It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: "Saddam's Message Of Friendship To President Bush"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz
The Bush/Clinton administration, the USG could have avoided so many wars & saved tax payers dollars and human lives.

sure they could have..but our government is into the terror business,and well that just wouldnt have been good for business

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

Do you think the citizens of Kuwait would share in your optimism?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I can not agree more. I was in Iraq in 2003 it took me a total of 3 days to realize that this was not the right thing to do. How do we even know that the man in the video being hung was even Sadahm? Our goverement made every excuse possible to get in to Iraq. I feel it was to accomplish the control of the petroleum there and to allow us to have a secure forward deployed area centralized in Southwest Asia. There are many leaders world wide that commit atrocities that are equal to and sometimes far more nefarious than Sadahm and the Bath party. I met several local nationals while I was on duty. They seemed glad to have him gone, yet at the same time were not pleased we were there and seemed troubled by what lay in the future. I firmly believe that Iraq and Iran will unite to form a formidable Persian empire the likes of which will be one to reckon with.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yep just like the US military who have slaughtered thousands of civilians

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Can we throw in all the libs with that one? Yeah, I think soo!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by stephinrazin

I believe as well that switching to oil currency was the final straw. Isn't Iran thinking of possibly doing the same thing?

This is the nub of the matter. Iraq dared to abandon the dollar as the currency for their oil - hence he was eliminated. Iran has done the same, and that was when the 'nuclear threat' issue suddenly emerged center stage.

The message. Insubordination will not be tolerated. We will kill millions to protect our exploitation of the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I see alot of bashing of President Bush on here, and yet, Obama is in office continuing the same thing, as well as expanding the war. Is he the same war criminal as you claim President Bush to be? Funny, I hear excuses by members on here all of the time that the president doesn't actually run the show, that's why he is so ineffective and we need to understand the NWO is calling the shots. Is it that Obama is just that lame, or does it only apply to him? So is Persident Bush still callig the shots and telling Obama what to do? Typical hypocrasy from the left. As far as comparing the US to other countries, there is no comparison. We are still the country that is called on by everyone, and then the only ones held accountable for things other countries get a pass on..............grow up.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stupidasso
reply to post by Schaden

How do we even know that the man in the video being hung was even Sadahm?

Do you suppose that your statement may allude to the reason why Hillary Clinton directed State dept. members to collect biometric data and dna material from various foreign emissaries and heads of state?

I firmly believe that Iraq and Iran will unite to form a formidable Persian empire the likes of which will be one to reckon with.

I cant claim to have spent any time in the Gulf but from what I know of Persian/Arabic history and what I have gleaned over the years from the Iraqi folks I have met in the States I don't see that happening anytime soon.

All external geopolitical influences aside (do you see any of the developed oil dependant nations allowing that to happen?) they hate each other and have for a lot longer than most modern countries have existed.

What leads you to believe that a renaissance of the Persian empire is in the cards?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Interesting Cable, with some confirmation of what many suspected:

Iraq-Iran war: 8 years ended - US is the one who was not happy about it.
Iraq was suffering from the war: Keeping Oil pricing/revenue high is the only income for Iraq: US wanted the price down, and sided with Kuwait/UAE
Disputes diplomacy exhausted: Seemed like even Saddam exhausted all diplomatic means to resolve the disputes, and Kuwait did not compromise (probably knowing that in the long term the US is on their side)
Gulf War I started - Iraq lost as Saddam predicted

Afterwards:
Iraq was exposed to a decade long of boycotts and sanctions, totally devastated country
Saddam decided to break the US Dollar OIL monopoly, and started selling Oil in EURO to the Frenchmen.
Iraq framed for having WMD and the US therefore invaded Iraq to remove the phantom scary "WMD threat"
On top of the "100,000 casualties during the 8 year Iraq-Iran war", the US managed to cause over a 1,000,000 Iraqi casualties and a multiple times of new Iraqi orphans in just a few years time. The irony of WMD.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Intresting...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thank you! Direct link to the Wikileaks summary and the cable too! Excellent.

Sounds to me like Saddam was close to begging...

6. IRAQ, THE PRESIDENT STRESSED, IS IN SERIOUS
FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES, WITH 40 BILLION USD DEBTS.
IRAQ, WHOSE VICTORY IN THE WAR AGAINST IRAN
MADE AN HISTORIC DIFFERENCE TO THE ARAB WORLD
AND THE WEST, NEEDS A MARSHALL PLAN. BUT "YOU
WANT THE OIL PRICE DOWN," SADDAM CHARGED.

...16. RETURNING TO HIS THEME THAT IRAQ WANTS
DIGNITY AND FREEDOM AS WELL AS FRIENDSHIP WITH THE
U.S., HE CHARGED THAT IN THE LAST YEAR THERE WERE
MANY OFFICIAL STATEMENTS WHICH MADE IT SEEM THAT
THE U.S. DOES NOT WANT TO RECIPROCATE. HOW, FOR
EXAMPLE, SADDAM ASKED,CAN WE INTERPRET THE
INVITATION FOR ARENS TO VISIT AT A TIME OF CRISIS
IN THE GULF? WHY DID THE U.S- DEFENSE MINISTER
MAKE "INFLAMMATORY" STATEMENTS?

¶17. SADDAM SAID THAT THE IRAQIS KNOW WHAT
WAR IS, WANT NO MORE OF IT--"DO NOT PUSH US TO IT;
DO NOT MAKE IT THE ONLY OPTION LEFT WITH WHICH WE
CAN PROTECT OUR DIGNITY."

I know a lot of this is posturing - but NO ONE expected this stuff to go public. So we need to take it at face value, I think.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Its ok to day dream, but time to wake up and get back to work...or go collect your wellfare check...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Begging? That's the impression I got.

Here we have a man labeled as a "madman" (whether he is or not...thats a seperate debate) that is realizing the importance of his people's welfare, yet will not cowtow to the poltical posturing by the US and Iraq's neighbors.

IMO, this was a cry for the international community to hear his position and realize that he is willing to compromise, but will not sell-out his country.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
He was an evil dictator that KILLED his OWN people with nerve gas anyone that thinks otherwise needs their heads examined

Before any idiot says our govt has murdered its own people as well I have one thing to say
SHOW ME 100% PROOF, not a theory, not a possibility, show me proof we did it to ourselves
edit on 1/3/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why would the US government befriend a mass murdering, war monger that tried to commit mass genocide?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Doesn't matter how "kind" he seemed, the man was responsible for many deaths and in my book that is one too many to disregard. I certainly hope people are not out trying to turn him into some kind of saint, because when you are in a position of power and people die under your watch no matter what country your in or ruling YOUR at fault and he got what was coming to him it's called karma.

This response, to me, is programming at it's finest.

Yes Saddam killed a lot of people, which is now a drop in the bucket in comparison to the body count this country has left in Iraq.

Yes Saddam killed a lot of people, with weapons that the US supplied.

I love this line in particular.....

because when you are in a position of power and people die under your watch no matter what country your in or ruling YOUR at fault

So I would hope your not a complete hypocrite and you do speak out against the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. If your a believer in Karma, just how much karma do you think we have coming back to us, as a country, for the killing of so many civilians, women and children?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

the estimated death toll of iraqi citizens now approaches 1.5 million. all innocents died in the name of peace and democracy and the 'honourable' american ideal, the most hypocritical and horror-ridden facade in history, as far as i am concerned. the americans (or dark forces behind) create these demons when and where it suits only to destroy indiscriminately when needs or greed must. to find the real despots and degenerates, you need not look too far outside washington.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

the estimated death toll of iraqi citizens now approaches 1.5 million. all innocents died in the name of peace and democracy and the 'honourable' american ideal, the most hypocritical and horror-ridden facade in history, as far as i am concerned. the americans (or dark forces behind) create these demons when and where it suits only to destroy indiscriminately when needs or greed must. to find the real despots and degenerates, you need not look too far outside washington.

kinda funny how all those deaths are AMERICA's fault, I guess none of them were killed by suicide bomber or ieds....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Saddam may have been a bad man and deserved to die, but we attacked them on the premise that they possessed WMD's which turned out to be disinformation from the US/UK governments.

If we were "liberating" countries based on the crimes that their leaders commit, then i would say that Zimbabwe and North Korea for eg would be ahead of Iraq.

The second Iraq war was all about Black Gold!
edit on 3-1-2011 by richdoe because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
Why would the US government befriend a mass murdering, war monger that tried to commit mass genocide?

Why would the US government provide the weapons for this "mass murdering war monger" so he could attempt to commit mass genocide? Isn't that the better question?

Am I the only person who remembers that Ronald Regan took Iraq off the list of countries supporting international terrorist back in 1982 so that they could ship him chemical weapons?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join