It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great NEWS-Listen up LEO's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
reply to post by Oaktree

Bull-freaking-#.

First off, drunk driving is not a nonviolent crime. Many people die from it. I got hit by a drunk driver last year...luckily I did not get seriously hurt, but my car got totaled and I got a # check from insurance. Victimless crime my ass.

Secondly, a felony is a SERIOUS offense, used for repeat offenders and serious crimes against another person.

If someone has been caught drunk driving 4 times, damn right I want them treated as a second class citizen when it comes to the roadways
If someone has been in jail for violent felony, no way in hell do I want them having access to an unrestricted weapon immediately out of prison. That is just dumb. You can tell how dumb because no one else is here helping you two defend this silly claim.

Im sorry, just because you do your punishment does not mean your original crime just "goes away". Many times people are let out of prison early, because our prison are bursting at the seams. People like you, saltheart, want less debt and government spending, but then you wonder aloud why the prison system would let out people early who are not reformed.....cant you see the flawed logic?

Dude, I don't know where to begin on all that, except to say that not one of your scenarios listed above refers to a single comment I made. Not one.

You claimed that felonies are usually violent crimes.
I proved you were wrong.

If you don't like the way the U.S. Dept. of Justice classifies violent vs. non-violent, become a lawyer, lobbyist, or politician, and change it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Sorry, I don't understand what your implying. I have lived in upstate NY for 43ys been around lots of people, with no problems. TX I am new to, so would like to know the complete law as to avoid a problem.

I was talking civilization as far as the open carry you've experienced in TX.

Probably the best place to find out about the laws would be a shooting club. A lot of people might think the local police department would be the most logical, but frequently the cops know less about the law than you'd think.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone was interested in doing a thread on the component that was brought up regarding crime and punishment.

I would participate if requested. I think it would be a good un. Just too many threads on my plate right now.
edit on 15-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join