It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sarah Palin be right about Michelle Obama?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
knuckle dragging cavemen whom cannot comprehend statistics

Indeed.

Not to nitpick but "whom" is the incorrect interrogative pronoun in this sentence. It should be "who."
edit on 3-1-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Who would be doing the "allowing"?

If education were a matter of national security, the U.S. wouldve been dead long ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Where in the Constitution does it say the Fed's have the power to subject children to specific learning curves and or specific subject based material?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by mythos

Actually Im none of the above? And you claim judgmental, and label me! BWAAHAHA!! Aint that the pot callin the kettle black? You make assumptions, establishing labels, on what proof? None....wanna talk about the the true nature of the liberals, look no further~

ok. hold on... you chide me for assigning you a label, and then proceed to call me a 'liberal'

that makes no sense.

well, i won't call you a tea-partier or neo-con or a born-again militia adventist or whatever you may or may not be..

but i will say this still: you are angry and hostile.

chill out man. we are trying to have a healthy conversation here. you may not agree with the OP, but your aggression is not helping your cause.

sooo... think of chill, happy, intelligent things, then offer us your opinion.

and yes, you can call me a typical hippy if you'd like.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Who would be doing the "allowing"?

If education were a matter of national security, the U.S. wouldve been dead long ago.

She is dying...which is probably no concidence why we are also starting to disarm.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Where in the Constitution does it say the Fed's have the power to subject children to specific learning curves and or specific subject based material?

Education effects commerce and military readyness.

Therefore, the fed demands the states sort this out.

I have never been to a federal school, I have been to state schools. how about you?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think your right though
I think the new conservative movement should run on a platform of eliminating education and being pro-obesity.

I will help you make picket signs

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

She is dying...which is probably no concidence why we are also starting to disarm.

Well no one ever accused Obama or Bush of being intelligent, so you could possibly have a point there.

Both of them make a retarded rock look intelligent.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I have never been to a federal school, I have been to state schools. how about you?

You went to a state school that received funding and mandates from the federal government.

100% unconstitutional.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I think the new conservative movement should run on a platform of eliminating education and being pro-obesity.

When you do that will you exhibit a better command of the English language than you have to date? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

When you do that will you exhibit a better command of the English language than you have to date? Just curious.

When you do that COMMA will you exhibit a better command of the english language than you have to date? I am curious. (added some words to your incomplete statement)

so...lets see, forgot a comma, capped a letter that wasn't supposed to be capped, and followed it with a incomplete sentence. I would venture to say my use of whom incorrectly is mild in comparison to my critic

Now, care to rejoin the topic, or is being a troll the only trick you know?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

When you do that COMMA will you exhibit a better command of the english language than you have to date? I am curious. (added some words to your incomplete statement)

so...lets see, forgot a comma, capped a letter that wasn't supposed to be capped, and followed it with a incomplete sentence. I would venture to say my use of whom incorrectly is mild in comparison to my critic

I'm not sure what they taught you at the land grant university you attended but there is no "COMMA" [sic] after "that" and "just curious" is a colloquially acceptable simple sentence.

However ...

The word "lets" [sic] should be conjugated, you should capitalize "S", you incorrectly used an ellipses, and there should be a period after "critic."

Best of luck with all your endeavors in life,
Z

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'm not sure what they taught you at the land grant university you attended but there is no "COMMA" [sic] after "that" and "just curious" is a colloquially acceptable simple sentence.

However ...

The word "lets" [sic] should be conjugated, you should capitalize "S", you incorrectly used an ellipses, and there should be a period after "critic."

Z

These posts will be removed for off topic
But yes...there is supposed to be a comma after your word that. You used that as a subject matter and created two independent clauses. To not have a comma there would create a run-on sentence which is poor grammar

You should know this...speak out the sentence you write and you will notice you pause after "that". why? because years of english class has taught you at least subconsciously what you should also know logically.

Use a comma + a little conjunction (and, but, for, nor, yet, or, so) to connect two independent clauses, as in "He hit the ball well, but he ran toward third base."

My fancy edjamakashun tauted me real good about speakin and grammar and stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
just to get back to the topic:

on the one hand, federal government intervention seems a big turnoff for lots.
on the other hand, there is most certainly a problem with obesity in america.

what then is the governments role? do nothing? educate? regulate the food industry? (check out the amount of High Fructose Corn syrup we guzzle... which is actually a topic for a whole other thread)

can the federal government offer any incentive or regulation? or is that too "big" of a governmental overstep.

but then, what about a state government? in the same regards of not wanting the Feds to tell me what to do, i don't want my state legislature to tell me what to do either.

then what... my county government? my city government? the head of my household?

in other words, it seems like the goldilocks scenario: when is government too big? when is it too small? when is it just right?

surely we are all not anarchists and believe that NO government is a healthy way for a society of 350 million people to carry on?

anyway...

PS typos and grammatical errors occur. it happens. we all try to manage (some more than others) the lexicon of letters, but, you know... sh!t happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

However ...

Z

These posts will be removed for off topic
But yes...there is supposed to be a comma after your word that. You used that as a subject matter and created two independent clauses. To not have a comma there would create a run-on sentence which is poor grammar

(1) These posts are not off-topic. You indicated, earlier, conservatives were "idiots" so an examination of your rather shaky command of written English becomes both pertinent and topical.

(2) Repeating it doesn't make it true. There should not have been a comma in the place you're indicating. I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty with written English. Please choose to blame Sonoma State or Sun Valley Vo-Tech or whatever land grant college you attended. Don't blame me.

Poor people. Can't live with 'em, can't get your shoes shined without 'em.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

surely we are all not anarchists and believe that NO government is a healthy way for a society of 350 million people to carry on?

I'm an anarchist. In the words of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon:

To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place[d] under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If Sarah Palin wants to address what is being done in the White House - - she should be addressing Obama - - not the First Lady.

Unless she is planning on taking over the First Lady position in some capacity.

What is this? A Cat Fight? Stupid!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

PS typos and grammatical errors occur. it happens. we all try to manage (some more than others) the lexicon of letters, but, you know... sh!t happens.

We're not talking about simple typos. We're talking about Saturn displaying a pattern of use that is indicative of functional illiteracy.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

whilst i appreciate your grammatical enthusiasm, i consider Saturn FX to be a solid contributor to the ATS world, and have often appreciated his/her perspective (even when i have not agreed with it).

perhaps you are an old character returned with a new name, but it seems you have been on ATS for a few days now. surely there is more you can contribute, because if cleaning up grammatical errors is to be your thing, you will find yourself VERY busy in ATS, and yet contributing very little.

welcome.

and do be kind to whatever errors i too have made. i consider myself an artist and a seeker before i am a scholar.

cheers

edit on 3-1-2011 by mythos because: typo- oh, the irony

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by zuul000

whilst i appreciate your grammatical enthusiasm, i consider Saturn FX to be a solid contributor to the ATS world, and have often appreciated his/her perspective (even when i have not agreed with it).

perhaps you are an old character returned with a new name, but it seems you have been on ATS for a few days now. surely there is more you can contribute, because if cleaning up grammatical errors is to be your thing, you will find yourself VERY busy in ATS, and yet contributing very little.

welcome.

and do be kind to whatever errors i too have made. i consider myself an artist and a seeker before i am a scholar.

cheers

edit on 3-1-2011 by mythos because: typo- oh, the irony

see:

Originally posted by zuul000(1) These posts are not off-topic. You indicated, earlier, conservatives were "idiots" so an examination of your rather shaky command of written English becomes both pertinent and topical.

It also becomes, I might add, personally amusing.

edit on 3-1-2011 by zuul000 because: added "It also becomes, I might add, personally amusing.
"

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join