It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great NEWS-Listen up LEO's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just received some GREAT news in my email. Being a member I will post the whole thing. They want to get the word out.

For Immediate Release:

On Sunday July 4th, 2010, a law abiding Wisconsin woman, who was open carrying for personal protection during her daily activities, was illegally stopped and taken from her vehicle at gunpoint by Brookfield Police Officers after she was leaving a church service.

As open-carry is perfectly legal in Wisconsin and the officers were aware she (a Wisconsin Carry member) had threatened no one and caused no disturbance, the officers had no reasonable articulable suspicion (RAS) which the law requires, to stop and detain our member against her will. In addition, by drawing their guns on a law-abiding citizen who had done nothing wrong, the officers used an unlawful threat of deadly force during their detainment of our member. The police proceeded to, without reasonable suspicion or probable cause that any crime had occurred, conduct an illegal and unconstitutional search of our member's person and car. Our member was then unlawfully arrested and taken to the Brookfield Police Department for processing. No charges were ever filed.

On October 7th, 2010 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. filed a federal lawsuit against the City of Brookfield and 4 officers involved in the illegal arrest/search of our member.

A copy of that lawsuit can be viewed here:

www.wisconsincarry.org...

Today, on behalf of Wisconsin Carry's thousands of members, in every county, all across the state, and law-abiding citizens who legally exercise their right to carry in Wisconsin we are pleased to announce that a judgment of $7,500 has been entered in United States District Court against The City of Brookfield. A copy of this judgment can be viewed here:

This $7,500 judgment against Brookfield follows a judgment of $10,000 that was entered against The City of Racine for a similar unlawful arrest of one of our members and subsequent lawsuit filed by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. in January of 2010. A copy of that judgment can be viewed here.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. currently has pending federal lawsuits against The City of Madison, Madison Police Chief Noble Wray, The City of Milwaukee, The City of Manitowoc, and the City of Greenfield for actions that violate the constitutional rights of law-abiding Wisconsin residents who exercise their right to carry. A copy of those lawsuits can be viewed here:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the preservation and reclamation of the rights of law-abiding Wisconsin residents to carry in the manner of their choosing. We believe that "open carry" and "concealed carry"
are choices to be made by law-abiding citizens based on their situation and preference. Wisconsin Carry, like many gun-rights organizations in Wisconsin, is investing a great deal of resources to get Wisconsin law changed to allow concealed carry this next legislative session by proposing Constitutional Carry.
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. will continue to use legal recourse to deter unlawful treatment of law-abiding Wisconsin residents who currently exercise their right to open carry, and soon will exercise their right to concealed carry in Wisconsin.

Carry On,

Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

The incident mentioned in regards to the Madison Wisconsin Culver's case, can be read about here, I wrote a thread on it, also mnemeth wrote one also that got a lot more attention-
New Charges Filed In Culver's Open Carry Case

Now for the LEO's, the next time you see someone open carrying, it DOES NOT give you the right to pull your guns on them. It does not give you the right to arrest them or take their weapons. It is NOT against the law to exercise our GOD GIVEN rights of self protection.

Let me post this for you if you cannot remember it-

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I suggested to the group that they should add a rider onto the lawsuit. That the people would forestall any monetary compensation if they put advertisements in all the Wisconsin papers and on area Radio Stations and Television stations to inform the police and the people of their rights. The pres though it was a great idea and he passed it on to the lawyers and the victims. Will be waiting for baited breath on that case.

Woo HOO, let's get these lawbreakers!

EDIT TO ADD-

I think the officers should be gone after in both criminal courts and civil courts. As one officer told me once, hey just because you did not know it was against the law don't mean #

So, I would suggest possible charges of false arrest, kidnapping, false imprisonment plus a couple more. I think I am going to do some research and send this off. Time to make the LEO's afraid of breaking the law also. Maybe they will quit being the enforcers of the criminal government.
edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Are those who open carry a firearm required to have their permit on their person when armed ?

I am not a U.S citizen so forgive my ignorance of the subject.

As someone who exercises this right, how often do you encounter other members of the public openly carrying a weapon ?

Thanks AHFF

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Flagged: Love that particular culvers.when ever we are down in that area.....
open carr has been a an unfunny joke here.(wi)..
" you don't have a right to even apply to carry concealed"
Uh the second amendment..."
Oh you do have the right to open carry"...
untilsome antigunner panics:"hello911 theres man with a sidearm in the restaraunt".
. "Disturbing the peace"you 're under arrest.

Here's
to "Progress"!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Are those who open carry a firearm required to have their permit on their person when armed ?

As someone who exercises this right, how often do you encounter other members of the public openly carrying a weapon ?

Thanks AHFF

Not once...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

awesome.

Too bad our obscene system of justice must rob from the community which was harmed in order to pay those who were harmed.

Proper justice would be for the police officers in question to be fired and to then be personally fined for the damages, which they must pay back after getting a job in the private sector.

now that would be justice.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

That is why I added the part about going after the officers instead of the community.

OOPS, I thought I added a part about going after the officers. Adding it now!

I am thinking of investigating the laws in regards to the criminal actions of the officers, put that together and send it off to the president of the group.

We need to make the officers pay for their criminal behavior, not the community, the community is not the one that broke the law.

Thanks for the comment, if you want add your thread link in your comment. You had gotten a lot more interest in that thread compared to mine.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

In some states you only need a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Others you need one to carry it "opened"
But in some states like Main and (last i looked) Connecticut you can carry "open" with out a permit.

You need one to carry if its concealed in Main and Connecticut but not if it is un-concealed (they will still try to put you in jail because most cops don't know the law that well.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Thanks AHFF

No, you are not required to carry a permit to open carry. I do not know if it goes for non citizens, there is currently a case where a permanent resident non US citizen applied for a concealed carry permit that the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit for, he was denied the concealed carry permit.

Now each state is allowed to supposedly write their own laws here in the United States. But those laws cannot contradict what is in the US Constitution.

As for how often I meet other people that open carry, not that often, except for police officers.

Of course I do not think of them as fellow citizens, they do not think of me as the same as them. The LEO's that I usually meet feel threatened by open carry folks. They know I do not need their protection. I have had a couple LEO friends and they have this civilian/officer mentality. They admitted it.

See, if you have an armed society (look at Switzerland) as an example, there is not that much of a need for officers. Except of course to do investigations and pass out tax tickets (that is what I call it).

No problem about the ignorance. A lot of countries do not understand the laws of other countries. I certainly do not understand other country's laws, let alone the 600,000+ statutes we are supposed to know. As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

edit to add-the way the United States was set up, was that there would be one set of laws that restricts the rights of all the government to one set code. Then they could pass their own set of laws so they could be unique. This sets up a system where if you do not like one set of rules, you can go to another. Or if it gets so bad, that you can get into politics and change the state where attempting that on an entire nation, would be almost impossible.

This has set up the arguments between the Federalists and the Anti Federalists. Those against a powerful federal government and the rights of the individual states. This is a big thing going on in the US right now.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You don't need a permit to open carry in the United States. It's only when you carry concealed that you need a permit. There are some cities and towns that have laws against open carry so you have to know the law in whatever state or city you are in.

Thanks for the thread OP. I like reading a story where the good guy wins...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by mnemeth1

That is why I added the part about going after the officers instead of the community.

Go after the officers as individuals in your State court as well as Federal. Once we take enough boats, motorcycles, RV's, etc. from these morons, they should eventually get the gist that we're not Fing around with them. Once their wives/husbands leave them to escape the huge cost of litigation and the ensuing bankruptcy that will be necessary, the others thinking of pushing their perceived weight around may think twice....if not? Enjoy the ATV you get from the POS a-hole who believes them self to be immune to their criminality.

Their beloved unions will only stick around for so long. Once their personal ass is hung out to dry and they lose everything...maybe they'll reconsider their choice of actions.

Forgot to mention: S&F!

edit on 4-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the comments. You know who you are.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
questions answered:
thanks

kennylee
gunzcoty
saltheart foamfollower

edit on 4-1-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
You don't need a permit to open carry in the United States. It's only when you carry concealed that you need a permit. There are some cities and towns that have laws against open carry so you have to know the law in whatever state or city you are in.

Recruit, you need to stick to something you know, like latrine digging because you damn sure don't cut it as an internets lawyer.Your "sage" advice could get the troops killed or arrested.

The Major is sure that if you properly researched the subject, you would not have made such a dangerous and ignorant statement.

As the troops can plainly see, there are states that require permits to open carry, as well as states that prohibit it outright. The Major's personal view is that it is a Constitutional Right to open carry in general terms with certain restrictions like bars, government offices, and any establishment that posts against it. Since the chance of that happening is about as likely as Bill Clinton being monogamous, then the Major suggests obtaining a CCW if your state so allows. If your state doesn't allow it, move.

kennylee, drop and give the Major fifty.

Dismissed.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Major Discrepancy because: unauthorized characters

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

That is wrong! In NYS you need a permit for a "handgun". I don't think it matters if it is open or concealed. There are only two types of permits in NYS one is a premises permit and the other is a concealed carry permit.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Check this link out, It's got a map of all 50 states and the OC/CC gun laws of each particular states. check the llink.

www.opencarry.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the corrections. I forgot that I should have posted that link on the differing state laws.

BUT

Even the Major may have gotten this wrong. I am not going to tell anyone here to do anything against their state's laws or their city's laws, but by a recent Supreme Court decision, even the draconian laws of Chicago and Washington DC have been overturned. So, it is ALL in flux and that flux is gooooood.

So Major, you can give kennylee a little slack, and that is no order.

Thanks for the link the_truth_is_stranger.

Also Major thanks for the link. I know here in Wisconsin we are pushing Constitutional Carry. We do not need no stinking permit to do something that is in the Constitution! Last legislation cycle, we had the legislation on the governor's desk and he vetoed it. Well we have a Republican governor this time around!

Hear that criminals? Better leave Wisconsin, you will no longer see us open carry folks open carrying. You will not know who we are.

Oh xyankee, the great state of New York on the OTHER left coast. I feel sorry for those folks, especially with all of the other problems that state has.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Of course I do not think of them as fellow citizens, they do not think of me as the same as them. The LEO's that I usually meet feel threatened by open carry folks. They know I do not need their protection. I have had a couple LEO friends and they have this civilian/officer mentality. They admitted it.

I have had the opposite experience. "Most" of the LEOs that I know encourage everyone to exercise their right to carry. Florida does not have "open carry" laws, it must be concealed, and you must have a permit, but the LEOs encourage their friends and families to get the permits and carry their weapons.

Now, I have encountered a few officers that were extremely uncomfortable about my weapon. They still acted professionally, but I could see the tension and stress in their faces and body language, and I don't think my calm, cool demeanor helped any. It should have helped, but I think it made them even more uncomfortable. Go figure?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My dept. had a big thing about open carry here in MI. It is legal to open carry, and it is legal to open carry basically ANYWHERE. A police officer is not allowed to investigate you, or even ask for proof if its your gun, without some type of reasonable suspicion, and the reasonable suspicion cant be that they see you open carrying.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Are you allowed to open carry in New York? I don't think you are, so you have to have a permit for carrying concealed. I don't think you are allowed to openly carry in NY even with a permit. The permit is for carrying concealed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, they may encourage friends and relatives, but I have not met many that are happy about people walking around with guns. Twice in the last year, I have been approached. I talked with them, but was not told to do anything. They gave me the furtive glances.

My best guesstimate to something that was similar, was when I was dating this one girl in high school. They looked like the father.

Dang PUNK, think he can date my daughter, or think he can carry a gun. That is what it reminded me of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join