It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only took 6 hours in power for the Republicans to be exposed for the fraud they are

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Obvious to anyone with a brain...

An early push by New Jersey Republican Rep. Scott Garrett to add some “teeth” to the GOP’s new Constitution rule requiring every bill cite its specific constitutional authority failed in a Republican conference meeting Tuesday.

And over in the Senate, a top GOP aide told me that the real bottom line is a max of $30 billion for the rest of this fiscal year.
30 billions in cuts for a whole year... yeah... the US debt grows by that much IN A WEEK. 30 billions off a 1.73 trillion $ deficit for 2010... that's a big 1.7%...of the deficit...

Guess what people, the Tea Party ``change`` crap was Obama's BS repackaged for the sheeple on the other side of this theater.

You can bet your bottom dollar that they won't do the following :

- Repeal Obamacare.
- Bring back the troops
- End the wars
- Cut the war budget
- Impeach Obama
- Sue the last administration for war crimes
- Close Guantanamo
- Stop bank bailouts
- Kick the FED's butt (well maybe Paul will, but alone he can't do much)
- Reduce the deficit for real
- Fix the economic scam... I meant system
- Repeal the unconstitutional laws like the Patriot Act/no warrant monitoring of all communications
- Secure the border
- Stop the TSA molesting and checkpoints being put all around the US
- Etc...

Keep voting, people.... that'll solve things... I mean, it solved everything in the past, especially in the last 20+ years right? *That was a HUGE sarcasm...

There's only two parties left in the US... those who love the big government raping them... and those who want America to go back the way the founders intended it... THE BEACON OF FREEDOM IN THE WORLD... not THIS:

Don't you feel safer already?
You need to lick the boots 24/7 otherwise you gonna end up dead!
edit on 6-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Republicans, democrats, they are all frauds. All of them. I have not seen any proof that there isnt any fraud in either parties. They both suck, SHTF no matter who is in control. Obama hasnt proved anything, Bush didnt prove anything. No one proves anything. They show that we can go to war and destroy, take our money ect ect.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
They only control the House of Representatives. If they controlled the Senate and the White House too, then we'd probably see some real change in this country. They only control one house, it's going to be business as usual. And from what I've seen, neither side of the aisle cares much for the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's all a racket to keep us barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, for lack of a better metaphor.
The United Police State Of America has arrived and there's no turning back now.
Talk about "Fundamentally Transforming The United States of America". It didn't start with Obama, or Bush or Nixon for that matter. They (whoever they are... I don't really think we'll ever find out) have been at this deconstruction for quite some time. You think it's bad now. Just give it a couple more years of incremental conditioning and before you know it you'll be thanking God that you have that poor strangers carcass to feast on for a few days.

"Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/6/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 1/6/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: sentence structure

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Did anyone expect anything different? Voting for democrats or republicans = voting for criminal gang number 1 or criminal gang number 2. Take your pick.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I am just curious, what does a "New Years beating" of someone in a gas station parking lot have to do with republicans?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Remember this so next time you don't waste a vote on a (D) thinking it'll be different only to waste another years later on an (R).

A politician is a politician and government is government. It very existence is contrary to the spirit of liberty.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Whether you vote for the republicans or the democrats makes no difference. Now what would happen if a large majority of the vote goes to an independant? I'd love to see the look on the faces of the 2 main parties if both loose the next presidential election....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ahh, I see. So if the few tea party supported people who got elected don't change exactly what you want them to change, even though at least half the things on your list were never even mentioned by those representatives as things they wanted to do if elected, that means they're frauds. Yeah that makes sense... Ooh, is this the part where I get to use the line I've seen Obama supporters use for two years now? "They've only been in office for a day, wait four years and if they still aren't doing what they're supposed to then you can complain. All the problems they're dealing with now are Bush's fault anyway."

As for the first article you cited, I'm curious why it got defeated in conference and by whom. No congressman, whether a Democrat or a Republican, should be against citing the part of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do whatever it is they're wanting to do unless they already know that their actions are unconstitutional. If that's the case then they need to be removed from office and barred from any future political careers regardless of who they are or what side of the aisle they sit on.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This was a noble move by Rep. Garrett. a move that will live on despite the mockery of the Democrats. It is time for Congress to go back to basics.

The amendment was intended to keep members of Congress from adding overly broad, “boilerplate” language that could cover practically any type of legislation.

But it attracted some guffaws from Democrats who privately mocked the amendment.

“Why would one part of the Constitution not be acceptable?” said a Democratic House aide, “If the Republicans disagree with a part of the Constitution, they should change it. Maybe Rep. Garrett should channel his inner Scalia.”

The reasoning behind the proposed rule is that the Founding Fathers intended these broad clauses of the Constitution to be qualified by the specific enumerated powers of Congress.

Though Garrett’s push failed, it’s not the end of the battle for him. He’s founder and chair of the Congressional Constitution Caucus and plans to watch closely which specific authorities are cited by lawmakers going forward.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

They were just sworn in yesterday for cryin out loud.

edit on 6-1-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

No, it's time to completely clean out Congress and the White House and put in GOOD men who have only the nation's best interests at heart.....except whoever gets in becomes one of them behind the black curtain.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by jibeho

No, it's time to completely clean out Congress and the White House and put in GOOD men who have only the nation's best interests at heart.....except whoever gets in becomes one of them behind the black curtain.

The process of cleaning has begun because the majority in this nation recognize the need for some serious house keeping. Sadly, there are still plenty of career politicians(D's and R's) on the Hill who have a bad habit of blocking the efforts of well meaning Freshmen on the floor. The old cronies have become complacent and have embraced the status quo of DC. The mentality of these particular politicians is alarming. Pelosi and her closing comments as Speaker illustrate this bizarre mentality.

The next couple of years are going to be interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anyone who STILL believes in the false left/right paradigm needs to have their head examined.

I mean seriously, someone please provide me with some evidence which will support the THEORY that republicans and democrats DO NOT work for the same corporations.

also, the "tea party" isn't real.

it's a poor attempt at grouping the sheep who have strayed from the left or the right

s&f

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
They only control the House of Representatives. If they controlled the Senate and the White House too, then we'd probably see some real change in this country. They only control one house, it's going to be business as usual. And from what I've seen, neither side of the aisle cares much for the Constitution.

wtf?! Are you high?!

Do you honestly believe that if "they" controlled the senate and white house that "they" would make everything better for us?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Whether you vote for the republicans or the democrats makes no difference. Now what would happen if a large majority of the vote goes to an independant? I'd love to see the look on the faces of the 2 main parties if both loose the next presidential election....

Yes, it makes no difference for two reasons:

1. Republicans and Democrats are in fact the same party (pepsi & coke) (mcdonalds & burger king) (chocolate & vanilla)

2. Electronic Voting is super shady

edit on 6-1-2011 by vermonster because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I am just curious, what does a "New Years beating" of someone in a gas station parking lot have to do with republicans?

Nothing young grasshopper.

Democrats and Republicans are one in the same:

Republicrats

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Remember this so next time you don't waste a vote on a (D) thinking it'll be different only to waste another years later on an (R).

A politician is a politician and government is government. It very existence is contrary to the spirit of liberty.

hey instead of blaming a party in washington D.C. why don't your crank some of that hatred on the local police where it belongs...you guys are so into posse comitatus or local sheriff control and those are the ones kicking this guys ass. go to council meetings, file a complaint, talk to your LOCAL leaders, organize others to have this stopped in YOUR own town.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by jimmyx

Why can't we do both?

Maybe there are 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 things I'm doing?

Could a buzillion things I'm doing.

Doing a thing is not not doing another.

It's not like there's a big on/off switch. Just like you dont have to pull or an (R) or a (D).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
DC is all about actors. It's all hollywood. It's all lipservice to the people in the foreground, While in the background, they fleece, manipulate, control, and divide.

Both sides are agents of change together, perpetuating a false sense of "freedom" and "choice". No matter which path you choose, both later converge, and take you to the same place anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Constitutional Citation bit is a nonsensical bit of politcal theatre that will only serve to grind the wheels of government to a halt as nearly every bill gets dragged into court to see whose radically bizarre interpretation of the Constitution sticks.

This country could be largely fixed with a simple 3-Step Program:

1. Have the government phase in over 3 years a "Made in the USA" policy whereby ALL government purchases from Aircraft Carriers to Ball Point Pens be manufactured in the United States. Government contracts are among the biggest, juiciest and most profitable contracts in the world. If that doesn't convince companies to bring their manufacturing home, I don't know what will.

2. Cease all international military operations. Close 50-75% of international bases and bring soldiers home to secure borders. Discontinue development of idiotic weaponry systems such as the missile defense shield re-direct those funds towards research towards areas with dual military/civilian application (i.e. alternative power sources, EMP-proof electronics, extreme climate farming)

3. Place a 2-steps-removed maximum on all investment vehicles. Whereby stocks, derivatives, insurance etc can not be rebundled or repackaged more than 2 steps away from the actual source of real income. We need to re-establish a link between production and investing in this country (and the world). Was a time when you bought stock in a company because you had faith in its vision. Now day traders buy shares of stock symbols based on charts which track nothing more than perception within the marketplace with no regard for or understanding of what it is the company does or how.

That is how you fix this country, not by swearing false fealty to a document you barely understand.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join