It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: US targets EU over GM crops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If the European Union was just a little bit more united, and a little bit more mighty, then we could've given the US the finger in cases like these. Just saying.

And good on the Vatican's people for saying no to the crap.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by thecinic

You know what is missing? The grazing herds. Without them, the soil is not replenished.

I live in a town that if the wind blows more than 15 mph, the whole sky turns red. Those Iraq sandstorms? Yeah, i see them about once a year or two. Ever seen it rain mud? Know what causes that? Soil erosion. They never rotate the land out, ajust keep fertilizing it and watching the topsoil blow into Hill Country.

On a side note.
Couldn't that also account for a portion of the rising sea levels we are experiencing?
If soil erosion keeps blowing the sand into the sea on several different locations around the world, how long before it starts making an impact on the sea levels?

That is a great point. During the dust bowl, a couple of feet of our heartlands' topsoil ended up in the Atlantic.

There was a study done, and a system created around, herd animals being necessary for a thriving grassland and agricultural system. The action of the hooves stomping on the feces and plant matter, mixing it up...it is the ideal for keeping soil fertile.

Then you have to take into account the concept of "mature water". Without it, you end up with the white crust that the Sumerians battled. Even though we use better water, there are issues with using irrigation instead of having rain. But that is another story.

The way we rotate land is inefficient and does not create the greatest yield over the medium to long term. With the exception of the more grassy crops, like alfalfa.

I also believe, living in the middle of cotton country, that cotton is murder for the ecosystem. There are alternatives that don't take nearly as much from the soil, and require far less chemical support (boll weevils are a real problem here in Texas).

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

...be assured that i am not looking for violence and will only meet what is brought in that regard.
[/quote

Point taken.

My point is that the battle is being fought in the legal arena, behind closed doors, and camouflaged as "Free Trade " deals. In this case, negotiations for the North American Union.

Terms are being established to support global corporations ability to profit, and to "harmonize" the laws in Canada, Mexico and the USA. ...What's on the table besides individual Rights and Freedoms and Public Health?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is in fact a very important cable. It confirms what we already knew: the US is ruled by corporations: banks, biotechs, pharmaceuticals, the Israel lobby. The US governments represents the interests of all but the American people.

We don't want your trash Monsanto. Unfortunately, the EU is full of US puppet states who are more than eager to adopt this crap.

Some related news:

Australia is playing with fire by relaxing its standards on genetically-modified organisms (GMO). According to a recent report in The Australian, both Europe and Japan may cancel their non-GMO grain contracts with Australian growers because of GM contamination, including the recent case of Steve Marsh who lost his organic certification due to GM canola invading his fields..

source
edit on 4-1-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Great find Mdv2. S&

...That's one of the major problems of course - GM and GE crops tend to contaminate everything in the wind's path, or within flying distance of bees and other pollinators. Then Monsanto turns around and sues farmers for growing crops contaminated by their gross GM dross.

Go figure.

...Sorry that Australia is biting the bullet again.

edit on 6/1/11 by soficrow because: wd

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Not trying to be rude, but you sound like an ignorant buffoon, if you don't understand the perils of GMO. I would highly advise watching these three documentaries. It will certainly put things in better perspective for you.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

EXCELLENT vids.

Thank You!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

The Wikileaks only go to show the disdain that the US power brokers have for those outside of their borders.

You forget that the innocent people of the USA were the first human trials of this Frankinfood. Monsanto's shill in the FDA, Michael R. Taylor was responsible for the FDA's decision that GMO food was “substantially equivalent” to normal food and needed no testing.

Second the Ag Cartel is international in nature. They do not give a rat's behind about nations or people. Remember we are nothing but the "great Unwashed" to these people.

The international grab for control of the World's Food supply:
www.publiceyeonscience.ch...

______beforeitsnews/story/73/389/Transcript_Video_Daniel_Estulin_Bilderberg_Speech_at_EU_Parliament_Press_Conference.html

smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I keep reading and hearing about all these ways the US is screwing it's so called Allies and it is starting to make me quite angry. In the Max Keiser video posted above, the female presenter read out an excerpt where one US official spoke about wanting to cause pain to the EU and the French People. In any other circumstances, that would be seen as a casus foederis act of war, yet we do not have strong enough leaders to tell the US exactly where to go. My opinion of the US government and the US population is extremely low and it is unlikely I will ever trust a US American again, let alone visit your back stabbing, lying, cheating, two faced country again.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

well if you believe that genetically modified food is harmless and as you said you get more bang for you buck then i say go right ahead and eat as much as you like. you won't even notice the slow onset of illnesses that are being caused from your continued consumption of these chemical grown foods with their nutrients removed. eat up!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I have a 12 year old that is, i kid you not, a weapons expert. Sure, you can find folks who know more, but this kid knows his weapons.

We practice every weekend. What do we practice? The 2nd Amendment. He is really good at it, too (i have always been a perfect shot...lots of practice as a kid).

How ironic that you're speaking out against the dangers of gm food yet at the same time boasting about how lethally trained your young child is with weapons desgined to kill humans.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

I have a 12 year old that is, i kid you not, a weapons expert. Sure, you can find folks who know more, but this kid knows his weapons.

We practice every weekend. What do we practice? The 2nd Amendment. He is really good at it, too (i have always been a perfect shot...lots of practice as a kid).

How ironic that you're speaking out against the dangers of gm food yet at the same time boasting about how lethally trained your young child is with weapons desgined to kill humans.

Excuse me?

Nowhere did he specify the weapons were "designed to kill humans." He did imply that they might be used that way to protect the Constitution, which is different.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join