It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great NEWS-Listen up LEO's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

Defending the God given rights of an individual is not "liberal" nor "conservative".

It is our duty.
edit on 6-1-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

When a person committs a FELONY, this is usually a serious (and usually violent) crime. If you do this in the USA, Im sorry, but you no longer have a "God-given" right to carry a firearm. In many states you can no longer vote. This is your punishment for alienating the "God given" rights of another citizen.

If you wish to retain these rights, its easy. NEVER COMMIT A FELONY IN THE FIRST PLACE. IF YOU DID YOU ARE/WERE THE AGGRESSOR, AND LOSE YOUR RIGHTS AS PUNISHMENT.

"Oh whaaa, its so unfair, I put someone in a coma by stabbing them, or I raped someone, and now im not allowed to own a gun." Cry me a freakin river.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Yeah but you forget the fact that our whole "justice system" is so screwed beyond belief, that many "convicted felons" were only guilty of not having the money to hire a defense firm. There is evidence of this all the time, with people being freed after spending years in prison for felonies, only to be proven innocent by virtue of DNA testing....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Thank you for the answer, So does that mean I can open carry anywhere except my car? lol if the gun is holstered does that mean it is concealed? The law is hard to follow, you can do this.. but not that... except when there is a full moon during the first week of the summer solstice..or christmas falls on the second tuesday of the week.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well, detaining her and searching her vehicle was obviously in the wrong, however...
A LEO can pull their weapon if they suspect the perp to be armed or dangerous. I see no problem in a traffic stop if the woman was armed and they pulled their weapons. The LEO was just looking out for his own safety. I think rather than going and detaining her, the best option should've been to call backup, pull her out, take her weapon ONLY while they run her tags, give her a ticket, etc. Then proceed to hand back her weapon and let her go on her merry way.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
Does anyone know the law in TX? Because I have been open carry since I got here, and no one has said anything.
I have a NYS permit which I was told I did not have to surrender and could carry in TX. I have walked right past a group of Rangers in a restaurant, open carry, and no one said a word.

Dang man. You done found civilization!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist
Well, detaining her and searching her vehicle was obviously in the wrong, however...
A LEO can pull their weapon if they suspect the perp to be armed or dangerous. I see no problem in a traffic stop if the woman was armed and they pulled their weapons. The LEO was just looking out for his own safety. I think rather than going and detaining her, the best option should've been to call backup, pull her out, take her weapon ONLY while they run her tags, give her a ticket, etc. Then proceed to hand back her weapon and let her go on her merry way.

Now you see, your whole post points out what is wrong with this country. First of all you go around using bull# language like perp. That is a citizen, and no, they do not have the right to pull their gun on someone for just using their right to open carry a firearm. That is one of the stupidest things I have heard in my entire life. So I open carry into dunkin donuts to buy a coffee, and all the cops there are justified to pull their guns on me, cuff me, take away my gun until I prove myself innocent? You are wrong sir. And the fact that people are taught to think with this flawed logic, just pisses me off. Who taught you that subservient line of thinking?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
So you think it is a good idea that they should be allowed to purchase a gun and carry it around Day 1 out of prison??
edit on 5-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: the more i read, the more i saw

Yes.

They have either paid there debt to society and should have every right everyone else has or they havent and should not be released. Most felons werent convicted of a violent crime, huge amounts of prisoiners are there for relitivly minor "crimes" Pot, drugs, DUIs, etc and another huge portion are minor thefts, etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Now you see, your whole post points out what is wrong with this country. First of all you go around using bull# language like perp. That is a citizen, and no, they do not have the right to pull their gun on someone for just using their right to open carry a firearm. That is one of the stupidest things I have heard in my entire life. So I open carry into dunkin donuts to buy a coffee, and all the cops there are justified to pull their guns on me, cuff me, take away my gun until I prove myself innocent? You are wrong sir. And the fact that people are taught to think with this flawed logic, just pisses me off. Who taught you that subservient line of thinking?

So, let the guy have his gun.
Let the guy pull it out of his holster as you approach with the ticket.
And splat, brains on the pavement. You know, people get upset when you give 'em a ticket, so I don't think a handy ol' gun on their hip is always the best thing. Now, yeah, a guy with a gun in Dunkin Donuts. I don't think he's gonna get angry all the sudden and pull his weapon like if you get a ticket, that is unless his bagel is a lil' undercooked. See, the thing is the LEO has a very good chance of being killed by road rage, and it's not like a Dunkin customer wanting a coffee...
I'm not saying until you prove your innocence, you are not getting arrested. You are being held until the LEO is done with his job, then you are released.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarist

So because a tiny minority of people might lose control of their temper while being extortioned, I mean ticketed, than that gives police reasonable suspicion to treat us all like raving lunatics? I say no, it does not. Going by that line of thinking, I should just shoot any cop that comes within 20 feet of me because there are cops that beat, shoot tazer people without proper cause out there, and they might be one of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Sorry, I don't understand what your implying. I have lived in upstate NY for 43ys been around lots of people, with no problems. TX I am new to, so would like to know the complete law as to avoid a problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarist

What are you a kid or something? What does having a protest on taxation have to do with using a right to open carry and being treated like some dangerous criminal for it? Don't see a connection there.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Crime and punishment.

Just to reiterate the points made in the OP.

People are being arrested, accosted, detained, items stolen, all without any law being broken. The LEO's did not see a crime committed, were not told a crime was committed, had no inkling a crime was committed. Yet they went ahead and committed crimes themselves. With the knowledge a couple of times, with the leadership in the police force.

As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Are we to assume that LEO's are ABOVE THE LAW? Of course not. If they broke the law because their superiors instructed them to, does it remove their liability? NO, of course it doesn't, this could actually be considered a criminal ENTERPRISE and they could be charged with RICO enhancements. If you are going to be one of the "Law Enforcement Officers" maybe they should ACTUALLY know the law.

Back to the punishment component, if you let someone out of jail, you do not clear their record. That is for the purpose of future possible crime punishment enhancements right?

The WHOLE purpose the liberal appliance of punishment by letting people out early and having a HUGE social services component managing parolees and probationers is a SCAM. How does that seem to be working? The revolving door of justice I mean.

Two classes of citizenship is BULL. You either give someone back all their rights or leave them in jail. PERIOD. If you would like, that would be a great thread and I will participate in it if someone wants to start it. But let us keep this one on point.

The criminal behavior of LEO's going after lawful citizens for exercising their rights.

Thanks again for all the comments.

As for the laws in Texas, xyankee, did you check out the links earlier in the thread?
edit on 7-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You have to be kidding me on felonies always being violent right? You have looked into what constitutes felonies now right?

But let us keep this thread on track. Go ahead and start a thread on having a tier based class system based on criminal behavior. I will participate. Put together your arguments for your case and I will come in and argue the other side. Send me a U2U when you post the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You said:

When a person committs a FELONY, this is usually a serious (and usually violent) crime.

You are wrong.
According to the D.O.J. Dept of Bureau Statistics for 2009, published on Oct. 13th, 2010:

* An estimated 4.3 million violent crimes, 15.6 million property crimes, and 133,000 personal thefts were committed against U.S. residents age 12 or older in 2009.
* About half (49%) of all violent crimes and about 40% of all property crimes were reported to the police in 2009.

That math works out to be:
15,733,000 non violent felony convictions.
4,300,000 violent felony convictions.
or
73% of all felony convictions are for non-violent offenses.
Link to Stats.

"Oh whaaa, its so unfair, I put someone in a coma by stabbing them, or I raped someone, and now im not allowed to own a gun." Cry me a freakin river.

Your quotation marks imply that I said this, which I did not.
I believe if someone were to injure another in the ways you suggest, that person, upon being proven guilty, should die.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Sorry about the off-topic post on your thread.
I couldn't let such a baseless remark go uncontested.

S&F, by the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Bull-freaking-#.

First off, drunk driving is not a nonviolent crime. Many people die from it. I got hit by a drunk driver last year...luckily I did not get seriously hurt, but my car got totaled and I got a # check from insurance. Victimless crime my ass.

Secondly, a felony is a SERIOUS offense, used for repeat offenders and serious crimes against another person.

If someone has been caught drunk driving 4 times, damn right I want them treated as a second class citizen when it comes to the roadways
If someone has been in jail for violent felony, no way in hell do I want them having access to an unrestricted weapon immediately out of prison. That is just dumb. You can tell how dumb because no one else is here helping you two defend this silly claim.

Im sorry, just because you do your punishment does not mean your original crime just "goes away". Many times people are let out of prison early, because our prison are bursting at the seams. People like you, saltheart, want less debt and government spending, but then you wonder aloud why the prison system would let out people early who are not reformed.....cant you see the flawed logic?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Yeah but you forget the fact that our whole "justice system" is so screwed beyond belief, that many "convicted felons" were only guilty of not having the money to hire a defense firm.

The exception is not the rule. The people you are talking about generally come from another generation when DNA evidence couldnt exonerate them. This is no longer the case.

Nowadays, if you are convicted of a felony, chances are pretty high that you did it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

It is the rule buddy, if you can't afford a good lawyer, chances are you are going to jail, guilty or not. Judges getting kickbacks for filling up prisons, I am sure a lot of these "low payed" court hired attorneys are getting a little something under the table too. Either that or they just don't give a crap, and want to put in their time and get it over with. The justice system, like the rest of our system is corrupted to the eyeballs.

And by the way, there was a reason they used to call being in prison "paying your debt to society". Once you were done that was it. Then along came the for profit prisons... They use political bribary to make sure stupid crimes remain crimes, bribe judges to make sure their prisons get filled. If you are too poor to pay a lawyer to give a crap about your case, you end up a statistic.
edit on Sat, 08 Jan 2011 04:42:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Is that where they came up with the saying "In a New York Minute".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join