It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: US targets EU over GM crops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

WikiLeaks: US targets EU over GM crops

beforeitsnews.com

The US embassy in Paris advised Washington to start a military-style trade war against any European Union country which opposed genetically modified (GM) crops, newly released WikiLeaks cables show.

In response to moves by France to ban a Monsanto GM corn variety in late 2007, the ambassador, Craig Stapleton, a friend and business partner of former US president George Bush, asked Washington to penalise the EU and particularly countries which did not support the use of GM crops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We knew it: the US is pushing GM and GE food on the rest of the world, and retaliating if there's resistance. But here's the verification.

And the plot thickens: many Catholic bishops in developing nations are fighting against biotech to protect indigenous crops and small farmers. So it seems "retaliation measures" also were perpetrated against the Catholic church.

In other newly released cables, US diplomats around the world are found to have pushed GM crops as a strategic government and commercial imperative.

Because many Catholic bishops in developing countries have been vehemently opposed to the controversial crops, the US applied particular pressure to the pope's advisers.

Who'da thunk it?

This stuff just gets more complicated and twisted with every new cable.

Keep it coming Wikileaks.

guardian

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/1/11 by soficrow because: add link

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
GMO food is a great way to get more bang for your buck....

Just because it has been modified does not make it bad.

Sigh, if people knew this already then and OP specific

what does it matter that a wikileak cable says so or not...

Wikileaks what a sham..

Still waiting for that *WORLD CHANGING INFORMATION* that Assange promised

Must just be another one of Assange's *white wiki lie*.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

are you ok?

kx

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I have so many thoughts on this. First, I am enraged at the obvious disconcern with the desire of The People. Of the people who actually konw what GM and Monsanto is, very few support it or want it. Even more, our government is twisting the arms of duly elected representatives from another country to force them to subvert the will of their people as well.

Then, to top it all off, we waste our time putting pressure on the Vatican to accept this abomination, while not touching the issue of priest pedophilia.

It is to where about the only thing i love about America is the romantic memories we have of how it should have been.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Wikileaks what a sham..

Well, he promised to blow some major whistles. And he has. He just didn't realize how pathetic and apathetic The People were.

"Land of the free" What a sham.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The Wikileaks only go to show the disdain that the US power brokers have for those outside of their borders. The Europeans (and especially the Brits) are seen as serfs to implement their worldwide agenda. The GM policy is as thought out and researched as the Chinese pesticide program which has left portions of their agricultural areas barren of wildlife and all important insect life

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

To bad I don't buy that *GMO FOOD IS OF THE DEVIL* stuff.

Whistle blowing?

If people already knew this has happened...

HOW HAS THIS BLOWN ANY WHISTLE?

Wikileaks, what a sad, disaster of *TRANSPARENCY*

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

To bad I don't buy that *GMO FOOD IS OF THE DEVIL* stuff.

Whistle blowing?

If people already knew this has happened...

HOW HAS THIS BLOWN ANY WHISTLE?

Wikileaks, what a sad, disaster of *TRANSPARENCY*

View, take notes and learn.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I appreciate that that you have taken the largest leak of classified information in history personally, but you cannot dismiss this as nothing. Sure, he might not be giving you the alien hybrid information you crave, but again we are being presented with evidence to show how the industrial complex is chasing more profit and influence through dubious ways.

The GM monster is a ticking time bomb in my opinion and am glad the UK hasn't caved into foreign pressure yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It is irrelevant if GMO is "the debull". It is the farming techniques that are bad. Whatever seed you plant, the techniques being used are not sustainable without continuing to pour chemicals into our ground(water).

You know what is missing? The grazing herds. Without them, the soil is not replenished.

I live in a town that if the wind blows more than 15 mph, the whole sky turns red. Those Iraq sandstorms? Yeah, i see them about once a year or two. Ever seen it rain mud? Know what causes that? Soil erosion. They never rotate the land out, ajust keep fertilizing it and watching the topsoil blow into Hill Country.

Cotton. Bah...a blight on humanity. Leeches anything of value from the soil, and is too hard to grow/harvest. AND you can't use the entire plant. We should be raising hemp. But that digression aside, we would first have to change our entire farming technique before we even get to the GMO discussion.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I have so many thoughts on this. First, I am enraged at the obvious disconcern with the desire of The People. Of the people who actually konw what GM and Monsanto is, very few support it or want it. Even more, our government is twisting the arms of duly elected representatives from another country to force them to subvert the will of their people as well.

Then, to top it all off, we waste our time putting pressure on the Vatican to accept this abomination, while not touching the issue of priest pedophilia.

I know what you mean. Where do you start when it's so messed up?

...but just a thought. Consider the possibility that the pedophilia thing is now being manipulated to destroy the Catholic's credibility in fighting Monsanto and bio-tech. (Tis how things work.)

It is to where about the only thing i love about America is the romantic memories we have of how it should have been.

NO. Please, don't give up. And get ready to Fight for the First - and the Bill of Rights and the whole Constitution.

...I have a very strong feeling one or two Rights and Freedoms are going to be "modified" to push through the North American Union, and get Canada to sign the deal. (Mexico has already signed with the US.)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Wikileaks what a sham..

edit on 3/1/2011 by Dagar because: Not worth the hassle!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

GMO is a poisonous crap, people in india have killed themselves over the GMO.
and yet your fine with the USA bullying other EU countries to put GMOs in There Foods?

I don't think so.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I have a 12 year old that is, i kid you not, a weapons expert. Sure, you can find folks who know more, but this kid knows his weapons.

We practice every weekend. What do we practice? The 2nd Amendment. He is really good at it, too (i have always been a perfect shot...lots of practice as a kid).

I haven't given up. I am just sitting here waiting for everyone else to catch up.
What i am afraid of is that any real movement will end up soiled and infiltrated, like the TEA party was. It is like those bastards in DC are an infectious disease.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Guns won't help after our Rights and Freedoms are traded away to negotiate a "Trade Deal" under international law. ...Most people won't even notice without a heads-up.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The people who frequent the likes of ATS are aware of the dangers, but the sad thing is that the 'Sheeple' have their head firmly placed in the terra firma. They will always be sold on the GM argument due to the arguments put across by the leadership. Those who can see the possible dangers will always be shouted down and even an open forum which made to public aware of the possible dangers would more than likely be met with disinterest. It is this fact that bolsters the the doctrine of those who would like to implement a eugenics program and the term 'useless eaters' has never been more apt. It is only those that have their eyes and ears open that will survive.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Guns won't help after our Rights and Freedoms are traded away to negotiate a "Trade Deal" under international law. ...Most people won't even notice without a heads-up.

Cold dead hand.

i should add...i am not a violent man. Sure, i am prepared to do what i must to defend the future of this experiment in liberty for my children...but be assured that i am not looking for violence and will only meet what is brought in that regard.

I agree that there is more than might that will be needed. Our fellow man needs to understand the libertarian-esque mindset of our Constitution and its framers.

To be honest, my views are pretty radical compared to the mainstream....but it is hard to argue against freedom.
edit on 3-1-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

...rant....rant.......rant......

It's not about the "bang" but the "buck"

Buck is a choice word. YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLANT GM CROP and keep paying and paying and paying.
(even if the GM crop invades your farm, you will have to pay)

Seeds were here before man. Now one US company claims to own the rights to one of them. How does that work ?

Wikileaks has shown that recent US policy seems to be very ONE SIDED.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

You know what is missing? The grazing herds. Without them, the soil is not replenished.

I live in a town that if the wind blows more than 15 mph, the whole sky turns red. Those Iraq sandstorms? Yeah, i see them about once a year or two. Ever seen it rain mud? Know what causes that? Soil erosion. They never rotate the land out, ajust keep fertilizing it and watching the topsoil blow into Hill Country.

On a side note.
Couldn't that also account for a portion of the rising sea levels we are experiencing?
If soil erosion keeps blowing the sand into the sea on several different locations around the world, how long before it starts making an impact on the sea levels?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join