It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Perhaps I responded to the wrong post
and if that's the case please accept my apologies.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I learned following things with this thread:

1. Your property is free for anyone to use as they like regardless of your will
2. Village folk and mountain dwelling hillbillies are to blame for when SHTF
3. You are dangerous and should be shot if you defend your property against invaders
4. Ones that are raiding your family's property are actually the good guys who just want you to be good too
5. If ice age comes those in the mountains are first to while but townfolk will be OK
6. In fact, when SHTF town folk will do fine, great even because they have awesome community

Lots of new things I am yet to learn as this thread gets bigger from people who obviously have much experience with sh hitting the fan and know what to expect
... regardless though of how abstract SHTF is itself.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Well Rambo, no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better. A lot of people talk a good game when hiding behind an alias. And who is to say that you won't be one of those needing help?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Just like the Titanic, people waited until the last minute to jump ship, thinking don't worry it's just a scratch and somebody will save us.

But it should be a good feeling knowing that when the Manure hits the Air-Movement Device that at least the Government will be safe and secure.

And just like the President Morgan Freeman said onse:
We always thought the deadline for public knowledge was the publication of next year's budget since we've spent more money than we can account for. That won't happen for two weeks. I don't suppose I could prevail upon you to wait two weeks in the name of national security?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
You won't get the opportunity to point your glock at my head. I'll see you coming a mile away.

What a way to live and you'll need sleep at some point, if the SHTF and people are scrambling they won't care what is pointed at them or how long they have to wait.

I hear this chest beating, defend my property bravado a lot on ATS. I also have farmland, but I don't expect to horde everything for myself. My plan is to share what I have with others that have nothing or are staving, but with that comes the responsibilities to help me out and each other.

In a gun battle there is no winners only degrees or loss and if someone is hungry or PO's enough they will eventually get what they want. Using intellectual skills, compassion, and good delegation will serve people much better when the SHTF.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Well i for one will not be bugging you, I have every intention of staying put in the city, It was were i was brought up and have got my survival hides well recced, Even have a "ghost " list of fellow survivalists who are keen to stay and learn to adjust to urban life if the SHTF, there's plenty for me to be getting on with during the first two weeks to keep me from having to go any where near the country side, If i need to i will establish a bartering site (with my own security) to haggle for the goods i will require, All said and done the country side is nice when your out with the dog and stuff but give me the city anytime mucker,...

Amen to that, i have every intention when SHTF happens to take my survival communtity to a base my friend had found in the city, we will live their and use our surroundings their to live

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

you really are giving off a whiff of "deliverance" there hun,
i kind of see your point but i dont think i would
head your way anyhow.But you be ok cos ya got it worked out....rite?

I still have some humanity left' sounds like you lost yours
when you started this thread.

sounds more like a threat than good advice.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

My plan was to head to the Appalachian mountains in North georgia...most of the trails up there aren't privately owned so i'm pretty sure i'll be okay. plus there are tons of rivers for fresh drinking water, and fishing, and there are occasional wild fruits. I have decent outdoors experience, i went on a 7 day hike in november. brought only one pack of stuff. I could have survived for a month with the amount of food i brought.

Do you think that is a good plan?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura

you really are giving off a whiff of "deliverance" there hun,
i kind of see your point but i dont think i would
head your way anyhow.But you be ok cos ya got it worked out....rite?

I still have some humanity left' sounds like you lost yours
when you started this thread.

sounds more like a threat than good advice.

LOL I think you captured the tone of the OP perfectly.
cuz i was thinking the same thing...i just didn't say it
edit on 7-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, US is not so overpopulated as far as I know - the average density of population is 30 per sq km , or 80-sh per sq mile. Somehow I feel there is enough room for everyone, you are not UK or the Netherlands !

en.wikipedia.org...

If SHTF , most of the agricultural land would be worked by bare hands. Lower population density states would have a lot of unused agricultural land. All you will need is good will to work it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wow, the kindness of your heart to people in time of need is reassuring to say the least.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

you wouldnt even let us pitch a tent?

if i had land i would let you pitch a tent.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I was joking about the first ones to die.. note my "That would be wonderful irony" comment.

I'm pretty sure the people I'm helping would be grateful for my help and would offer
whatever services they posses... if we encountered a shortage of supplies.

This is what separates the humans from the savages. Humans would offer services to help rebuild.
Savages will just take. It doesn't take long to separate the two, either.

Or I could just be naive *shrug*

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The callousness of some of the posts here defies belief. Here in Australia for the people of Queensland the S has HTF. They are experiencing floods of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. And you know what we're doing? We're all banding together to help each other out! That's what people here do! People have been evacuated to higher ground to stay with family and friends and it could be weeks before they find out if their homes and possessions have withstood.

These people can't hunt, fish, farm - NOTHING! Everything has been washed away. It will be months, maybe years before their communities recover. There will be a telethon to raise money Sunday night where those of us who can't physically help out can donate money to help aid their recovery.

That's what good, decent folk do. They lend a hand to those less fortunate than themselves... not shoot them!

And if it was a different disaster scenario like an area in the hills was damaged by extensive earthquakes, then the people in the low lying and coastal regions would likewise help them out.

It's posts like some of these I've seen that make me glad the average joe no longer has access to guns because that kind of reaction (shoot first ask questions later) just doesn't enter into our thinking.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I will continue moving until I see noone, or only dead people. The idea is not to be seen, but good luck with that with Drones, AWACS, and Satellites. Plus crack head informants.

No, the idea is to have enough PHARMACEUTICALS that I can hopefully buy passage or shoot my way through, "The Law of the Land will be to keep your mouth shut, and live and let live."

99% of the time, letting the other guys walk nicely past you without ever knowing youre there is the best course of action. Antibiotics are worth more than GOLD.

Shotgun Shells double as land mines.

Fresh Water is youre best friend, but the guy watching your back while your taking a dump is worth your last drop.

America will be interesting, there are enough registered fire arms to put one in every man woman and childs hands. Unregistered firearms, well.....there wont be any lack of firearms, maybe bullets. I think digging a well concealed hole and living nice and quiet for a long time is maybe the best idea.

Smoke lots of dro and get to know the good Dr. Jack Daniels. Dont step on the bodies littering the streets. Flies will be everywhere get used to them.

Baths will become a thing of jealous luxury.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Do you know what a sitting duck is?

An arrogant sitting duck is in worse shape. Good Luck to you.

God Bless America.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Start building a wall around your land
+ Invest in new ways to improve the productivity of your land

+ Allow a few well-trusted families to reside on your land

= you have a fortress with some "ok" defences that is self-sustaining.

When the SHTF, you will be laughing away.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

My plan was to head to the Appalachian mountains in North georgia...most of the trails up there aren't privately owned so i'm pretty sure i'll be okay. plus there are tons of rivers for fresh drinking water, and fishing, and there are occasional wild fruits. I have decent outdoors experience, i went on a 7 day hike in november. brought only one pack of stuff. I could have survived for a month with the amount of food i brought.

Do you think that is a good plan?

How about the winter months? A camping trip or survival hike is one thing living that way permanently is for the birds.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I got plenty of woods and i aint a Di#k like that. ill share : )

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
By far the most retarded thread. A guy who has inferiority complex trying to act tough with his guns. Pathetic. Nothing else to it. We talk about a world change and finally changing our brains from our current situation and all you say is "you step in my laynd booy and you be deeeayyed". Haven't you learn that NOTHING IS YOURS? Havent you understood by now since you joined this site that we are here for a short period of time and we are guests on earth?
WHO ARE YOU to tell someone that you will shoot him if he comes near your place? Instead of being an internet crusader talkin big words i suggest put your brain to work a bit into the reason why our world is #. ITS BECAUSE OF THINKING LIKE THAT.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join