It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks' Most Terrifying Revelation: Just How Much Our Government Lies to Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

WikiLeaks' Most Terrifying Revelation: Just How Much Our Government Lies to Us

www.alternet.org

Both the Wikileaks Iraqi and Afghan War Logs, in short, have revealed that the entire U.S. Executive is a "vast lying machine", as journalist David Halberstam described the U.S. military in his affadavit for the CBS vs. Westmoreland trial. It must be understood that “truth” vs. “lies” is not even an operational category within the Executive Branch or military. The purpose of communicating with the public is not to provide them with truthful information but rather to advance “the mission”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yep-yep...

But of course we see NONE of this being talked about on any of the corpomedia outlets. No discussion about the MATERIAL, just personal childish nonsense about Assange.

And this is, as this article alludes to, because these outlets are basically extensional ARMS of the Executive branch and its string pullers in the mega corps and war industry.

So MASSIVE lies and cover-ups abound in these DISASTROUS foreign invasions, and this secrecy is precisely WHY we find ourselves STILL funneling billions of tax-payer dollars into these debacles, even though the vast majority of the citizenry have been saying bring the troops home for ages now.

Do NOT let the media shills distract you from the crux of what is happening here people-This is disgusting and evil beyond words, and we need to keep the exposure on these people, around the clock. That is why they are trying so hard to shut this down.

Their pathological lies which are creating UNTOLD death, suffering, and perpetual debt-serfdom to us all must not be allowed to continue on like this in the shadows.

www.alternet.org (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Right on target man,
All MSM is funneled through DOD/Administration.
The Government ONLY LIES.
They are incapable of telling the truth, if
they did, their house of cards would come crashing down.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

David Icke has had it nailed for years!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Military takeover of the media started after the Vietnam war as losing support back home was considered the enemy that made them withdraw. Project Mockingbird was the start, it has just gotten more persuasive and full of it since then. It is going to take some time to turn this tide around but at least the information has started to leak out. While American media might not say much, I expect the international community will pick it up a lot better and help with the pressure to reform.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
One just simply needs to take a look at all declassified US documents and stories of the past century to see that lying seems to be the only thing the government is good at- besides killing untold amounts of people, including their own.

This is why no one should ever believe a single word that comes out of the mouth of a government official. They have lied in the past... they are lying now... and they will continue to lie until the machine is brought down.

The real problem here is that the only way to get to the top of the pyramid is to be greedy, selfish, narcissistic, and to lie- so naturally, in the end.... most governments are populated by complete psychopaths who have absolutely no conscience or issue doing anything to advance their own goals. In fact... I wouldn't be surprised if most government officials are on the same psychopathic level as Stalin or Hitler.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Yes, as they have said for years..

How do you know when a politician is lying??
Their lips are moving...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A really solid quote i love. A people should not dear it's government. Government should dear it's people. So long as they are in power, and CAN lie they will. What you gonna do to stop them right? They have the power and we don't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A really solid quote i love. A people should not fear it's government. Government should fear it's people. So long as they are in power, and CAN lie they will. What you gonna do to stop them right? They have the power and we don't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Welcome to the real world.. Still amazes me that the majority believe the lies of the government ...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
But of course we see NONE of this being talked about on any of the corpomedia outlets.
Jon Stewart discussed it at some length.

He basically couldn't understand why anybody would be surprised that the government was lying to us when we've known it for decades, and that anybody that didn't know it before the Assange leaks must have been living in a cave.

So he painted it as a revelation that's not. (a revelation) But I didn't see it discussed elsewhere as candidly as he discussed it.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have my suspicions about Wikileaks being who they portray to be...

But at the same time, if Assange is not who/what he fronts to the public as being; that seems to entail there is some in-fighting going on. He seems to be both the hero, and the patsy. Manning a scapegoat.

I come to ATS for my news bulletins before I strike out into my ever growing alternative news sites on the web.

That stuff about BofA, I think is a decoy. I believe the target bank (insurance) is Goldman Sachs.

Thanks for your work OP.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well I'm not sure,if you listen enough and close enough,they tell you they're full of you know what. Was this a slip or was this guy just an idiot? I think it was a classic slip ole George is just repeating a phrase he had been told over and over again.

edit on 1/5/11 by nickoli because: sp

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

You have those suspicions because they were PUT into your head.

I do not care who they are as long as the message comes out like it should.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

hahaahha,that was a nice video ,,,tnx for that ,it's funny how sheeple clap the hands after he said that

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm glad that this is coming to light and that Wikileaks has shown just how much they lie. Frankly, though, I pegged the government for a giant pack of liars when I heard about the duck-and-cover campaigns of the 1950s and Roswell being a weather balloon.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
But of course we see NONE of this being talked about on any of the corpomedia outlets.
Jon Stewart discussed it at some length.

He basically couldn't understand why anybody would be surprised that the government was lying to us when we've known it for decades, and that anybody that didn't know it before the Assange leaks must have been living in a cave.

So he painted it as a revelation that's not. (a revelation) But I didn't see it discussed elsewhere as candidly as he discussed it.

Arbitrageur, do you know when that show aired? I would like to see this clip.

It's pretty pathetic when our most honest mainstream news reporting comes in the form of a comedian, but that is precisely what it has become.

During the ever-criminalistic and disastrous Bush regime years, Stewart was far and away the most honest reporter of Dubyas and his cronies endless corruption and crimes.

Stewart is awesome.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrayZ
A really solid quote i love. A people should not dear it's government. Government should dear it's people. So long as they are in power, and CAN lie they will. What you gonna do to stop them right? They have the power and we don't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com[more

As long as the people with guns obey their commands, they hold power. If you take away the brainwashed military and police, all you have left, is a small group of old people in need of mental rehabilitation. Perhaps, in the future, the white house might be used as a day care facility for these sociopathic politicians. No need to punish them or seek revenge....just let them run around in their underwear shooting toy guns at eachother. We'll give them a big stack of paper with crayons and let them right all the laws they want. Once a week, we can collect their scribblings, and throw them in the recycle bin.

edit on 5-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I watched a documentary last night called "Control Room" about Al-Jazeera and the Iraq war. One of the managers pointed out that anyone waging war without controlling the media and generating propaganda was NOT doing their job.

S&F btw

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

You sir, have placed the blame right whete it belongs!
Its a mad mad mad world!
Psychology has failer modern society!
The people who should have been shouting this from the rooftops for decades, havent let out so much as a peep!
The psychopaths have taken over!
Show me more than a handfull of normal, compassionate, and reasonably honest people within the high offices of the power structure!True to their corporate masters they willingly sell the future of the nation to conscienceless corporations for a mess of potage!
The upside down nature of the social system is its own downfall.
The whole thing is suicidal in nature.
The obvious conclusion to all this corruption, and self agrandizing is our destruction and impoverishment!
It makes no sernse!
Surely the problem has become obvious to enough good men by now.....i believe they WILL step up, but i pray it doesnt happen too late.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join