It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS tormenting struggling taxpayers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

IRS tormenting struggling taxpayers

www.politico.com

The IRS filed 1.1 million liens in 2010, close to double the number it filed five years ago.

“By filing a lien against a taxpayer with no money and no assets, the IRS often collects nothing, yet it inflicts long-term harm on the taxpayer by making it harder for him to get back on his feet when he does get a job,” Olson said.

Read more: www.politico.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Awww, and more cozy, warm and fuzzy stories from the fraudulent fed's collection agency. Swooping in like vultures to prey upon the carcasses of struggling americans in this totally shambled economy and job market. I wonder if they put the same amount of harrassment into the mega-corporations? Rhetorical question.

I wonder how many folks here actually know that these folks are a private corporation, just like the fed, and actually are not PART of the gov, just like the federal reserve isnt?

And how many people know that there actually is no law written in the constitution saying that folks are legally obligated to pay an 'income' tax? And that NONE of the taxes collected by this entity actually go into ANYTHING benefiting this country, like infrastructure? It ALL goes into paying back into the DEBT that is being ran up!

Former IRS Agent Joe Banister just recently went head to head with the IRS in court for 'income tax evasion', and guess what---He was aquitted, as all others who challenge this unconstitutional behavior and rogue group are:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More people need to become aware of this, and challenge these heathens all the way to the highest level, as well as expose exactly what it is they are actually doing with our tax-dollars! It ain't what most believe it is!

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yeah, taxation is such a noble and altruistic way to dole out charity isn't it? It's not theft...No, it's called doing your part citizen! There's already a lot wrong with our 70 or 80,000 page tax code without adding thuggery to it...But here we are, the kings tax collectors are knocking.

It's not that I mind paying a minimal tax to cover Constitutional mandates that are required to be paid for by all of us. But this is just a step way too far.
edit on 6-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn
Yeah, taxation is such a noble and altruistic way to dole out charity isn't it? It's not theft...No, it's called doing your part citizen! There's already a lot wrong with our 70 or 80,000 page tax code without adding thuggery to it...But here we are, the kings tax collectors are knocking.

It's not that I mind paying a minimal tax to cover Constitutional mandates that are required to be paid for by all of us. But this is just a step way too far.

Nicely said.

I want to add that not only are they permitted to seize all of our assets and garnish our wages but at the end of the day, they are able to imprison us.

Are there really any Americans who think that these practices are acceptable? If so, I would argue that its a very small minority. That being the case, who authorized these powers and by what authority?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I know, how dare the Federal Government need funding, they should do it all for free! Fact is, they should pay every single American just so there can be a federal government. The insanity of the federal government thinking it has to lay and collect taxes is just insane!

I mean they should just ignore that part in Article I Section 8 that states:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes

And they should absolutely ignore the 16th Amendment which states:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration

I mean the nerve of people, thinking that they can actually tax people just because the Constitution says they can!
edit on 1/6/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The government is in desperate need of cutting WUK...Or is the debt laughable to you too?

I mean come on throwing our hard earned money at this isn't helping and hasn't been.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by whatukno

Happy slave to duty.

I suppose if the constitution included some "prima nocta" for the pres you'd be all for it. Gotta do whatever that piece of paper tells you to do. Without it you wouldn't know up from down knight from day or wrong from right.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by DimensionalDetective

They must know that they aren't going to collect anything at all from certain individuals. So how much does it cost in hours and money to set the lien and harass them?

How much did it cost them to collect from the Browns? Those armed agents and armored vehicles camped out for weeks sure as hell weren't cheap.

If the gov spends a dollar to collect fifty cents are we all still happy those evil evaders got their comuppins?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

In fact it is laughable to me, because the ones that are doing the cutting are wanting to cut everything but the most pork riddled part of the US Budget which is Defense spending.

And no one is saying a word about the BILLIONS we give out to foreign governments all over the world.

Sure the Budget needs cutting. But this thread isn't about cutting the budget it's about taxes. But some don't want to pay ANYTHING in taxes at ALL! To which I say fine, don't pay taxes at all, but if you don't pay taxes, maybe you shouldn't drive on public roads, or enjoy public lands, or call the police or fire departments if you need them.

But what do I care if some don't think they should have to pay taxes, if you don't think you need to pay any taxes at all and think that taxes are unconstitutional (even though I have clearly shown two examples that they are) then don't pay any taxes, no skin off my nose.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

knight from day

Really?

I think you meant night from day, but maybe you meant knight from day, if that's the case, have to inform you, we here in America don't have Knights.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by whatukno

By focusing on a typo I can only assume the rest of what I said you believe to be right.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

So the reality of the debt is laughable because of who's in congress...I'm not sure how that makes sense to anyone but you WUK.

All of those things have certainly been addressed be me and others here.
As far as I'm concerned a cut of 50% across the board including defense spending is
what I favor.

I will say this, I'm already smelling the stench hypocrisy coming from the GOP.
I wouldn't expect them to cut anything, or even make a serious effort to. Unfortunately
we didn't put enough reformers in Washington.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Actually your typo was the only thing that was even remotely relevant to the discussion. That's why I chose to address it. Everything else was complete hyperbole.

I would personally go more drastic than that. I would cut 75% of all spending across the board, I think that all federal and state employees should only be paid minimum wage, (and not be allowed to be in a union). You want to see a minimized federal government? Make it a minimum wage job.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

That's actually a bad ass idea WUK.

I don't often agree with you...But there it is..

There must be a really cold part of hell right now somewhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Heres a real giggle. It costs more to collect from someone who is destitute, than it is possible to recoup. Furthermore, making earning a living harder for that person takes money out of the ecconomy, because that person is even less likely after prosecution or collection to be able to pay taxes , buy goods or services ,and therfore contribute to his or her local shops and businesses.
However, debt, and keeping people in it, is making a very small number of wealthy megalomaniacs even wealthier. For these scumbags, getting nations out of debt and into credit would be disasterous! Good luck finding out who they are though, because thier accounts are split across the entire planet, hidden by lawyers and accountants under myraid aliases, and are pretty much untraceable.
Thats the shape of the crap the US seems to be floating on. Going to be tough to find a paddle that will cut through the crap if you ask me. Similar situation here in Britain, although the mechanics of the situation vary a little .

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by projectvxn

It's a good thought short sighted. At minimum wage the fed will hire more and more. Eventually there will so many employees they'll just vote themselves a raise or elect politicians that will give one to them.

A temporary fix until they remember they can vote themselves the bank by sending their armed soldiers to collect more.

As long as it exists at all it will be corrupt and continue to consume more.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

There are ways of preventing the Federal government from growing beyond it's Constitutional means.

They're big fans of citing clauses to draw their authority..but can't legally point to actual enumerated powers which is what is required by law...As it turns out the GOP has already dropped the ball on just that:

Told 'Ya So: Tea Party = DOUCHE NOZZLES

What was the rule? That you couldn't claim "general welfare" or "necessary and proper" as justification - you had to point to an actual enumerated power.

The very so-called "Tea Party" and "Conservative" members of Congress could not even agree to cite a specific clause in The Constitution that enabled legislation to be brought to the floor.

Oh, it gets better. The actual proposed rule would not have prevented passing something that nobody could manage to find a clause in The Constitution that enabled the bill. It in fact only required that a point of order be raised if the language was not present, allowing a gigantic and overwhelming 20 minutes of debate (10 each side) before a simple majority could vote to table the objection and move forward anyway - Constitution be damned.

The Committee rejected that watered-down milquetoast rule!

That would be enough to call the Tea Party and so-called "Conservatives" we sent to Washington a failure on the day they took their oaths of office all by itself.

I think this has more to do with the GOP than many of the TP candidates that were sworn in. But the point is made. If we don't hold these people's feet to the fire they are going to screw us too.

I'm not a no government guy. But I am for small and responsible government with maximum emphasis on protecting the rights of the people. That can't be done if the government is huge and doing it's own thing free of the scrutiny of the people.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You know what else they should do? If a department or agency comes within 10% or maxes out it's budget for the year, they should be automatically audited to find out why. If any waste is found during the course of that audit, that portion of their budget should be cut completely, and they should be forced to do with less the next year, if they come in under budget for the year, the next year the budget stays the same and the surplus can be used to help pay off the debt.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If the Feds are borrowing $300B every month then explain to me how on earth the debt can ever be paid off?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I know, how dare the Federal Government need funding, they should do it all for free! Fact is, they should pay every single American just so there can be a federal government. The insanity of the federal government thinking it has to lay and collect taxes is just insane!

Wake up Dude.

YOUR tax money goes straight into the pockets of the Central bankers. REMEMBER that $14,039,433,389,047 in DEBT? (as of 8:00AM 1/6/2011) The US government OWES interest on that DEBT. SO Who do they OWE it to?

.....Congress needs more money than that. They say not to worry. They go further down the street to the Federal Reserve building. The Fed has been waiting for them, that's one of the reasons it was created. By the time they get inside the Federal Reserve building the officer of the Fed is opening his desk drawer. He knows they're going to be there and he's ready and he pulls out his checkbook and he writes a check to the US Treasury for one billion dollars or whatever the amount is that they need. He signs the check and gives it to the treasury official.

We need to stop here for a minute and ask a question. Where did they get a billion dollars to give to the treasury? who put that money into the account at the Federal Reserve System? The amazing answer is there is no money in the account at the Federal Reserve System. In fact, technically, there isn't even an account, there is only a checkbook. That's all. That billion dollars springs into being at precisely the instant the officer signs that check and that is called "monetizing the debt," that's the phrase they throw at you. That means they just wrote a check, a big rubber check. If you and I were to do that we would go to jail but they can do it because Congress wants them to do it. In fact, this is the payoff, this is the benefit to the government side of this partnership, this is how the government gets its instant access to any amount of money at any time without having to go to the taxpayer directly and justify it or ask for it. Otherwise, they would have to come to the taxpayer and say we're going to raise your taxes another $3,000 this year and of course if they did that, they would be voted out of office real fast. They like the Mandrake Mechanism because it's a no questions asked source of money. You may have noticed that it's been many years since Congress has even discussed what anything costs, it's not an issue. It doesn't make any difference what the cost is because regardless of the overrun they know they can go down the street to the Federal Reserve and by law the officer has to write that big check and give it to them and they're off and running....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join