It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possibly the best evidence ever? you need to see this video,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This has been around for quite some time, and I recall seeing a 'breakdown' (CGI term for 'how it was done) of this . It was all done in 3d, with additional compositing/color correction. As much as I'd like this to be real, CGI has become easy enough and democratized to the point that many, many, many people have the ability to fake pretty much anything. Which is a bummer because it adds the element of doubt to EVERYTHING.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSearchforSpork

because it adds the element of doubt to EVERYTHING.

No it doesn't. Not if you have common sense, reason and logic on your side. I welcome the prevalent addition of home based cgi to our ranks. It means that the community as a while will have to get SMARTER, and realize that there are MANY more things to a simple video that are needed in order to seriously consider it.

Soon, gone will be the days of idiotic videos like the Russian pyramid or the Haiti ufos (remember that one, lol). People will have to start faking not only the video, but the thousands of reports that must accompany it, the news casts that must accompany it, or the verifiable contacts that produced it. Without those, all you have is a USELESS video that appeals only to the most ignorant among us.

Now pardon me while I go watch another youtube video of nothing more than vague lights in the sky that was taped form a member of youtube member that somehow sees them all the time over populated ares, LOL.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Like a dog chasing its tail, this board just keeps spinning in circles.

Everyone, so eager to believe, discards even a single shred of common sense and considers this as "possibly" being real.

Come on guys, I really want to say you're all smarter than that.

Just a number of "common sense" things to consider about this video:

- Why is it ridiculously short? Wouldn't a real video of a real alien be a bit more intimate and a LOT longer? I mean, this is pretty important stuff here!

- Lighting. Sure, lets video tape an alien for the first time, but have the worst possible lighting, Come on, it's only an alien, lets make the video all funky and ambigous. No need for clear/bright footage.

- TPTB, you know, the ones that have hidden this secret from the public for SO long just happened to allow this video to leak onto, well, youtube of all places? Don't you think a real video of a real alien would be amongst the biggest national security breaches in world history, and would be dealt with about as quickly as it was posted?

Come on now. If the government really has anything to hide, I can assure you, they chuckle a bit every time some idiot posts a video like that and says it's real. It's because of people like them, even if they at some point admit it's fake, that this topic is such a joke. But, it's also because you have hordes of people that will debate into the wee hours of the morning whether the video is "actually" real.

edit on 3-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

edit on 2-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

Think its fake. Why i think that?

Because the person in the background is just laughing on this creature? A normal person would atleast # his pants or would talk/look different than that person in the background.

On the other hand i wouldnt know. I dont know where this happend, who the persons are.

A normal person would yell like hell.

If people want to investigate this more, they should use an stabilize filter on that video and check the movements of the alien in stablized edited video.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Oxize because: (no reason given)

Edit: Found a second video from him. This one show thats it animated by a program (CGI).

edit on 3-1-2011 by Oxize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

Would this be a hoax?

I believe that one was determined to be a hoax by a few programs. the doll has unnatural movement commonly associated with..well, a robotic doll more than anything.

That seems like a rather implausible reasoning to label it a hoax. With such a dark set, why would anybody make a robot instead of hand puppeteering?

-rrr

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

did you notice how at about 11 seconds into the clip the ebe blinks only one eye?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

oops yes thats exactly what i did,

blame the wine!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The lighting and the look of the skin, and the movements of the mouth gives the first video away as being CGI, it's not hard to replicate muscle movement in CGI programs either.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Intresting...also

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's from a movie made in Brazil, nothing new, discussed to death on ATS.

As for Alien Interview, who knows, i'm still on the fence.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

No, this was a fake. I remember when it was posted on a 3d artist forum I was on.

Not to mention the alien's frames are at a different speed than the camera's. IE, he was put in.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ask yourself why all of these supposed alien videos are of such poor quality. Surly in a captured environment, one could get a decent video camera at a Wallmart these days! That should send up your first red flag itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ac647

I have a serious problem believing this video is real, even after analysis. The set-up doesn't even make much sense to me. Let me get this straight. It has the resolution of straight up CGI (a little cartoonish, at that).Why isn't it in color? Was it taped in night-vision? With a spotlight? Why can't you see the rest of the room behind the chair? When I use night-vision on my camera, you see everything, and mine isn't a crazy-expensive Government camera. The background in this video is, for the most part, gone. That probably explains why so much detail was given to the musculature of the thing. If there were just part of a real person in the video for me to compare the resolution of the alien to, it might help. MAYBE! Also, What the hell do the guys taping it think is so goddamn funny? With security as high as it would need to be, I don't think that there would be a lot of playing around anywhere near the thing. If it were real, I don't think that whoever is holding it captive would let Beavis and Butt-Head gain access to it. I really think that this is a well done CGI cartoon. However, I believe that the color "Alien Interrogation" video is most likely real.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
CGI because the movement of the mouth/jaw and blinking looks more like its just stretching from the tip rather than the actual jawbone moving. Also it has an absolute emotionless face, and if i were to call any emotion from it, it looks more happy than anoything from what it seems like being suffocated.

But the main reason why its CGI is because, it is supposedly captured gray, and the camera quality and darklit conditions make it stupid. Like someone couldnt afford to hold the camera up close to its face around its whole torso body in well lit conditions. Guys be real please

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

All this guy did was take the youtube video and make it more blurry to hide the lack of detail and repetitive motion/animations. Stop posting fake CGI videos please.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
Both videos are very interesting but my gut is telling me they are both clever very CGI hoaxes and my gut instinct has served me well down the years.

Good thread and OP nonetheless.

S and F.

This doesnt use CGI at all o.o

I agree.
It was my understanding that this video was discovered in the late 90's. CGI for your everyday home user wasn't that good back then. Independence Day came out in '96. Contact in '97. CGI is definitely obvious in those films with big budgets. If anything, I FEEL this is a puppet/animatronic creation. Mostly because every other part of the body is in darkness.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

Yes, it is easy. You don't even have to make a wonderful rig, you just can animate bones by hand instead of making it automatical.

You have the model, you have the bone. You duplicate this bone, and apply a property of maximum and minimum. You put it on the maximum and edit the geometry (let's stablish maximum as when it is contracted) to make it look contracted. You put it on the minimum and do the same. You fix this bone to the main bone, and you apply a Skin modifier (3ds Max user) to the mesh. If this doesn't work good, you can animate the bone by hand frame by frame too.

This explains it really well.

Well, after checking it out, you don't even have to set maximum and minimums, it does it automatically.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have no proof to say it's fake but come on seriously you can tell from looking at it for 5 seconds that it's fake. It looks fake, it moves fake. One tell tell sign is the deliberate fuzziness and low resolution, it's supposed to make the video seem more authentic but in reality it's a simple matter of reducing the amount of actual footage visible.

The more fuzziness and grain there is the less real footage there is to study and the more the viewer will fill in the blanks themselves. The squiggly lines at the start are another cheesy touch, cctv systems haven't looked like that since the 80's. What makes the video seem more real to the casual observer makes it look all the more false to someone prepared to look a little harder.

It reminds me of movies where someone uses a DSLR but you hear the sound effect of the film advance from an old film SLR with a motordrive.

Most humans are supposed to have the ability to differentiate between unnatural and natural movements and certainly be able to spot bad cgi, it's just in our instincts but after a few years on here it seems Hollywood is wasting a lot of money of special effects when much cheaper ones would suffice. The regularity with which people will defend footage that turns out to be a movie or tv commercial etc is genuinely frustrating, so much time wasted on obvious falsities.
edit on 3-1-2011 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

an Alien on a video... Come on. In the age where we have mastered the art of CGi, a "puppet show" can be done fairly easily by just your average person.

That thing looks so unnatural it doesn't even look like it could stand up or walk. Life evolves proportional to it's self and it's environment...

If this thing has two arms and two legs it's not going to have some overly gigantic head and be able to keep it up in the video, if it evolved like this it would have to have come from or be acustomed to a low G environment, so it would be more plausbile for it to just be lying on the floor, instead of bobing it's head around in a chair...

I'm not even going to go into the possiblity that it could be emaciated... Because it's sitting upright in a chair...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

first you dis some dude because he watches the wrong video but yet you seem to have not read further on. this topic should have ended at the aphex twin video. peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join