying "we all own this land" and destroy it and kill the farmer in the process.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

I haven't back tracked. Go read posts I've made on other threads dealing with this issue. I have always maintained the same exact stance.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
I dont give a # what you think you own jim bob thinks he owns the mountains now? What kind of bull# is this? We aint gon take yer kind round here cuz you aint one of us? Atleast we know the best of humanity will be safe right? shove it redneck.

This is the kind of ingrate who will be taken out by someone, probably within the 1st day of SHTF. He will never see the city limit sign. This is the problem with the world and will probably cause the sh*t to hit the fan. To damn many people think they are owed something and don't want to do sh*t to get it. Half are even to lazy to go get it, they want it brought to them. They have no chance at surviving and won't. They will try and take, and will pay the price for their ignorance.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
OH, If your planning on going to higher country? You should have some kind of identification,or proof you have somewhere to stay. I know for a FACT if you can't prove you have one or 2 or those,SOME roads in the Mnts of California will not be open to you. Yes,there will be roadblocks.
en.wikipedia.org...
I'm not a wiki fan,,but you get the point.

If your thinking on driving away from the doo doo.. So is everyone else.
Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
I see a recurring theme over and over here on ATS, and that's the number of people who will "head to the hills". I can tell you that if that is your plan you best be getting your destination location pinpointed and arranging for rent or purchase and shelter now. If the SHTF many of us already in the country/hills/boonies will not take kindly to a bunch of city folk pouring in and squatting on our farmlands, in our woods, and on our mountains acting as if they have the right to be there..

Excuse me?? "YOUR mountains?" "YOUR woods?" When the sh hits the fan, if we come out to the "rural" areas which you appear to own all of, and receive any flack from local people WE WILL USE DEADLY FORCE TOO.. You see you won't be the only ass with a gun so being polite will go much farther then being an asshole because any assholes when law breaks down will certainly be shot. Acting like you own the wilderness.. Id shoot you like a wild pig..

Now is the time to find that wilderness location and secure it for yourself. Don't think that those of us already in the rural locations will welcome you with open arms.

If you don't you will just get shot yourself..

Its nearly as dangerous for bug outers in the wilds as it will be in the cities, except in the wilds you'll be faced with folk who know how to live there, know the area well, and will in most cases use deadly force to protect it.

You mean you are suicidal? I can see that.

Hey Rambo, what will you do when you kill the farmer who planted and maintained the crop you killed him/her for? You obviously don't know how to do it or you wouldn't have put yourself in this situation right? You who have no useful skills in a broken down society had better get your sticks and white flags ready now if your thinking you will take everything you need by force. I was always told, no matter how big and bad you think you are, theres always someone who is bigger and badder than you so watch who you mess with. You be polite and we will be. You come down the hill guns blazing, we snipe you from a tree 600 yards away

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

You won't get the opportunity to point your glock at my head. I'll see you coming a mile away.

Wow. I remember having these kinds of arguments as a young kid growing up in Spokane Washington.

We used to have arguments over whose bike had the most onboard machine guns and missile turrets.

I'd usually win because i'd say i have a sniper rifle and will spot you from a mile away.

Then I grew up and got a job.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

A "bartering site".... It is good to know that the internet will still work when all else has fallen.... The grid ...city water.... sanitation ... but the good ole internet will be a place of commerce ..... good to know.... log in to www.reality check.urdreaming.com

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Farmland in a far away state has been in the family for over 200 years. It is rented out to be farmed annually, and kept in the family by the oldest living member with the idea if something bad happens we can all go back to it. 100 acres. We all have guns and the neighbors know who we are. My grandmother would plant fruit trees and flower bulbs up there when she checked on the property. The only problem is there is no shelter or barns left, they all burnt down from lightening and old age. It's a cold place where the glaicers once were. I think I would rather head for the beach after the diaster is over. Eat shell fish/ fish like the indians did on Horr island 5000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For the fist thirty days I would recommend everyone stays home. If you travel you will not make it to your destination because people will kill you and your families just for your gas.

Has anyone seen Jerico on netflix? It is a series one what happens after some of the major cities get hit with nukes. Remember the fist few episodes are low budget but still great. They go into depth about mass migrations and other things that need to be considered food, water, weapons, and etc.

SeenMyShare, I hope you watch it because my wife also loved it

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If the OP has such a heart for children what about mentally handicapped?

I'll show up act down syndrome/retarded as hell *mams cans i has a cupz o wataz*

DEE DEE DEE

Someone will fool you...

I would have the kid show up to your front door, you let them in, then I would have them shoot your whole family...
In your slumber...

Then have the gang take over....

edit on 8-1-2011 by unionizerone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I would say the OP typically represents what the average person in the country thinks. It is their land, they have paid alot of property taxes on it, and the land was probably handed down over many, many generations. Wars many have been fought in the 1700s, and 1800s over the land. The people in the country don't just have guns they have ALL their lienage's guns. People don't throw away antique guns. They use the guns to protect their houses, their selves, livestock. Most country people hunt deer, bear, mountain lions, squirrel, rabbit, snakes, turkey, etc... In Kentucky, Tennesee, West Virginia, and Virginia people drive around with their guns on display in the back of their truck windows. A terrorist will never go to those states in particular. The people are hard and mean. No one there will put up with any BS going on. I know all this because I have relatives in the country, and I was corporately moved around 14 times all over the USA. If anything city people are more tolerant of one another.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Better bring backup! I invite you to come to my property to "shoot me in the face and take what you will" I do not kill anyone I cannot eat and you sir would end up on the community spit with fresh homemade BBQ sauce....I have been living in a "survivalist mode" for 40 years.As have most of the people from my "community". It is our chosen lifestyle. The people surrounding my encampment will hardly notice a difference when tshtf....other than an overabundance of fresh longpork coming from the cities.

DIRT
edit on 8-1-2011 by strokker because: spellcheck

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I say want something to eat? Go cannibal,lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
ok...you selfish, sad little woman

I live in the country and still don't agree

IF it happens I'll help anyone I can

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by myra017

Thank you for your critical thinking.

Piss Poor Planning on your Part, does not constitute an emergency on mine. This is what these "entitled" people are missing.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

I have 10k rounds of 5.56 nato
~2k rounds of 7.62 nato
And about 1000 rounds of ammo for my pistols.
I also keep about 500 rounds of shotgun shells.
On top of this I have the ability to reload more.

Although I don't want to ever kill anyone, I think it would last long enough. Once the bodies piled up in our hypothetical situation, people would stay clear.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

I agree with you you whole heartedly. One thing though, what if someones plan was to take what you had. I.e They sit back from a distance and watch you prepare and you do the work. When the time comes they know your plan and they off you and get the rewards. Just playing devils advocate.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You are casting aspersions without truly addressing the issue. I have the guts to state what most on here are skirting around and take the heat for it. You are saying what you think people want to hear. Individuals can only do so much and there will ALWAYS be those who will come in and kill you for a slice of bread, or the shoes on your feet or the shanty over your head. Answer this:

What happens when you no longer CAN help anyone? What do you do then?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

seriously I think you have seen way too many movies

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join