It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scientology Expose We've Been Waiting For

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
scientology has advertised on this site. i wonder if there is some conflict of interest created by this thread's existence.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think its a pretty good racket.
I am just mad I didn't think of it first!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/399a592f1ec0.png[/atsimg]
edit on 5-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've never really liked Scientology- I will always be honest about that. It is a dangerous cult. And when I saw the BBC documentary on them, I have to say it just solidified my notion. I really cannot wait to see what Haggis has to say, and then I can't wait to see the disinfo that is likely to follow to try and discredit Haggis and such from Scientology.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It seems to be one of those "be all you can be" type of "new age" cults loosely based on OTO and hinduism.

They say they believe in a creator..just like masons say..but strangely enough they don't make mention of who the creator is...leaving the door open for the members to decide for themselves. Ron L Hubbard, the founding father of the cult/religion seems to have a troubled history of making a fortune on peoples' collective gullibility and according to a few actual luciferians liked to practice black magick in the form of sexual rituals.

I would steer away from such non-sense groups because above all they are hypocrites. I actually have more respect for athiests and satanists because they do not attempt to hide their true nature with false pretenses.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Scientology has more in common with Mormonism, Druidism and the Occult than anything else.

Anyways, anyone with internet can easily research the crimes this organization has committed against people. Many people have legitimately vanished, been tortured, and a few even killed for trying to bring it down, from within and outside.

Operation Chanology, while being horribly transformed into a silly moral crusade by a bunch of dweebs, is the only force to push Scientologies crimes into light in a mass way. Since then a lot of people have come out against the church. It's so out there that if they try anything now, it's just plain obvious.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I've heard that both Scientology and the Mormon Church have infiltrated NSA and or other intelligence agencies.
Starting with Operation Snow White?

Then there's the ties between Hubbard, Crowley and Jack Parsons.

Is there any good threads on this subject around?

I would love to hear more from the more knowledgeable.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Scientology has more in common with Mormonism, Druidism and the Occult than anything else.

Uhhm....no.

Ron L Hubbard, the founding father of the cult/religion seems to have a troubled history of making a fortune on peoples' collective gullibility

True...

Has anyone actually been to a scientology temple and talked to them?

Im amazed how many opinions about them are out there yet i'll bet most of you probably know nothing of the religion.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Im amazed how many opinions about them are out there yet i'll bet most of you probably know nothing of the religion.

Apparently, you are misinformed as well, pal.
According to Hubbard, it is no religion. He only classed it as such for the tax break.

L. Ron Hubbard, 1952, History of Man, Chapter 8

"Theta clearing is about as practical and simple as repairing a shoe
lace. It is nothing to do with hypnotism, voodooism, charalatanism,
monkeyism or theosophy. Done, the thetan can do anything a stage
magician can do in the way of moving objects around. But this isn't
attained by holding one's breath or thinking right thoughts or voting
Republican or any other superstitous or mystic practice. So for the
reason I brought up, rule out, auditor, any mumbo jumbo or mysticism,
spiritualism, or religion."

This quote is from the Dianetics era, before Scientology was created. Hubbard consistently positioned Dianetics during the 1950s as a "Science of Mind" with absolutely no mention of religion. Hubbard also rules out any relationship between Dianetics and superstition, mysticism, or spiritualism - all which are more associated with religion than with science.

TO ADD:

The Creation of Human Ability, L. Ron Hubbard, 1953.

"Society, thirsting for more control of more people substitutes religion
for the spirit, the body for the soul, an identity for the individual
and science and data for truth. In this direction lies insanity,
increasing slavery, less knowingness, greater scarcity and less society.

"Scientology has opened the gates to a better World. It is not a
psycho-therapy nor a religion.
It is a body of knowledge which, when
properly used, gives freedom and truth to the individual."

www.ezlink.com...
edit on 6-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: added

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Actually im so misiformed that i happen to walk into the temple on Young st in Toronto...they do call it a religion but not really in the same sence as others do.

I asked...is this a religion. My answer was "more or less"

They don't give you straight answers unless you pay for their auditing... Read into it a little you may understand.

And don't call me pal...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

And yet, you are so polite when you post, my friend...
and so well informed.

Of course, the Scientologists will be so forthcoming at the Temple.
Good Luck in your quest.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
why would i be rude? pointless wouldn't you say...

friend i can deal with

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

True...

I have read their books. I have read Hubbard's own words. I have seen many interviews, some with Hubbard but most with this Miscavege twerp. I have been able to peruse church documents. I cannot AFFORD to spend any time in one of their churches and that really tells me all I need to know.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
though its true it costs money....im guessing most of what you know comes from google video or Utube.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

though its true it costs money....im guessing most of what you know comes from google video or Utube.

I am guessing your ignorant and presumptive with no real interest in learning anything remotely resembling an answer to any questions you pose.

Your guess was wrong. How was mine? Hint:I have no idea how to read books on google video or youtube.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
my appoligies Sinnthia

True enough it was an assumption, its definatly true what they say about when you "assume"

I guess it happens after reading posts on ATS after a while...

Please do "learn me'
edit on 6-1-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I cannot answer any questions you do not ask. That was kind of my problem with you taking the time to write a post about what you think my answer would be when I am right here to give you one. Ask away.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I don't have any questions, i thought you were offering to teach me something i don't already know...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I don't have any questions, i thought you were offering to teach me something i don't already know...

You posted telling me where you assume I got most of my information about Scientology from. Even though I had already provided you information that would render your guess "kinda silly" at best, you made it anyway. I thought that since I was here, you might actually want to ask me where I indeed did get my information but I guess you like your assumption. It is wrong, but you are free to have it then.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Actually i don't see anything that renders my guess "silly" If you look around these forums thats more then 70% of the posts, presumptions and judgemental statements.

You've read his books which is farther then i ever bothered to get, hes a novelest, nothing more...though i have read their material that they give out to perspective "members"

Somehow these people turned him into a prophet...in any case....Not my cup of tea

I honestly have no need to find out where you read this or that about scientology...

I only posted in this thread because of what i was reading from other people that clearly know nothing about the subject, yet found the need to state their opinions.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Actually i don't see anything that renders my guess "silly" If you look around these forums thats more then 70% of the posts, presumptions and judgemental statements.

Just beacuse lots of people are judgemental, that does not make your guess that I read his books on youtube NOT silly.

You've read his books which is farther then i ever bothered to get, hes a novelest, nothing more...though i have read their material that they give out to perspective "members"

He is not just a novelist. He invented the religion. He wrote books upon books upon books upon books to explain it to us and he was a novelist. I have never read his novels.

Somehow these people turned him into a prophet...in any case....Not my cup of tea

No, he made himself a church leader and these people see him as the dead leader of their church.

I honestly have no need to find out where you read this or that about scientology...

You seem confused. You assumed where I got my info on the church and you assumed I got it from youtube. I have listened to over 100 of the congress lectures recorded by Hubbard himself. I have read more than a dozen of his books on his own religion. I have watched the dvds that the Church of Scientology puts out.

Apparently you really wanted the answer to just be youtube for some reason though. You really like assuming and still refuse to actually just ask me. There is the answer now so you can continue to pretend not to want it and continue assuming youtube is my source.

I only posted in this thread because of what i was reading from other people that clearly know nothing about the subject, yet found the need to state their opinions.

You asked a question. I thought that given the information I have found within my access I might have something to add so I answered. You blew me off with a lame assumption. I think you came in here for something else.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join