It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel aimed to keep Gaza economy on brink of collapse'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

'Israel aimed to keep Gaza economy on brink of collapse'

www.jpost.com

In the period before Operation Cast Lead, Israeli officials said that the aim of Israel's blockade on the Gaza Strip was to keep Gaza's economy on the brink of collapse, a US diplomatic cable obtained by Norwegian paper Aftenposten revealed Wednesday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

US efforts to pressure Israel into allowing larger money transfers into Gaza were unsuccessful, according to the cable.

In December 2008, the US offered to transfer NIS 250 million in an attempt to ease the economic situation in Gaza but Maj.-Gen. (res.) Amos Gilad refused to allow the offer saying that the Palestinians should not receive anything, the cable said.

Although some say that Wikileaks merely provides info that we already know, it's good to see our conspiracies being confirmed by them. Once again, the evil intentions of the Israeli governments are exposed.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This would also indicate Wikileaks does expose Israel.

second line? i guess this is either real or staged. It affirms the suspicions and now a gov't must do what a gov't must do.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
This would also indicate Wikileaks does expose Israel.

second line? i guess this is either real or staged. It affirms the suspicions and now a gov't must do what a gov't must do.

Definitely agree. However, I know most pro-Israel and Zionists like phatpackage will write this off as a lie or say something outrageous like "Gaza doesn't deserve it. The money will go to Hamas and Hizbollah!!! What about the random rockets?!!!"
No such thing as fair in propaganda.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Looks like it was done to get Fatah bak in power in Gaza.. I wonder why.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How Ironic - the Jews of all people are creating a Getto!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiseupall
How Ironic - the Jews of all people are creating a Getto!

Lol its not entirely one seided there... Israel is helping build a state of the art palestinian city in the West Bank. This boils down to Hamas / Israel and their inability to stop killing each other in an effort to see wh has the bigger balls.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If you look at the original map of when Isreal was given their own state after WW 11 in 1947/48 you can see how much they have encroached on Palastinian Territory by comparing it to todays map. By all conventions, it is classed as illigal occupation of anothers land. America has worked hand in hand with Isreal to enable this for strategic purposes and only ever showed the world their biased news coverage to hide the fact that what they are doing there is nothing short of outrageous hence the hate campaigns against America.
I'm sorry but I believe it is 'One Sided' America is afraid of Isreal and they have all the military might and even supply Isreal with aircraft and weaponry - The Palastinians only have 'Stones' and a few guns - NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL BALLS.
I'm sixtyone year old and have followed what's going on there for a long time - I don't claim to be an expert (far from it) but I see with my eyes (maps, stones, genocide) and hear with my ears all the PROPOGANDA.
Still believe these Jews who are contributing to this have a very short memory but it's good to see that many of them are now refusing to be part of it all and have an action group to that end. No doubt they will be classed as unpatriotic and not really Jewish. But I say good luck to them and for the sake of the Palastinians I hope they have an impact.

top topics

join