It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: "Saddam's Message Of Friendship To President Bush"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The only reason Iraq was invaded was because the USG knew of Saddam rebuilding ancient Babylon. The last starport on earth is the middle pyramid in Giza. As many know history repeats itself. He was aboot to release the real history of the earth and "died" trying. Can you honestly believe he was caught in a hole in the ground? Doubt it. He was a smart man. He didn't kill innocent people. He killed rebels to rebuild a starport for the "Gods" coming next year. Can you explain why 100,000's of sumerian and ancient artifacts were stole by the US military and sent to the Smithsonian to be destroyed and dumped in the sea?
(www.spiritofmaat.com...)
But do what you robots do and listen to the media and all the hateful crap they spit out to gain mindless control to
keep you in the loop.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I watched the interview with Dan Rather and Saddam when Saddam extended the invitation to Pres. Bush to come on camera with him and both of them to speak before the people and put the grievances on the table to the world wide audience. The clip I saw was part of a preview of the upcoming full length interview. I believe many things were cut from that interview in order to create a slant.

One thing I noticed about Saddam was that he had a courteous manner and always referred to his adversary as "President Bush".

That this man was beheaded was one of the most ghastly things....

I wonder if WikiLeaks has information on what happened to all the Treasures of Baghdad? Baghdad has the reputation of being the cradle of civilization. I can't help but wonder if the war was more about plunder of ancient secrets and archeological wealth. Why have these treasures not turned up? What could they tell us about ancient history that has been kept hidden?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

SADDAM SAID THAT WAS INDEED A REASONABLE QUESTION. HE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED FOR REGIONAL PEACE, IN FACT IT IS OUR DUTY AS A SUPERPOWER. "BUT HOW CAN WE MAKE THEM (KUWAIT AND UAE) UNDERSTAND HOW DEEPLY WE ARE SUFFERING." THE FINANCIAL SITUATION IS SUCH THAT THE PENSIONS FOR WIDOWS AND ORPHANS WILL HAVE TO BE CUT. AT THIS POINT, THE INTERPRETER AND ONE OF THE NOTETAKERS BROKE DOWN AND WEPT.

Jeez, is this a great example of political hypocrisy?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I believe it was Dan Burisch that claimed Saddam had one of the "stargates", would not give it to the US and was invaded so they could get hold of it. Far-fetched, I know, but it does make you wonder what we took from the museums.

edit on 2-1-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its no big secret that before BUSH came to government he spoke of his desire to oust Saddam and take Iraq

Its no big secret that the Bush government lied to the world, over and over and over and over again about WMD's and Saddams lust for murdering Americans

Its no big secret that fake evidence was presented BY the Bush government to trick the people.

Its no big secret that the Bush government was in bed with companies like bechtel, haliburton, BP, Exxon, Bilderberg, Enron, Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop, Raytheon, GD, UT and that these companies were given BILLIONS of US tax payer money to assist in the war.

Its no big secret that Saddams days of murdering and maiming millions was over.

Its no big secret that Saddam opened his factories to the UN and that the UN states there were no WMDS in Iraq

Its no big secret that even Tony Blair didnt believe there were weapons in Iraq

.....releases from wikileaks about Iraq aren’t necessary, the people already know it was the biggest CON ever.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The cable is from 1990. I don't know if you have noticed it so in case of...

Sorry for the dumb question, can someone tell me what does USG stand for ?

Edit : US government ?

edit on 2-1-2011 by Manouche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

.....releases from wikileaks about Iraq aren’t necessary, the people already know it was the biggest CON ever.

Maybe it's "no big secret" to you, but there are others who have turned a blind eye and deaf ear to the facts, and some that are still sitting on the fence wondering about it. Maybe the documented evidence is the "last call" for them to take a stand.

Like you said...many of us have already known this intuitively or through reading between the lines and watching the actions. But for those who know....how many have done anything about it? How many have taken a stand and what have they done?

The release of documents is a Trumpet Blast. Last call. It's all being laid out before you.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Assange follows in Saddam's footsteps on the scale of global terror..

Didn't really disagree with the rest of your post, but this statement is WAY off. You don't actually think you can compare Assange with Saddam do you?? That is one of the most absurd and ridiculous things I've ever heard.

(I do agree that this cable is another fail from wikileaks - they are bound to have something good so why don't they release it?)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Its no big secret that before BUSH came to government he spoke of his desire to oust Saddam and take Iraq

Its no big secret that the Bush government lied to the world, over and over and over and over again about WMD's and Saddams lust for murdering Americans

Its no big secret that fake evidence was presented BY the Bush government to trick the people.

I have seen numerous posts like this here, but I fear some of the facts are wrong. Lets start at the beginning here, this cable is from July 1990, exactly one month before the Iraqi Army invaded its neighbor in Kuwait. So any conversation about the more recent war in Iraq is misplaced in relation to this thread. The President Bush in question is GHW Bush, 41st POTUS, not the same Pres Bush that is addressed in the quote above.

What is laughable is reading some of the following quotes:

SADDAM SAID CAREFULLY
THAT JUST AS IRAQ WILL NOT THREATEN OTHERS, IT
WILL ACCEPT NO THREAT AGAINST ITSELF.

As was stated previsouly, this was shorty before the Iraqi Army did indeed threaten its neighbor by invading Kuwait on Aug 2nd.

SADDAM ASKED WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR THE USG
TO ANNOUNCE IT IS COMMITTED TO THE DEFENSE OF
ITS FRIENDS, INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY.

To me this sounds like Saddam is questioning whether or not the US would retaliate if he did in fact invade Kuwait.

SADDAM SAID HE FULLY BELIEVES THE USG WANTS
PEACE, AND THAT IS GOOD.

I dont believe that was in question prior to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

More to come if I have time in digesting this cable.

edit on 2-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

America collected them all, some where even bombed.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

What kind of political hypocrisy?

I hope you are aware of the fact that Saddam was a US political tool for years until it was decided he was of no further value.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The problem is, most ATS members would rather fawn around threads regarding prophecies and babble about Wikileaks being a front for the CIA. To look at the big picture would be a little too much to ask. They all scream: 'There's nothing about UFO's, JFK and alike here.'

The fact that Hilary Clinton encouraged diplomats to spy on UN members is just not enough. If ATS is supposed to be a primary weapon in combating mainstream media analysis, then it is failing badly.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

No point in trying to engage said poster.

They have found a way to do what they do and get away with it every time.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Maybe it's "no big secret" to you, but there are others who have turned a blind eye and deaf ear to the facts, and some that are still sitting on the fence wondering about it. Maybe the documented evidence is the "last call" for them to take a stand.

Like you said...many of us have already known this intuitively or through reading between the lines and watching the actions. But for those who know....how many have done anything about it? How many have taken a stand and what have they done?

The release of documents is a Trumpet Blast. Last call. It's all being laid out before you.

Well, in places such as NZ, we all know " it was the biggest CON ever"! (At least 70% of us do...) But there's not a thing we can do about it...

Vicky

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
When Bush 43, and the PNAC cabal decided to invade Iraq, I doubt there was anything Saddam could have done, aside from abdicating his power (which was not a realistic demand), to prevent the US invasion.

This memo has overtones of the first Coalition/Iraq war in 1991.

If you know your history, James Baker basically gave Saddam the green light to invade Kuwait. They set Saddam up, so as to be able to flex US power in the post-cold war era, to show the world that US global hegemony had arrived.

I think the second war has been a disaster. Saddam was an evil prick, but it was not even close to being worth all the lives and money we lost to depose him. Astute observers have realized Saddam was a stabilizing force in the region. We've only made Iran (a country which is much closer to a true enemy of the US and world peace) stronger.

edit on 2-1-2011 by Schaden because: spel

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

That's how I look at it. Saddam had some issues, to say the least, but we cannot justify our actions while we condemn the actions of other nations. It is hypocritical at best.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

PICKING HIS WORDS WITH CARE, SADDAM SAID THAT THERE ARE "SOME CIRCLES" IN THE USG, INCLUDING IN CIA AND THE STATE DEPARTMENT, BUT EMPHATICALLY EXCLUDING THE PRESIDENT AND SECRETARY BAKER, WHO ARE NOT FRIENDLY TOWARD IRAQ-U.S. RELATIONS

Not for a second saying this leak is true just reading the text for what it is

Just so I am interpreting this correctly he roughly states "some" in the US Government & various departments are not friendly towards relations between the two coutries. Does that mean he thinks "The president" & Secretary Baker are friendly towards relations? Or did he mean "more friendly"? Who knows!

Point being Bush & Clinton are constantly bashed for their involvement! Was the influences of others a bigger contributor than Bush's/Clinton?

If true (& not saying it is by any means) might change the "Blame Game" for the war a little! Hmmmmmmmm

edit on 2-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

What do you mean the epic "got you now moment"? Was this the final and most important leak or something? There is plenty more where that came from.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Saddam was a a simple tool to America, once his usefulness expired he was thrown to the wolves...America only gives privileges to states that are useful. And yes, the Bush administration was going to get their war with Iraq no matter what...the beginnings of a goal to fundamentally change the ME and maintain American dominance this century.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join