It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks' Most Terrifying Revelation: Just How Much Our Government Lies to Us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My favorite little lie Wikileaks exposed was that the Patriot Missile Defense we put in Poland because they wanted it to protect them......

Was actually empty missile tubes and there never was 1 Patriot missile in Poland. Ha ha ha ha!!!

I wonder how much $$$$ we scammed out of Poland over that little boondoggle??!!!

Imagine the Army Soldiers who had to pretend there were missiles in those Patriot launchers every day....bet he was praying to GOD every day Russia never attacked...he would have been d-e-a-d.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
My favorite little lie Wikileaks exposed was that the Patriot Missile Defense we put in Poland because they wanted it to protect them......

Was actually empty missile tubes and there never was 1 Patriot missile in Poland. Ha ha ha ha!!!

I wonder how much $$$$ we scammed out of Poland over that little boondoggle??!!!

Probably nothing, I'm sure it was on us. (US Taxpayer)
I wonder how much that cost us.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

While partially being right you have to read between the lines as to what this article, and it's authors are saying.

Now read this part...

Do you believe that it is in Americans' interest to allow a small group of U.S. leaders to unilaterally murder, maim, imprison and/or torture anyone they choose anywhere in the world, without the knowledge let alone oversight of their citizens or ]the international community? And, despite their proven record of failure to protect America -- from Indochina to Iran to Iraq -- do you believe they should be permitted to clandestinely expand their war-making without informed public debate? If so, you are betraying the principles upon which America was founded, endangering your nation, and displaying a distinctly "unamerican" subservience to unaccountable authority. But if you oppose autocratic power, you are called to support Wikileaks and others trying to limit U.S. Executive Branch mass murder abroad and failure to protect Americans at home.

www.alternet.org...

I am highlighting that part simply because it clearly conveys part of the reason the authors posted this.

The international community SHOULD NOT be able to oversight, or know everything the U.S. does.

Do you people actually believe that every government is completely open to it's people?... that they don't have secrets?...

I am not saying that AMERICANS should just do what the government says, or believe it all, but neither do I agree with the author of that article in their claim that the "international community should be able to know, and oversight what the U.S. does"...

This to me is merely another campaign to indoctrinate people into believing that every country, including the U.S. should be part of a One World Government, where a group of people will have knowledge, oversight and CONTROL over all the nations in the world.

There are some things that should really be a secret, but only things that REALLY have to do with national security, and not the excuses the government, and in fact all governments are doing the same, which end goal is to restrict freedoms and have more control, which in itself the changes the Obama administration is doing is towards making the U.S. part of this One World Government so many other U.S. presidents have also talked about.

You think the people who wrote that article have in mind a different goal from that of the rich elites?... No, they all are proposing a One World Government.

edit on 6-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

Saying that is okay if you are an American, but not if you are for instance an Iranian, where the [rest of the world] including the US is demanding to know what Iran's nuclear purpose is. It is no use pointing at the ayatollah for his anti-American periodical rants, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who insists that his programme is for peaceful energy as being an indicator of anything ultimately sinister, (more like deliberately confusing), yet other countries, and especially the US and interlopers do just that. It's the old WMD theme all over again.
edit on 6-1-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Actually, Roswell WAS a weather "balloon". But it was sent from another galaxy!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

well if we think that just the people in power are tell lies, we are all deluding are selfs. we tell are self lies all the time, so its not that hard to see that if we find so easy to lie to are selfs, we have no problem lieing to others. the people who take positions in power, they may start out with good intentions, but soon they will become corrupt. you know the saying, the road to ruin is lined with good intentions. Gary13

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is sad. Not because there has been official documented proof that our Government is lying to us but that the notion has been made public yet it is not enough for people to react. What will it take for us to step up?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xanaoded

What will it take for us to step up?

A plan.

One that: is clear, simple and easy to implement; doesn't involve personal sacrifice; has a reasonable expectation of success; promises a quick turnaround.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well, yes a Plan is a great start ... but we also need a method to get that plan out to the people and a way for them to act on it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bill1962

Ever heard of the Internet?

(Sorry, just had to say it.)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join