It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Child Apparition - RMS Queen Mary - Long Beach, CA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Very nice catch op! S&F, awesome video! one of the best i have seen and in my opinion its definetely not a shadow, there is something there that looks like little girl

but am i the only one who doesnt think that it or her looks creepy or sinister?
When i look at the picture it (or her) seems more like scared sad,lonely and maybe little curious in my eyes, and that feeling i also get when looking at those pictures....
anyways great find,great footage! Cheers

edit on 1/5/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

Edit: found some more info... this was videod in the area of first class pool right?
well there have been numerous sightings of a little girl holding her teddy bear? this just might be her....
here is little more about it

www.legendsofamerica.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Thanks for the extra info
Well that certainly debunks the notion that a homeless person wandered in, if the place is a museum and hotel it is probably very secure. And I would doubt that it would have been a current guest as it would be unlikely that a young child would be hiding in an unused area of the ship.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by zoomer72

Thanks for the extra info
Well that certainly debunks the notion that a homeless person wandered in, if the place is a museum and hotel it is probably very secure. And I would doubt that it would have been a current guest as it would be unlikely that a young child would be hiding in an unused area of the ship.

My pleasure!

and found this website where is Recorded evp from queen Mary which might relate to the same girl:

www.queenmaryshadows.com...

Havent had the chance to listen to them yet but will do later today! now this little ghost has really got my interest!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I spent a weekend with family out to visit the haunted and mysterious places in california a couple of years ago. The queen mary is a big joke, they have a cheesy "haunted" tour complete with light and sounds effects, we as real fans of the supernatural were not amused. Also we went to the winchester house, which was a lot more interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's certainly a chilling video!

To me, it looks like the reflection in a mirror of a woman standing to the left of the person filming. You'd expect to find a mirror in a cubicle of the changing rooms at a swimming pool - and you'd also expect that the filmer didn't go on a ghost hunting sortie all on their lonesome!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Really creepy... looks like a little girl, but what bothers me is that she/it seems to sort of slide down the wall in a grayish blur right before the camera stops moving? Obviously not knocking it, just saying that caught my attention..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am sorry I cannot agree with the shadow theory. There is clearly a vertical shadow coming from the edge of the door jam which is casting its shadow over the humanish image behind it. Shadows dont over lay over shadows. And I will have to point out again the Infra-Red light from the camera is reflecting in the eyes of the questionable subject in the room. Which tends to leave me at the thought that a real living human is back there. Ghost or human.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Moose318 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Kinda funny how the camera 'sits' on the 'ghost' then moves off, after giving us a good 2-3 second view
Sounds like a hoax to me...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The camera doesn't actually sit on the anomoly for any length of time, it is sweeping round the room, though they do show a slowed down version after the raw footage. But just because the camera actually catches something, it doesn't mean it's a hoax!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
It's certainly a chilling video!

To me, it looks like the reflection in a mirror of a woman standing to the left of the person filming. You'd expect to find a mirror in a cubicle of the changing rooms at a swimming pool - and you'd also expect that the filmer didn't go on a ghost hunting sortie all on their lonesome!

No, the person filming was there with another ghost hunter and a security guard, like it said in the OP! And the changing cubicles would not necessarily have mirrors, I have never come across mirrors actually in the cubicles, only in the general changing area, and it certainly looks like a child, so not so sure you would take a child on a ghost hunt either.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

watch the reg time video, it sits on the person for a good 2-3 seconds

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

From the OP

The "figure" was not seen by the Investigator operating the camera.... She was conducting a EMF sweep (reason for bad camera work.... the device was held at her side).
And it certainly looks, from the small amount of footage we saw that she is "sweeping" the area. Perhaps if more of the raw footage was in the clip it would be show that the camera would focus on several areas for 2-3 secs at a time.

But I'm still not sure why you equate the camera pointing at the subject for 2-3 seconds as proof it is a hoax?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think its creepy but i would like to go here myself but its a bit far away. Is there anything about children haunting this ship or is this the 1st this child has been seen?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BURNZYY

Zoomer72 posted some more information about this...it's at the top of this page!!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sorry @ destination now

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BURNZYY

No problem....I'm just a bit OCD about people not reading the whole thread so I get a bit angsty

Welcome by the way, glad to see another Scot...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
I'm just a bit OCD about people not reading the whole thread so I get a bit angsty

Haha! Yes, that's noticeable.

So instead of shooting everyone else's explanations down in flames, would you care to venture a conclusion or opinion of your own on the footage?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Sorry, didn't mean to shoot anyone down in flames, I know I come across quite sharply at times, it's not meant badly though. Well I don't think it is a homeless person, or a child that has sneaked in. I agree it could be a shadow or a trick of the light, but the eyes are what really get me, and the image just gives me the shivers, like very few of these ghost vids and pics do. I showed it to my daughter who is also very skeptical of most paranormal stuff on the web, and like me, it scared her. Not that I think the anomoly is anything to be scared of, obviously it couldn't do anyone any harm, but I just felt it was the real deal, the most authentic capture of a "ghost" that I have seen in a long time

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
To me i think it could be the apparition of a girl but thats me only saying this because it says on this thread that there has been multiple sightings of this girl. And no problem i think i did see the post but just skimmed by it

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BURNZYY

And no problem i think i did see the post but just skimmed by it

Post skimming...sacrilege...

I know what you mean though about seeing the girl because we've been told it's a girl. However, it is rare I see a so-called ghost picture these days and actually think "wow" It would be interesting to find out the actual history of the children who have died on the boat. From what I understand from the extra information, there are two, one who drowned in the second class pool, who has the name Jackie and is heard laughing and the other girl, who is seen in the first class pool clutching a teddy bear, and as this was the first class pool changing area, I suppose we have to assume it is her - she looks far from happy though - so it would be interesting to find out what happened to her.

To answer zoomer's previous question about her looking sad rather than sinister, yes I agree, but I also find the image quite scary, not so much because I think "she is evil" so to speak, more why would she still be earthbound (if such things as earthbound spirits exist, which I'm sure they do) How long has she been there? I can't imagine anything worse for a child who has died, to roam around the place of her demise for so long after her death, how lonely and frightening that would be, and I wonder if that aspect is what really creeps people out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join