It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Child Apparition - RMS Queen Mary - Long Beach, CA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Source

Description w/ video: In the winter of 2008 the American Paranormal Research Association APRA conducted an Investigation of the RMS Queen Mary's First Class Pool.

The footage you are about to see was collected during a EMF sweep of the changing stalls, the only people present where two APRA Members and a Security Guard.

You will now see the raw footage of a unaccounted for "figure" sitting in one of the right hand side changing stalls.

The "figure" was not seen by the Investigator operating the camera.... She was conducting a EMF sweep (reason for bad camera work.... the device was held at her side).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1f5561018d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/881a802393f1.jpg[/atsimg]

I looked around to see if this video or story was on here but did not find anything, so if this has already been posted, I apologize.

So what does everyone think?

It definitely looks like a little girl standing there, but, could it just be shadows playing tricks with our eyes?

Hmmm, I'm not too sure so I thought I would get others opinions.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ewww. Doesnt look like a shadow in my opinion... Creepy

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The stills look pretty convincing, but when you watch the footage it looks more like a shadow because it moves with the camera light.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Definetly not a shadow! The eyes are glowing from night vision, which leads me to believe that it could be fake, as I have not read any documentation of apparitions with eyes that reflect infrared light. Either way still creepy as heck.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Could it possibly be a person - an actual person - hiding on board?

If not, thats brown pants time for me!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It is easier to see the reflection of infrared in eyes if you just play video and watch closely. I attempted to try and capture it though.

And here is the negative color added to pic. Almost invisable

And sepia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90857cb993de.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You would think doing an actual investigation they would know if there was a young child on board. Unless, of course, they had the child hide in there. But, having children myself, I know how hard it would be to get a child to hide in a dark room by herself.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Hey but I imagine that your children dont look that creepy. There was a spot in the video just as the camera picked up the face, that whatever is back there even looked more sinister.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

It does look creepy for sure.

My children shouldn't pull this off, well maybe, they have a killer look when they are mad at me.

I thought these pictures were good, glad to see others think so.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is a excellent image. Unless they can show someone was on board, that isn't a shadow (it has the shadow cast half way across its face). I'm giving it a

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by badw0lf

You would think doing an actual investigation they would know if there was a young child on board. Unless, of course, they had the child hide in there. But, having children myself, I know how hard it would be to get a child to hide in a dark room by herself.

Pred...

Yes, well I'm sure there are plenty homeless people who may just find respite on board a ship such as this, and far be it for me to claim that such investigations as this are often just bunk tos tart with.

Just an observation... lol

edit on 4/1/2011 by badw0lf because: Golly gee willikers!!! Oo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The only problem I have with this is that it looks like the person doing the video just "coincidentally" tilted the camera while it was aimed in just the right spot, to pick up the girl. I'm not saying this was set up... I know she was supposed to be doing an EVP session, but it looks a little too convenient.

However, I do know a bit about the Queen Mary and one of the most reported ghosts is that of a little girl. And honestly, that kid just looks evil! I agree with the poster who said it looks sinister! This may actually be the real deal.

You get a star.
Nice find!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
after watching about 10 times i think it's a shadow that moves when the camera moves,it could be a little girl but my first instinct says shadow.
a thought,why did the camera go in that direction in the first place ?? i find when you go ghost hunting you'll find something to show even if your not sure yourself what it is.

sometimes when you think it's a simple shadow it turns out to be something alot bigger

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

At the very end right before the camera begins to swing away I got the sense that the "being" began to stand up or move.

Could have just been an illusion caused by the camera swinging away from that area though....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I kind of get how people could figure it would just be a shadow, but to me it looks like a little girl. I'll have to watch it a few more times and see if it moves like a shadow.

Glad to see so many comments though, I thought this was a descent one.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I watched this and paused the video when seeing the girl (or shadow) and when the camera tilted down
the figure seemed to move down also, but during the more upright sequence, it definitely seemed to be a
girl there, could see her face and some of the girls hair on her head. It did seem as if the eyes were reacting
as people do who are filmed in night-vision. So I don't know - could be argued as a shadow sometimes and
figure at other times. Thanks for the video, was interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is truly a weird video! Indeed it may be a shadow, but it does look like the being or whatever it is, does seem to have some sort of gown on. A shadow does make sense, but I would think it would all be one color, not two different shades, because it also seems that the hair is black.

Im no professional at all, just my 2 cents
Hope to see some others come in here that have analyzed videos before. I've also been thinking about when these beings show up. Usually people will seem to hear something move, or the being talking, or even touched but they usually never see who does it. But it seems that when something is caught on camera or picture they usually have no idea until they go over the evidence. What I'm trying to get at is, maybe these spirits know when we sense they are there, and they obviously wont reveal themselves, but when the person isn't paying attention and randomly snaps a pic, or shifts there video camera sharply to the left or right for a momemt, they might capture that spirit off guard because they didn't think you would do that.

Not sure If i made to much sense but I hope someone will understand ^^

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

At the very end right before the camera begins to swing away I got the sense that the "being" began to stand up or move.

Could have just been an illusion caused by the camera swinging away from that area though....

I agree it looked like she or it was going to stand up as the camera moved away. Nice catch op

Not trying to take anything away from the thread, but I happened to have this photo that was also taken on the queen mary of another supposed ghost.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That's a cool picture too!!

Any background information on it?

Thanks for sharing!

Pred...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Really interesting video, I am surprised that it hasn't got more attention, considering the iPhone app picture hoaxes can run for several pages!

It really does seem genuine and very creepy! I don't think it can be a shadow, due to the eyes and I can't imagine you would get a real child to sit like that. As for the person who reckoned it could be a homeless person taking shelter, I would think it highly unlikely that a homeless child would find their way into the Queen Mary...Isn't it quite secure?

Star and flag!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join