It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of "flying object" did i just see ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi ATS , long time lurker here but fancied sharing this as i know there are people from my neck of the woods on here and wondered if anyone else saw it.
I just saw a strange object fly over the South of Glasgow (Scotland) at approx 17:45. I was at the back door having a smoke and talking to the wife when it caught my eye. She actually said to me "what have you seen now", as i became distracted from our conversation.
It was a bright white solid light as bright as a star, no blinking lights like a plane. It was flying away from me at a 12o'clock position as i stood on the back step. I pointed it out to the wife and we noticed there was no obvious engine noise. Another definite witness would have been the passenger plane ( complete with blinking lights and engine noise) that came from our 9 o'clock position and crossed it's path behind it no more than 15 seconds later.
The whole episode lasted no more than 30-50 seconds so i had no time to grab my camera and start filming. It wasn't a helicopter with spotlight or a lantern as i have saw many in the last few weeks , and also released several myself. And was IMO too low to be a satellite as it seemed to be in civilian airspace due to the close proximity to the plane that crossed it's path seconds later. Are there any planes that fly silently and display a solitary brilliant white light ?
Anyway in my opinion i've just had my 2nd UFO sighting , feel free to rip my post to shreds all you experts

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't know what you saw, Good luck with your thread on finding an answer.
edit on 6-1-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by robert11s

Sounds like you saw the International Space Station mate .

ISS Thu Jan 06/05:51 PM
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
edit on 6-1-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread , I also live in Glasgow .
I was walking at the hills and got home just before 6pm.
I didnt notice that specific sight , however it was getting dark circa 5 - 5.30 and i kept seeing lights shooting across the darkening sky , almost similar to lights you see when you are not focussing or turn your head round fast. I was however thinking, if its there i am amazed and thanks for letting me see the sights, similar to the prophet that could summon ufo's
www.youtube.com... ,
i thought out loud (towards the sky) , thanks for showing yourself .
Sorry for going on , i dont usually either post on here.
I have seen a sight similar to the one previously described in the thread,
It was silent moving from North to South > And it had no sound and no flashes.
There were over 5 planes and also a helicopter visible at the time.All flashing all with sound.
Strange thing with the silent moving light was that there was what seemed to be a green coloured laser coming from the rear of the craft. Almost a laser exhaust trail.
I can conform 100% it was not a plane with a laser pointer being shone at the rear.
Totally bizzare and i would appreciate any news on this also.
Or if you need further details , let me know.
Keep it ATS

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well.

from your descripcion youve just seen what ive been seeing alot recently (from a distance)...bright light.no detail..no sound floating arcoss the sky like a glider.bright.but not bright enough for light to hit the ground.ive seen a few of these over the past year or so..

i live on a pretty large farm in the south east.more recently,i was looking out of the farm window north and what i thought was a chopper.(still unsure) red blinking light..anyway,as i went to pull my head back in i noticed a rather bight light coming towards the farm,very low,very bright..to my left.i looked hard at it coming towards me over a feild (going from south to north about 1am).it really scared me,i pull my head in and slowly closed the curtin,thinking this is now going right over my head...i was so scared i couldnt bring myself to look out of the front window.(if i had id of seen it again i think.) a few miniutes later i looked out.there was nothing there.. (all this with no sound atall.really freaky.

i have other sightings too..im always looking out simply because of the view ive got.and i do belive..ive seen some pretty strange things flying about early hours.trying to get some film for you guys.

i want to move.

edit on 6-1-2011 by IAMNOTCRAZY because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Earlier today I was on my front porch smoking a cigarette (we don't smoke in the house). As I was messing around scraping alittle leftover snow which has now turned into crusty ice like snow, I seen out of the corner of my eye this bright flash in the sky..as I turned to look at what it was a beam from the sky hit me in the chest and i froze..No matter how hard I tried to move just an inch I had no luck..it wasn't forcible,I didn't feel anything holding me..as I struggled in my mind to regain movement of my now rigid and unresponsive body..I heard a voice inside my mind saying "do not resist, we will not harm you" I answered in my mind " What do you want from me?" Just as I finished this a plethora of information flooded my minds eye..I seen the destruction of humanity..I heard screams from millions of people at once..I said what is this..what can I do? There was silence and then with a very firm voice I got a reply.."2 dollars" "I want my 2 dollars"..Perplexed I responded.."2 dollars?" "what does this mean?" Apparently there is an entire race of aliens who do nothing but recite that line from the movie "better off dead"..omg!! they want their 2 dollars!!

LOL..see how easy it is to write a story..without any proof..be it video..picture..whatever..you're just telling us a story..and to be honest..my story is better.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Sounds like you saw the International Space Station mate .

ISS Thu Jan 06/05:51 PM
spaceflight.nasa.gov...®ion=Scotland&city=Glasgow

Thanks for the reply. I will check out the details of the ISS when i get home in the morning. I should be able to use my iphone to find out which way i was facing and my co-ordinates and see how they correspond This seems to be a likely explanation , but it just seemed to be very low which is why i initially ruled out a satellite.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hey robert, was this object seen during daylight or in darkness? It is possible that it was the ISS or something but they have exact times on websites that tell you when it flys over.
That being said, in my personal opinion you saw a genuine UFO. I live here in Utah and over the 2010 summer I saw exactly what you described atleast 30 times through out the summer. They were all star like objects but looked more round and spherical. I saw them do amazing things some of the times while other times I simply saw them fly not making any abrupt movements.
I would say that you should keep looking UP and I promise you will see them again and will be able to determine through common sense that it isn't a satellite or the ISS.
I saw them in groups of up to 10 at a time and other times they were just by themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973

Earlier today I was on my front porch smoking a cigarette (we don't smoke in the house). As I was messing around scraping alittle leftover snow which has now turned into crusty ice like snow, I seen out of the corner of my eye this bright flash in the sky..as I turned to look at what it was a beam from the sky hit me in the chest and i froze..No matter how hard I tried to move just an inch I had no luck..it wasn't forcible,I didn't feel anything holding me..as I struggled in my mind to regain movement of my now rigid and unresponsive body..I heard a voice inside my mind saying "do not resist, we will not harm you" I answered in my mind " What do you want from me?" Just as I finished this a plethora of information flooded my minds eye..I seen the destruction of humanity..I heard screams from millions of people at once..I said what is this..what can I do? There was silence and then with a very firm voice I got a reply.."2 dollars" "I want my 2 dollars"..Perplexed I responded.."2 dollars?" "what does this mean?" Apparently there is an entire race of aliens who do nothing but recite that line from the movie "better off dead"..omg!! they want their 2 dollars!!

LOL..see how easy it is to write a story..without any proof..be it video..picture..whatever..you're just telling us a story..and to be honest..my story is better.

Yep , very good story
. Obviously your imagination is a lot better than mine i'd keep taking the Class A's. If i wanted to make it up i'd have added some fantastical (is that a word ?) details. What i posted were the facts and just because i don't have video/photographic evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'd rather read a personal story than watch endless grainy Youtube videos to be fair. I'm not claiming to be the 2nd coming of David Icke and I'm pretty sure im not descended from the monarchy of the 2nd planet of the Bollocksius system. But hey maybe this site should just be renamed "HeylookwhatifoundonYoutube.com"

Please be assured im not taking offence at your reply , after all i welcomed the members to "rip it to shreds" Just try a bit harder next time mmkaay

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Stan Fulham (Deceased) - Predicted in advance the recent sightings over New York in October and November. He has also predicted sightings over Moscow in early Jan 2011 and a Major display over London '7 days later'.
Perhaps you saw something on its way to Moscow - or preparing for the Big Show?????
Keep watching!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

lol..yes my point is only that without proof a story is a story..I did not say you didn't have this experience..but without something for the reader to see for themselves testimony is kinda useless...no need to get all upset..my comment was not a diss..it may be fine for some to just take someones word for it..I cannot accept any information from anyone without proof.and anyone who bases conclusions from strangers half way around the planet without a single slice of evidence needs their head examined.i'm sure your experience was very real..but even your wife seems to think"oh boy what did you see now" like you maybe over react alot..sorry didn't mean to come off in a bad way..was trying to be funny actually.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

and i'm not sure what you mean by "try harder"..at what? and saying videos on youtube are not acceptable is kinda ignorant..youtube is merely a site that people can load videos too..what the video is about or what it shows has nothing to do with youtube..lol..so..yeah..best of luck to you.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Hey robert, was this object seen during daylight or in darkness? It is possible that it was the ISS or something but they have exact times on websites that tell you when it flys over.
That being said, in my personal opinion you saw a genuine UFO. I live here in Utah and over the 2010 summer I saw exactly what you described atleast 30 times through out the summer. They were all star like objects but looked more round and spherical. I saw them do amazing things some of the times while other times I simply saw them fly not making any abrupt movements.
I would say that you should keep looking UP and I promise you will see them again and will be able to determine through common sense that it isn't a satellite or the ISS.
I saw them in groups of up to 10 at a time and other times they were just by themselves.

Thanks for your input. It had been in darkness for about an hour. I always go to the back door to smoke ( don't smoke in the house ) And to pass the time on a clear night like tonight i always make a point of watching the sky. If only to look at the stars in the hope that something strange appears. I can confirm that the light had a spherical shape though it was following a straight path.
As i stated in my OP i have only ever experienced one other sighting which was about 15 years ago when me and a friend were sitting on his porch with a beer on a night not unlike tonight. We began to watch what we thought was a satellite streaking through the night sky. We remarked on how cool it was as it was a 1st for us both to see one, then it seemed to stop dead and change trajectory and fly up at 45* in an instant. That sparked my interest. Maybe one day i will capture one of these on film and have the proof so many seem to demand

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Hey please don't think i was having a go back at you. I was simply trying to explain that the no picture no proof motto some live by doesn't always apply. Im not trying to demand that you believe me and don't expect some to. I put it out there for others to see and draw their own conclusions I get that your post was in jest and please don't take my reply as an attack
. And by the way your story was way better than mine BTW

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I know..lol.its all good..I'm on your side..I like to hear all I csan regarding ufo sightings..was just injecting a bit of humour..good luck to ya! I hope you see it again!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973

and i'm not sure what you mean by "try harder"..at what? and saying videos on youtube are not acceptable is kinda ignorant..youtube is merely a site that people can load videos too..what the video is about or what it shows has nothing to do with youtube..lol..so..yeah..best of luck to you.

Youtube is indeed a great source of "evidence" for the UFO subject but i was merely trying to point out that numerous threads pop up daily with no more than a "What do we think of this" title and little more than that. I just tried to post something with some substance rather than just a click on this link method.
The try harder comment was more aimed at the fact that you were posting a wacko story and implying that i was doing the same to "rip my thread to shreds" as i'd asked. And as i said earlier , your story WAS better than mine lol
Take it easy mate

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Me too and next time i'll have my video cam at the ready

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You might want to give your video camera a go tomorrow at 4:43 PM , next pass over in your area for the ISS

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Will do , if i manage to capture it i'll link it on here

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by robert11s
feel free to rip my post to shreds

Okay

Most likely satellite or ISS as was said...

The people in the plane would not be witnesses from their perspective. How did you determine how low it was? How do you know how close it was to the plane? What point of reference did you use?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join