It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Wow,dude I can't come at you with numbers pro or con and can't even give you a quid pro quo ( a little rime action) but
at first when you came at us with the story I thought, ok here we go,but,Montana and Wyoming are a far piece away from Arkansas....I'm just sayin.....good piece though,for sure
edit on 6-1-2011 by mike184ever because: had a little problem with sentence structure,something didn't look right

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Google map of animal deaths

maps.google.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
HEADS UP !! Jeremy Vine will be discussing the bird deaths at 1.30 pm GMT on BBC radio 2 TODAY www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib
[mor I didnt zoom in on the map My Bad....

edit on 6-1-2011 by mike184ever because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by mike184ever because: wasnt using the map correctly

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I took a quick look at map. If you zoom in, the pins are displayed more accurately.

If you looking at default map, zoomed out, it appears that the pins are misplaced.

I did not look at all the pins, just the Arkansas one with the 5000 birds, it looks like the pin is misplaced if you look at map in zoomed out view.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I live in the panhandle Texas and it isnt being reported but 50 miles from my house about 35-40 birds did the same thing and my brother who is on an emergency response and hazmat team mentioned that it also happened in tyler texas. All that he could really tell me was not to drink the "Tap" water and to make sure when the baby is in the tub that she doesnt ingest bath water? I beleive that is his theory on how whatever this is spreads. I am much more on the pole shift idea, but it isnt unreasonable to make sure we dont "ingest" tap water till this pans out.

here is the semi local paper article
www.myplainview.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I live two towns over from Beebe. Yesterday, I drove to the site. The roosting area is an estimated 1 to 2 acre, leafless grove of trees. As far as fireworks go, outside of the random individual popping off some purchased goodies, it's not as if a formal pyrotechnic show took place. There were reports of cannon fire being heard shortly before the birds started dying. On Topix, there was a reference to the Mayor of Beebe planning to shoot cannons to "scare the birds off" that has not been confirmed. The neighborhood behind the long (and wide) stretch of trees the birds used as their roost is comprised of small, single story houses set up in cul-de-sacs. The actual street right behind the grove of trees is adjacent to an open field which I could not gauge the size of because the road was closed off. These birds would have had to have done their lift off out of the acre to two acre grove of trees, across a wide open expanse and then in to the neighborhood before crashing in to anything and would have already had to have been low to the ground in order for any type of impact to have taken place. Why then, were so many dead on the rooftops of these homes? There was nothing higher up for them to "run in to." I am not understanding why the media has not further investigated the "cannon firing" aspect of this story. What if that IS what set all of this off (no pun) and a huge quantity of taxpayer funds were wasted as a result of the city declining to admit using what turned out to be a fatal approach to "scaring the birds off."

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is Beebe, AR's local news report. The paper is only published every Thursday.

beebenews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Chicago River...turns green.

How do I display image? It shows up as link.

I think it should be clear, that a massive toxic event is occurring. The ultimate cause is another issue.

edit on 6-1-2011 by SirPaulMuaddib_2 because: added more

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirPaulMuaddib_2
Chicago River...turns green.

How do I display image? It shows up as link.

I think it should be clear, that a massive toxic event is occurring. The ultimate cause is another issue.

edit on 6-1-2011 by SirPaulMuaddib_2 because: added more

green dye....St Patrick's Day.

As part of a more than forty year old Chicago tradition, the Chicago River is dyed green in observance of St. Patrick's Day.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Never heard of the tradition, but yes, just found out about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib_2

I believe that is from the annual, Saint Paddy's day celebration....Not the same thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting, 2009 article on Beebe's "War on Blackbirds"

www.beebe.info...(Update_1).html

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ok then why did this river turn green? its not st paddy day here

macedoniaonline.eu...

insidelangford.ca...

www.rs25.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here you go, we know they died of blunt force. How about this for an explanation?

The new Chinese stealth fighter jet, known as the J-20, isn't supposed to be operational until at least 2017, but a Chinese air force commander told Chinese TV in 2009 that flight testing would begin much sooner. Stealth jets, such as the United States' F-22, are designed to evade detection by radar and anti-aircraft defenses.

Source cnn

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Question: Are the local cyotes, cats, dogs, and vultures eating the dead birds? This would definelty say
weather there is poison or radiation in them.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by K_OS

Hmm..Not likely. Bird-collisions are very VERY dangerous to jets. When flying at mach 0.8 at 15,000ft (yes, birds DO get that high up, some go as high as 25,000ft. while migrating) a bird hits You, You're likely to sustain major damage. Might You hit a complete flock....well, suffice to say, there would be Chinese stealth-plane pieces all over the place.

I go for the poison theory .Some poisonous residue from a chem-plant that wafted up in the air. Still doesn't explain the fish. Maybe a accidental dumping of toxic waste by some factory upstream?

I can remember from the 70's, when I was a child, our family often visited my grandparents that lived close to a car plant that regularly dumped paint-waste in the river close by. You'd see layers of dead fish floating by every day..no-one bothered..Sometimes we would dump a signal flare, "liberated" from Grampa's stash from his sailing days, in the river, and the water would actually burn.. What environmental regulation? (Oh how GM's CEO's would like to go back to those hallowed days..)
edit on 1/6/2011 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why are there so many dead birds lately

What a great way to start new year

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I believe this is new, I think South Carolina has been mentioned, but this article says it was this morning, so it has to be another group of fish.

CHARLESTON, S.C., Jan. 6 (UPI) -- Hundreds of thousands of dead fish washed ashore on the South Carolina coast Thursday morning, littering the sand along the tide line, wildlife officials said.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
MORE MASSIVE BIRD DEATHS

Birds Dying In Italy: Thousands Of Turtle Doves Fall Dead From Sky

The Huffington Post | Travis Walter Donovan Posted: 01- 6-11 06:01 PM

On Wednesday, GeaPress reported hundreds -- possibly thousands -- of dead and dying birds in Italy. Countless turtle doves were found scattered in the streets, in flower beds and hanging tragically from trees "like Christmas balls" in the town of Faenza. Many of the birds that fell dead from the sky were discovered with a mysterious blue stain in their beaks.
In the past week, similar incidents of mass animal deaths have been reported across the world. Thousands of dead birds fell from the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve, and similar incidents were reported on different days in Louisiana, Kentucky and Sweden. Two million fish were discovered dead in Maryland, with other fish kills also reported in Brazil, New Zealand and Arkansas -- approximately 100 miles from the bird incident. 40,000 crabs washed up on England beaches in the past few days, as well.

While the events are likely unrelated, most still remain a mystery. Officials suggest fireworks are likely responsible for many of the bird deaths and that unusually cold weather could be to blame for the strange mass deaths of fish and crabs.

GeaPress suggests that the blue stains found in mouths of the dead and dying birds in Italy could be the result of poisoning or possibly signs of hypoxia. Both the local forest service and the WWF in Faenza have sent some of the dead birds for testing, though the results likely won't be available for at least a week.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join