It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Prophets, Let’s Get Rid of Them all!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Also “rant” by that definition could probably cover half the threads on ATS.

So does this mean you agree that your thread should indeed be posted as a rant?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Yeah, I agree with you on the basic principles ie, that prophecies are a load of bull, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be free to make personal predictions if they so wish or to discuss other peoples predictions.

There are many things I disagree with on ATS, but I just ignore them, rather than wish them deleted altogether. I'm sure there is a function whereby you can "ignore" specific forums, I could be wrong on that one

But yeah, do what I do...a few deep breaths, and then move on

Some of them can even be quite entertaining!
edit on 5/1/2011 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

No, if anything it means the rant forum should be removed and any rants associated with a specific forum should go into the relevant forum. For example this one going into the P&P’s forum.

By moving threads like these into the rant forum they lose their contest and the threads I am outing have a unfair advantage as in anyone who doesn’t bother with BTS isn’t aware of what I am saying or give the opportunity to contribute.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No, if anything it means the rant forum should be removed and any rants associated with a specific forum should go into the relevant forum. For example this one going into the P&P’s forum.

By moving threads like these into the rant forum they lose their contest and the threads I am outing have a unfair advantage as in anyone who doesn’t bother with BTS isn’t aware of what I am saying or give the opportunity to contribute.

I guess that somewhat makes sense. Your alternative would be to simply argue your points in those post (P&P) since it seems to be your mission to discredit all those loons!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

But as long as ATS does indeed have a "RANT" forum you surely agree that your post is rightfully placed in such forum? All one needs to do is read the title to make such a determination.

link   

Maybe if there were a couple of extra mandatory fields to fill in when you post in the predictions forum like
Date:-
Summery of prediction:-
It would cut down on the amount of random guesswork, with a second forum "failed predictions" that they were moved to after the date specified

As a side point, you shouldn't confuse gullibility or appearing to be crazy with lack of intelligence the most academically intelligent people are just as prone to being gullible as anyone else, and as for appearing crazy intelligence seems to be a prerequisite for that
edit on 5-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

link   

That last bit, that’s what I am getting at, “his forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions”. Almost every thread in the P&P’s forum is personal predictions as such should they not all just be deleted.

As someone who posts in the "Prophecies" forum about genuine ancient prophecy, I've been grumbling about this point for ages. We've reached the stage where my threads are almost the only ones that actually match the definition of the forum.
However, the remedy is not deletion,but transfer over to "dreams and predictions", where they belong.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yes that is true to some extent I want to discredit who you call the “loons”. But think about the point I am making is a good one and relative to the predictions forum, why do people continue to believe when all prediction threads fail, epically, every time. Yes I have chosen a title that will catch peoples attention and provoke a response and yes my writing style is often sarcastic, insulting and designed to provoke. But what I am saying is correct, the point is valid and its been deliberately writing to encourage a debate and get people talking. For some this is “ranting” I would say all I am doing is instigating a discussion.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Another fantastic idea, there have been a few on this tread so far about how best to manage these prediction threads. However the moderation staff have decided that this is not relevant for the P&P’s forum and as such its stuck here so most of the people that this is targeted at won’t get the message.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes that is true to some extent I want to discredit who you call the “loons”. But think about the point I am making is a good one and relative to the predictions forum, why do people continue to believe when all prediction threads fail, epically, every time. Yes I have chosen a title that will catch peoples attention and provoke a response and yes my writing style is often sarcastic, insulting and designed to provoke. But what I am saying is correct, the point is valid and its been deliberately writing to encourage a debate and get people talking. For some this is “ranting” I would say all I am doing is instigating a discussion.

I agree with most of what you posted. I disagree that reading and/or engaging is a sign of being less than intelligent. Some people just like to be entertained.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just as an illustration that gullible doesn't necessarily mean unintelligent I would ask you to read up on Project Alpha in which James Randi fooled a large number of very respected professors into believing in telekinesis, also as a side note in the same article the fact that Uri Geller constantly used to pass tests on his "psychic ability" at Stanford University

edit on 5-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Predictions & Prophecies: This forum is for the discussion of published clairvoyant predictions from contemporary psychics and "prophets" as well as ancient prophecies and prognostications. This forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions.

That last bit, that’s what I am getting at, “his forum is not intended as a venue to post your personal predictions”. Almost every thread in the P&P’s forum is personal predictions as such should they not all just be deleted.

Believe me when I tell you staff tries to keep Prophecies & Predictions clear of personal predictions, but there's often a 'grey area', especially when biblical references are used. One would think such a source could be considered 'published'.

On the other hand, how do you feel about the Seven Fires prophecy, which, if you check out my avatar, remains of interest to me more than 5 years after I posted it? Should it also be deleted?
edit on 5/1/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

However the moderation staff have decided that this is not relevant for the P&P’s forum and as such its stuck here so most of the people that this is targeted at won’t get the message.

Wait... is this thread about a mod move or predictions? I'm getting confused.
edit on 5/1/11 by masqua because: sp

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

However the moderation staff have decided that this is not relevant for the P&P’s forum and as such its stuck here so most of the people that this is targeted at won’t get the message.

Wait... is this thread about a mod move or predictions? I'm getting confused.
edit on 5/1/11 by masqua because: sp

Hehe! I smell a "Rant" !!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Believe me when I tell you staff tries to keep Prophecies & Predictions clear of personal predictions, but there's often a 'grey area',

So how was this one a grey area?

The following is a collection of dreams...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Again I get fed up of going over this but ATS needs people like me who will point out the fallacy of a thread even when we “don’t like it”.

so we should make you...........Ruler of ATS?

Lighten up sport. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you are witty and cleaver, you can stop by these threads and poke a good bit of fun at them while lightening the mood for everyone.

(hint: it's not all about you)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
Rock on ATS prophets

Come on its entertaining to read their predictions sometimes.Not only that but they help some people get rid of all that pent up anger by allowing them to bash their threads.

Ditto!! I read those predictions purely for entertainment... Granted some are rather interesting on how they came to there conclusion. I saw the end of the world in my alphabet soup once too... Ok maby not, but thats what some of you prophets sound like. I say everyone keep making your predictions, I will keep reading your crazy posts, and the op will keep telling you "Epic Fail".

This way everyone is happy and has there way. LoL accept the op but no one is forcing us to read these. If you don't like the topic don't open the link. Thats what I do. On a different note maby the mods could just make a prediction section.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I do think it would be more entertaining though if people were at least made to "put their money where their mouth is" so to speak by providing a simple verifiable date range and simple definition of what they will believe will happen.

We could even build a little prophecy app for phones that lets you see what prophecies are supposed to be fulfilled today and if they came true or not.

ATS prophecy app
Things to do today:-
Get caught in a 9.8 magnitude earthquake
Become ruptured

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Most of the prophecies I have seen are fun to read and some of them are even a interesting read, but yea I agree totally with the OP. I don't know why it is that everyone is so deadset on finding new and horrible things that will happen to us all.

If I were to get a dime everytime someone claims the world is going to end or some horrible disaster will partake the world at any given moment. I would not need to buy the weekly lottery tickets and get on my knees to pray for a big win, because I would be rich. And it would have been done in my 35 yrs on this planet!!

That should give you a bit of an idea on just how many people say the world is going to end.

Case in point that psycho Nancy Leider first the world was doomed to be over by the Planet Nibiru back in 2006 so it didn't happen and she moved the year to the end of the Mayan Calendar.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It would do everyone a world of good to look at the forum they are reading before ranting about hoaxes. Although the forum in question isn't supposed to be personal predictions, a lot of it is, albeit based on previously published prophecy.

Just because it makes the hot lists, doesn't mean that it's breaking news/factual/etc. Most of it is "fan fiction" and should be treated as such.

My 1/5 of a dime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join