It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avian and Aquatic deaths reported across the Globe - What could be the cause?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
BIRDS

Arkansas – 5000 +
www.cnn.com...

Louisiana – 500 +
www.2theadvocate.com...

Kentucky – dozens
www.wpsdlocal6.com...

New Zealand
www.stuff.co.nz...

Japan and Hong Kong, (H1N1 blamed)
www.nytimes.com...

Germany
www.presseportal.de...

UK
news.bbc.co.uk...

North Carolina - hundreds of Pelicans (autopsy have ruled out humans killing birds)
www.carteretnewstimes.com...
t

Italy - 300 doves
www.geapress.org...

Mammals

Bats in Arizona:
www.azcentral.com...

Bats in New Hampshire
www.wildlife.state.nh.us...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
FISH & SEA LIFE

Arkansas
www.todaysthv.com...

Fish in Maryland
www.wbaltv.com...

Florida
www.wftv.com...

More Florida
www.cfnews13.com...

Texas
www.ksat.com...

Indiana
www.wndu.com...

Brazil, 100 tons of dead fish was ashore in the last week.
www.parana-online.com.br...
S+NO+LITORAL

New Zealand
www.nzherald.co.nz...
www.3news.co.nz...
t.aspx

New Zealand
www.stuff.co.nz...

Canada
www.torontosun.com...

Australia
www.themorningbulletin.com.au...

More Australia
www.smh.com.au...

UK
www.bymnews.com...

More in UK
www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
More in UK
www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...
bank-park-lake-after-water-freezes-over-100252-27879505/

100,000 fish in Italy
www.bymnews.com...

Viet Nam (150 Tons)
business.asiaone.com...

Philippines
globalnation.inquirer.net...

Haiti
www.france24.com...

Florida Manatee deaths
www.orlandosentinel.com...

Starfish, jellyfish
www.abcnews4.com...

Whales
www.mysailing.com.au...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What is going on? Are these deaths merely coincidence, or something more. Could it be due to the changing weather patterns that the Earth is experiencing? Could the Magnetic field that surrounds the planet be causing this? Could it be something more man made? Could it be something...out of this world?

To be honest, I don't know. No one knows. Hopefully evidence will be compiled and it will all simply turn out to be coincidence. Let us hope.
edit on 4-1-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I agree, very strange times ahead indeed.. I haven't been informed of any "outbreaks" of anything here in Australia. We have lots of fish and bird species here, and I've never noticed anything in recent years.. I will keep a look out for signs though.

I've contemplated everything from HAARP or some other form of discordant ionospheric phenomena..

A new communicable disease which prevents detection?

Global temperature fluctuations causing stress in various species?

One thing we do have a lot of in Australia at the moment is Locusts.. in some areas plague proportions have been reported. I'm not sure if thats a help to the story..

I really have no idea, but will continue keeping an eye on the subject very closely.

Thanks for getting the numbers and details into a central place where we can document further goings-on

S&F

PS just noticed you actually did include some links to articles regarding Australia, very interesting indeed.. Will definitely have me keeping a close eye on this one..
edit on 4-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
releasing misquitos to silently filter out deaths is so inconvenient with all of those damn birds eating the g-m-osquitos (but thats just looking at the most nefgarious possibility.)
there is also shoddy waste techniques..all..affecting...everything at the same time. weirder stuff has happened right?
you could take the media pov and ignore it, and become distracted by dancing with the stars, just birds after all
you can blame bp ( a looot are)
you can blame plate-tectonics
you could blame obama
or you could say god is pissed

either way it goes, we are still pointing the blame rather than discussing how we are going to compensate for so many bug-eaters and seed-spreaders, and homeless food going missing?
we need those birds more than we need lady gaga, and that makes me happy, but people with skewed priorities ruffle my feathers. oh that was too soon

havnt heard anyone blame haarp....nope mispoke, that was one of the first ones.
my prediction-more to come. they will turn the fear factor on as it actually gets bad, saying things like "we dismissed reports foolishly failing to see the impending pandemic that has crippled many parts of the world. oh woe is me, how could we be so arrogant? maybe they were just told to ignore it. good track-record for jumping when instructed. pretty soon they will jump before their masters even tell them to

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well Folks has anyone ever considered the fact that the people who scream ICE AGE maybe right.seems like in every case of die off so far they blame it on extreme cold.Now this makes me wonder as i was watching the weather here they said a arctic express will come down into the lower 48 this weekend.

Maybe just maybe there may be some credit to the mini ice age thing.Alot of the die offs are occuring in places that are usually warm or tolerable this time of year.

Or #2 the leats of my favorite the BP oil spill has killed the gulf stream and that movie the day after tommorow is starting to take place

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Okay, some of the Australian stuff can be explained.. Living down south I didn't make the flood connection until it slapped me in the face..

No water quality data was collected, however, it is expected the fish deaths were a natural occurrence due to inundation of grassed areas with rotting vegetation causing low oxygen levels.

One new problem, is that was far North.. there's reports of the same thing happening in Southern rivers quite close to where I am.

VICTORIA'S environment watchdog is investigating water quality problems in the Goulburn River, which have caused hundreds of fish to die in recent days.

Local experts believe a ''blackwater event'' has struck the Goulburn, in the wake of massive floods that have come down the river.

Blackwater Event

Blackwater is a term dating to at least the 1970s[1] used to describe wastewater containing fecal matter and urine. It is also known as brown water, foul water, or sewage. It is distinct from greywater or sullage, the residues of washing processes.

Blackwater contains pathogens which need to decompose before they can be released safely into the environment. It is difficult to process blackwater if it contains a large quantity of excess water, or if it must be processed quickly, because of the high concentrations of organic material.

Hope this sheds a bit more light on possible causes, considering Australia is not the only country to be dealing with excessive flooding currently.

Still seems unlikely to me though.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Fracking! Spread the word.

Learn

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was waiting for someone to start this thread unifying this phenomena. I would suggest that the only commonality among all of these events is that the navigational mechanism of all of these different species is impacted by the Earths magnetic field. Some species being more sensitive than others, and some 'spots' or regions having magnetic fluctuations that are not permanent. A disruption of sorts may cause a flock of birds to flu into the ground or a school of fish to beach themselves. Astronomical or solar activity could cause these fluctuations or they could potentially be manufactured. But this is just a guess which I imagine could be measured. The beginnings of a polar shift? The book of Revelation? Nibiru? I don't know, but it is something to certainly be watchful of just as the miner would be watchful of the canary. I wonder if there is any increase in crop circles lately?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Has anyone considered a possible magnetic pole reversal? If these birds and bats are starting to lose their sense of direction mid, could that cause them to fall? Just a thought. I also have been wondering if there are some large cloaked craft hovering in our skies that we cannot see. I know that one is a bit of a stretch but my mind has had a hard time being at ease with how things are lately.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

Fracking! Spread the word.

Learn

you might want to go a bit more into detail with that

Many non-uptodate

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That's what I think it is. Weather related. Not global warming, maybe, though, eventual global cooling, but for sure!! Global Climate Change. The rest of the reasons, why this change is happening?...........

Or it could be the "end of the world" ala Hopis, Mayans, Christians, Muslims..............whatever, there is no denying that there is a great change going on.

I might believe that cold weather killed mostly red winged black birds, and not other species, when some educated wildlife folks can actually document this assertion.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

Interesting thoughts.
I haven't done much research into pole reversals, however, my grandson's compass still shows that north is "still up there, and not down there".
Just saying............I have read a little about pole reversals, and the idea that the poles have reversed is do to shiftings of rocks. Not all.........just those with the right minerals in them.

So..............why does my grandson's compass still work, or, maybe not work anymore. lol

I thought the end of that last comment was humorous. That's the reason for the lol. But seriously, wouldn't the various types of compasses show that the shift happened?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wish I knew the cause, but there seem to be a lot of threads about this happening right now, with many different theories as to what may be behind it.

Creepy if you ask me, Could just be the start of something, or maybe all just unrelated coincidences.

Funny thing is, we will probably never know for sure. Interesting times, folks.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I too was waiting on someone to start this thread. Along with others, I have considered HAARP, a mini ice age, atmospheric changes, etc. I like the magnetic field idea and the fact that it would affect both species. This is certainly not scientific, but I've got a bad gut feeling about this affecting all of us in the not too distant future. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The seven deads birds in germany were apparently caused by someone posiining them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Plotted some of the events in North America here:

map

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

i believe the weather and climate changes every now and then.. and those are the aftermath. and its getting worst., might be the change of the rotation of the earth. the north will change to south and vice versa... and now.. its getting worst...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...

Any problem with the magnetosphere?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join