It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS tormenting struggling taxpayers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
now it's 27-49% depending on your status.
unless og course you're a billionaire and then it's 1% and you can avoid that too

I take it you aren't referring to the US because those tax rates are completely incorrect.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't mind paying taxes that go to things that actually help us like infrastructure, a military (though I think the current spending is waaaay too high), and things of that nature. But if the government were to be sane in its spending, sane in its collecting, and sane in the programs that it keeps, then we wouldn't have 14 trillion dollars of debt here in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The IRS is uncaring, cold, and heartless, much like the legal system. Have gotten several 'notices' lately that claim we didn't pay enough tax, and didn't file federal taxes for some years, and didn't pay taxes on a business we supposedly own, but know nothing about! Have always paid our taxes and have always filed our taxes, always, and do not operate a business at all! So, you tell me. What is going on?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I enjoy the comparison of the vultures picking at corpses. So true. I think the fact they take it so hard on the citizens is proof they dont want us to recover. Wouldnt the corporate structure gain to earn more if the economy was good and people were buying things again?

I researched a massive thread on the FED that is in my signature. It has a lot of hard info and statistics if your interested in seeing it. It also includes a link to see how much we have paid in interest over the years (roughly 8 trillion). Give it a read if your interested!n

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join