It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scientology Expose We've Been Waiting For

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Scientology has already been exposed!

South Park shows exactly what they believe:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Think about Jim Marr

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's the in thing and cool to hate scientology, but like another poster said, no one here has any real experience with it, only watching South Park, youtube vids, and perhaps some books.

Most of what is spoken of, is the corrupt nature of the current organization, and a bunch of media hype.

I was in Scientology, and I worked as a Staff Member. I know what's good, and I know what's bad about Scientology. I also recommend people read the history of the Freezone movement, and Ronsorg, and you will see how the CoS was quickly usurped after, and actually a little before Hubbard died.

Miscaviage usurped control with a band of lawyers, and threw out Hubbards top placed people. They have also changed the words in his books. In fact the new books say they are authored by the CoS, and not Hubbard.

The "Church" is a control and greed cult, all based on money and control.
The original Scientology in Hubbards day, while not 100 percent perfect, what is, was not like it is now.

The teachings have been changed, and books have been changed, the processes changed.

Scientology, or to be more accurate the Church of Scientology today, is not the same thing as it was in the 50's to mid 70's. After Hubbard was nearing his last days, an orchestrated effort was made to usurp control, and Miscaviage led it.

Also, it's important to know, Scientology is not a faith or belief path, you don't have to believe anything, and the far out stuff on South Park is irrelevant. Scientology, if one really examine it, is a gradiated process of drills and such, to come to an increased awareness of one's self, through one's self. No one tells you what to think and believe.

Now, their are weak and victim mentality people who do join groups, and do allow themselves to be manipulated, happens in every organization. But in my personal experience I was never told what to think or believe, and the practices where only about you yourself coming to a realization. They had strict rules not to interperet or give opinions on anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Misterlondon

Maybe that's what "they" do... pester you until you break?

Yea thats what they do. Its been a thing for them for years and not just this badgering. There are stories out there of much much worse. Like sending folks into some critics hometown and putting out the bad mouth untill they lose thier job ect ect, much much more. But they are not the only ones that do this.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Akragon
Actually i don't see anything that renders my guess "silly" If you look around these forums thats more then 70% of the posts, presumptions and judgemental statements.

Just beacuse lots of people are judgemental, that does not make your guess that I read his books on youtube NOT silly.

You've read his books which is farther then i ever bothered to get, hes a novelest, nothing more...though i have read their material that they give out to perspective "members"

He is not just a novelist. He invented the religion. He wrote books upon books upon books upon books to explain it to us and he was a novelist. I have never read his novels.

Somehow these people turned him into a prophet...in any case....Not my cup of tea

No, he made himself a church leader and these people see him as the dead leader of their church.

I honestly have no need to find out where you read this or that about scientology...

You seem confused. You assumed where I got my info on the church and you assumed I got it from youtube. I have listened to over 100 of the congress lectures recorded by Hubbard himself. I have read more than a dozen of his books on his own religion. I have watched the dvds that the Church of Scientology puts out.

Apparently you really wanted the answer to just be youtube for some reason though. You really like assuming and still refuse to actually just ask me. There is the answer now so you can continue to pretend not to want it and continue assuming youtube is my source.

I only posted in this thread because of what i was reading from other people that clearly know nothing about the subject, yet found the need to state their opinions.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

You asked a question. I thought that given the information I have found within my access I might have something to add so I answered. You blew me off with a lame assumption. I think you came in here for something else.

Look i've already appoligised for my assumption.... Time to get over it.

Since you do know so much about this subject, whats your opinion on "dianetics"

It wasn't a lame assumption, again concidering the kind of posts you'll find on this forum i'd say it was a valid assumption, but it was wrong....again...let it go.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Scientology has already been exposed!

South Park shows exactly what they believe:

Honesty... this is a giant allegory for fear as a parasite....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I am curious what years you were a member of this "church." If you do not mind I am also curious what level "clear" you achieved during your time there. Just curious, thanks.

It wasn't a lame assumption, again concidering the kind of posts you'll find on this forum i'd say it was a valid assumption, but it was wrong....again...let it go.

No problem, it is gone. Reminds me of the time a guy broke my ankle with his car because he was not looking. Said "Well you should have been looking out for my moving car while you were standing there. I mean, sorry and all but you should kinda had that coming because other people are stupid." Thanks!

My opinion of Dianetics, personally I feel it is dangerous as all hell. It is nothing but a farce "home remedy" version of psychology at home with nothing but anti-psychology rhetoric and does a wonderful job of setting you up to pay more money to the "church" for more books and more sessions so that you can better employ what you did not understand about dianetics. Meanwhile, the psych issues that lead you to question in the first place go untreated because Dianetics convinces you there is another way...just over here...a little farther...just one more check...keep coming...just buy one more book....send a check to make sure you have a seat at the next congress....suicide from major issues relating to untreated psychosis.

Great book.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sinthia, I hope I spelled that right, I didn't use the quote option,

I was a staff member in the early 90's, as a staff member you don't get much free time to advance oneself, and I was there less that a year, but before I went, I did read and visit a few times. I say I went and there, because there was not an Org where I lived and had to go out of town. I actually left it, not on bad terms, but because the living conditions we had, me, and 2 other staffers and a member, in a decent sized apt, was falling apart, because the member was leaving town, getting married I think, and I was shortly had no where to live, and I was burnt out, because I was working a full time job, then spending all my free time at the Org. So, I did do some beginner courses, and self study, what I could, but I was not there long enough, under a year, and so did not make it to the higher bridge levels.

Now, if they had made the Org system different, where they had a building and people could live there as staff and have food and lodgings supplied, I may not have left, but it wasn't like that, and so I did.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
I've heard that both Scientology and the Mormon Church have infiltrated NSA and or other intelligence agencies.
Starting with Operation Snow White?

Then there's the ties between Hubbard, Crowley and Jack Parsons.

Is there any good threads on this subject around?

I would love to hear more from the more knowledgeable.

Most of the "feel good" cults are luciferian/satanical in theory regardless if they admit it or not.

Do I have conclusive proof? No but the circumstantial evidence is enough to draw rough conclusions imo....

I don't have to read 100 books and/or view 100 YouTube videos to be knowledgeable. Quality beats quantity all the time and proof is in what makes more sense to me and everyone else. I don't have to agree with all or any of the scientologists, masons, OTO's, skull&bones members, etc since everyone has an opinion based on their experience level. Some people said they joined masonry and they can't find anything sinister about it...well guess what "einstein" do you expect them to reveal everything to you once you become an initiate??? Why do you think there are multiple degrees&rites then and are you aware of the unacknowledged degrees&rites reserved only for the truely "worthy"?

Too many gullible and ignorant people especially for the internet age where everything is just a click away.

Search engines are your friend....SO USE THEM!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Thank you for your answer. Spell my name any way you like. Forgive me if I am reading too much into this but it sounds to me like you had to leave the church because you ran out of the energy, time, and funds, that you would have needed to stay?

"When somebody enrols, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe - never permit an `open-minded' approach ... If they enrolled, they're aboard, and if they're aboard they're here on the same terms as the rest of us - win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half minded about being Scientologists ... When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare .. The proper instruction attitude is `. . We'd rather have you dead than incapable. "' - L. Ron Hubbard, Keeping Scientology Working, 7 February 1965, reissued 27 August 1980.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by tom502

Thank you for your answer. Spell my name any way you like. Forgive me if I am reading too much into this but it sounds to me like you had to leave the church because you ran out of the energy, time, and funds, that you would have needed to stay?

Not funds, because as staff, all my stuff was free.
Time and energy yes, because I worked a full time job, and was expected to be at the org on my off time, but in retrospect, that may have been my own fault, because I lived with 3 other staffers, and we were all single, and they were there before I was so I just followed their lead. If I had been married or something at that time, I may have had to, and I guess I could have then anyway, layed out when I could be there and when I couldn't, and if they didn't like it, then I'd leave.

Overall it was interesting, and I did meet many sincere people, some who have been in it for a very long time. And some that just left. You really are not forced to do anything.

I am very critical of the Misaviage "Church", but I do like Scientology still, as expressed in the Freezone movement. I am not a Scientologist, because Scientology is something to do, and not believe, and I do not do Scientology. It is a gradiated set of drills and practices, sorta like how a Lodge is set up, like the Golden Dawn, or the Rosicrucians, with levels of increased spiritual realization. Spiritually, it is mainly Eastern, like Buddhism, but with a Budd-o-meter.

I think the current church is way too expensive, and money driven, but there is reason there is cost in Scientology, it's not just a faith, or belief religion, it's stages of advancements requires materials, books, course folders, audio and video materials, and time, and people assistence, the whole auditing process requires 2 people. My biggest critique is it's practicality. But I can see why wealthy celebs are attracted to it, they have the money and time control to do it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I am confused, I thought you said you left the church because without the third roomate, you would be losing your "falling apart" apartment and you were burnt out. One guy was leaving and you were going to be homeless, so you left the church. I got lost somewhere here.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by tom502

I am curious what years you were a member of this "church." If you do not mind I am also curious what level "clear" you achieved during your time there. Just curious, thanks.

No problem, it is gone. Reminds me of the time a guy broke my ankle with his car because he was not looking. Said "Well you should have been looking out for my moving car while you were standing there. I mean, sorry and all but you should kinda had that coming because other people are stupid." Thanks!

My opinion of Dianetics, personally I feel it is dangerous as all hell. It is nothing but a farce "home remedy" version of psychology at home with nothing but anti-psychology rhetoric and does a wonderful job of setting you up to pay more money to the "church" for more books and more sessions so that you can better employ what you did not understand about dianetics. Meanwhile, the psych issues that lead you to question in the first place go untreated because Dianetics convinces you there is another way...just over here...a little farther...just one more check...keep coming...just buy one more book....send a check to make sure you have a seat at the next congress....suicide from major issues relating to untreated psychosis.

Great book.

Excellent.... Now to answer your question.

I wasn't ever a part of this "church"....but im am curious by nature. At that time i knew nothing of scientology aside from what southpark had on said episode. I tend to try to learn anything i can about most religions so i don't spew off saying things that make me look....uninformed, or in your particular case so i don't "assume" lol.

I simply walked into the temple and started asking questions. Before i knew it they had me watching a DVD about their system. I was basically swarmed by happy people trying to get me to sign up. Admitedly i was trying my best not to laugh the whole time but i kept my composure, minus the huge grin on my face. I was fully informed to say the least, i even got the book for free(normally 20$) which i read...

I would say that i agree 100% on your analysis of Dianetics.... All they want is your money, i don't believe a rediculous system like that would accomplish anything for anyone. Perhaps less intelligent people might fall for it but i see no benefits.....as if anyone would just erase any bad emotions or vibrations from past experiences just by saying "clear".... its conplete nonsence.

Just to elaborate on myself in case you're wondering Sinnthia...i have no religious afilliations. I was born Christian but i opted out as soon as i had the opportunity (basically when i was old enough to say im not going) No afiliations, no religious ties...personally i think religion is the wrong way to teach people about spirituality....again perhaps there is good moral value but thats about it.

talk to ya again sometime im sure

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks, I appreciate that answer and hopefully more might find a first hand encounter like that interesting. I find learning about other religions to be more than fascination. Cults are even more interesting. I rarely read fiction and had been exposed to the inner workings of Scientology long before South Park. This is kind of why when I say I read a bunch of books and someone tells me I probably learned it all from youtube, I am a bit dismissive. Thanks for sharing your personal experience. Nothing beats going in and looking around face to face. I have never spent any realy time around a Scientologist in their natural setting. Kind of jealous.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
haha it was interesting to say the least...

Im going to have to appoligise again for our first encounter, you're quite the opposite of what i assumed.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm always leary of claims that you can't get out of a religion because claims like that are made about wicca and paganism and for the most part they are totally decentralized without leaders, and probably most practitioners are solitary anyway! (So who is keeping someone from 'getting out?') I've heard and read some downright lies about my own religion as I know and have known it for nearly 30 years.

BUT- ok that said, the whole auditing thing is weird to me - it reminds me of the Skull and Bones stuff- it seems downright dangerous and wrong to me to tell anyone all your secrets. Then I've seen video of scientologist really getting in people's face being very annoying and aggressive, and I don't like that everything in Scientology COSTS and is copyright.

There's only one religion that I can think of that I know I'd be really upset if my child took up- and that's Scientology. It seems like a pyramid scheme to me.

Interesting that people think they've infiltrated the CIA. I always wondered if they WERE the CIA.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
sinnthia,

I "could" have maybe found another place to live, but I was burnt out, running from my job, to the Org, and when the apartment was going away, I felt it was my que to pack up. I am glad I experienced it, it was not "bad", but it was an interesting learning experience, and it did show me, what I have found to be wrong with scientology and what it right about it. I do think when we generally speak of scientology, we should make a difference between The Church of $cientology(c), and the non-affiliated practice of Scientology, as the 2 things are very different. One is a greed and control group lorded over by Miscaviage who has changed and edited the original books, audio and video recordings of Hubbard, the other is a no central leader, grass-roots community based on early processes of Hubbard while he was alive before the fall.
edit on 7-1-2011 by tom502 because: misspells

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Hello Tom

Here is what I know about Scientology:

I was exposed to Scientology as a teenager in 1953 by a neighbor (I don't think he referred to his abuse of me as "Scientology"). He hooked me up to his E-Meter and preached to me for hours about how I needed to learn to hate everybody who wasn't: (1) Caucasian, (2) Anglo-Saxon, (3) Protestant and (4) at least three-generation Real American.

He was pure evil and one of our high school teachers. He was also an extremely vocal Freemason of the 33rd degree or whatever they call themselves. The wounds he left on me still haven't fully healed.

If he still lives, I hope he is dying from a painfully incureable disease.

If he is dead, I hope he is rotting in Hell.

Please don't try to tell my Scientology is anything else.

Doctor Esterikos

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorEsotericos
reply to post by tom502

Hello Tom

Here is what I know about Scientology:

I was exposed to Scientology as a teenager in 1953 by a neighbor (I don't think he referred to his abuse of me as "Scientology"). He hooked me up to his E-Meter and preached to me for hours about how I needed to learn to hate everybody who wasn't: (1) Caucasian, (2) Anglo-Saxon, (3) Protestant and (4) at least three-generation Real American.

He was pure evil and one of our high school teachers. He was also an extremely vocal Freemason of the 33rd degree or whatever they call themselves. The wounds he left on me still haven't fully healed.

If he still lives, I hope he is dying from a painfully incureable disease.

If he is dead, I hope he is rotting in Hell.

Please don't try to tell my Scientology is anything else.

Doctor Esterikos

I'm sorry for your abuse, but that isn't Scientology, that's just some nut that was messing with you. He obviously had no idea what he was doing, or did, but it was of his own accord.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

poor Scientology, it is so misrepresented....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join