It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only took 6 hours in power for the Republicans to be exposed for the fraud they are

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
They only control the House of Representatives. If they controlled the Senate and the White House too, then we'd probably see some real change in this country. They only control one house, it's going to be business as usual. And from what I've seen, neither side of the aisle cares much for the Constitution.

So you're saying that if the republicans controlled both houses of congress and the White House, then we would see some real change? What, like the "real change" we witnessed from 2000 thru 2006 when that scenario was reality? That was the "change" that got us into this mess to begin with.

Before you go boasting about what they could do if they had total control, (again) why don't we just wait and see what they actually do with their newly regained power? Personally, I trust them about as far as I can toss an elephant.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am not sure we should judge this new congress so quickly. NO, I am not expecting miracles, or the Republicans to ALL suddenly start applying the constitution, but there are some encouraging signs.

______beforeitsnews/story/343/050/Bachmann_Introduces_Her_First_Bill_of_the_112th_Congress.html

“I’m pleased to offer a full repeal of the job-killing Dodd-Frank financial regulatory bill. Dodd-Frank grossly expanded the federal government beyond its jurisdictional boundaries. It gave Washington bureaucrats the power to interpret and enforce the legislation with little oversight."

So, we will see.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The congress need only pass one law to be responsible to the electorate:

ALL LAWS MUST BE IN LAYMANS TERMS AND SHOW CLEARLY COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdWard54

The congress need only pass one law to be responsible to the electorate:

ALL LAWS MUST BE IN LAYMANS TERMS AND SHOW CLEARLY COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS...

But that would be rational land!

We are in backwards land, you better get used to it!

All laws will be complex and lengthy so that they may be manipulated by those with power to dominate the unwitting!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

while i like your 3 step plan
the only way its gonna get done is if and when you become dictator
until Americans GTST and start doing things on there own
there are many crying out in the desert.

The Constitutional Citation bit is a nonsensical bit of politcal theatre that will only serve to grind the wheels of government to a halt as nearly every bill gets dragged into court to see whose radically bizarre interpretation of the Constitution sticks.

better that the wheels of government grind slowly.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by jibeho

No, it's time to completely clean out Congress and the White House and put in GOOD men who have only the nation's best interests at heart.....except whoever gets in becomes one of them behind the black curtain.

Remember when they blew up the Congress in Mars Attacks and the grandma is laughing?
Everyone is freaking out about the world ending and the grandma is just laughing - like the heck with the world to good old granny - they took out Congress! ha-ha
Watch the movie, politics is just about THAT real!

The "Colin Powell" type on the HUGE sat phone telling his wife "See I told you honey if I never did anything they would eventually put me in charge" . . . .

edit on 6-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't think that constitutional requirement made much sense and agree with the Democratic statement on that. Regarding the other issue - its never a good idea to use the Huffington Post to comment about Republicans - its like asking a Satanist to comment on Christians or vice versa - there isn't much unbiased or fairness in reporting from the HuffPo. Let me remind you as well your whole OP is based on conversations in the hallways regarding a group of people which have been in office for an extremely short period of time. There is a lot of maneuvering going on right now.

I suggest dropping the rhetoric and waiting for the vote. I have stated elsewhere I don't hold much hope either - but the 'Tea Party' members are a minority in the GOP house - so the GOP + DNC > TEA. That to me means things will proceed as usual - more spending - but we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
They only control the House of Representatives. If they controlled the Senate and the White House too, then we'd probably see some real change in this country. They only control one house, it's going to be business as usual. And from what I've seen, neither side of the aisle cares much for the Constitution.

And what changes would those be? Would they be like the changes we saw the last time the Repukes held the presidency, the House and the Senate like the Patriot Act, massive losses of freedoms and rights and a perpetual War on Terror? No thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The main thing about these threads is don’t join the other type of Sheeple by not voting. Just remember to RESIST by NOT voting DemoRep. If you vote for a minor party, it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t win. Both majors parties will look at your vote and realise they are gettinjg dangerously out of touch. In this way you will be “listened” more to if you vote against dictatorship, than for it (or certainly if you don’t vote at all).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
The main thing about these threads is don’t join the other type of Sheeple by not voting. Just remember to RESIST by NOT voting DemoRep. If you vote for a minor party, it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t win. Both majors parties will look at your vote and realise they are gettinjg dangerously out of touch. In this way you will be “listened” more to if you vote against dictatorship, than for it (or certainly if you don’t vote at all).

I agree.

but

If you vote electronically you may as well stay home.

Demand Paper Ballots.

This growing paperless world is getting out of control.

The kindle is a prime example......its a electronic book......an ELECTRONIC BOOK.........

holy moly.....save the trees, remove more mountaintops for more minerals!!!

sorry, not trying to derail....ugh...back to work

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The police state is already here, and has been for a long time. The para-military organization known as cops have been the instrument of the elite for decades. Their new found powers are being demonstrated daily. Why else make it illegal to video tape cops and their repulsive actions lately? To allow the police state to gain more momentum. This country has been brought down to its knees by both Democrats and Republicans alike.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I am just curious, what does a "New Years beating" of someone in a gas station parking lot have to do with republicans?

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

But he does raise a good point. There really isn't any relevance.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I hope the people that took the video at least turn a copy over to proper authorities and keep pushing until the officier in this video is brought to justice. I can't believe no one stepped forward to stop that azzhole.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What! the cop can't do that to him! No matter what he said. 1st ammendment. I can't stand this. All he did was say Shut up.

You can't beat and pepperspray someone for that. I hope you people see its time for change!
Time for a Revolution.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
[more There hasn't been a two party system in this country for a long time. TPTB are the ONLY party. They just let the people go through the motions. But soon that pretense will fall away.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's because I don't live in the U.S, but reading the past two pages, one thing has become quite clear.
As many say they aren't sheeple and passively resist etc...

You still don't understand how they are controlling you.
VOTING.

You need to STOP voting... Only THEN will you see the change. Only then you will see it is all FALSE. When you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that not more than 100K people voted, when they show you the entire population had indeed voted.

It doesn't matter if you vote Rep, Dem, Ind... Whomever you think you vote for, you aren't.
It doesn't matter if it is electronic OR paper... The votes go the way THEY want them to go.

Once you all realize that VOTING is getting you nowhere, you will only see one clear option.
Then when enough of you realize that they are reporting that you have voted...
That's when you will see a change.
edit on 6/1/2011 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've always maintained the whole Left/Right thing was bogus, and that both sides work towards the same corrupt goals. The government is very good at making it seem as if we actually have a democracy..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
All we gotta do is vote no confidence in either party. As soon as the opportunity arises.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
(ETA: To Vitchillo. I forgot to reply this to you. )

Hello.

I just gave you your 5000th flag.

What do I win?

Congrats. That's pretty rare around here these days!

sorry for the OT.
edit on 1/6/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join