It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It was a CARBON CAPTURE PLANT

That's what caused it!

And they oil companies don't want you to know this...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting Link

A friend sent me this and found it to be rather startling. I live in Central Arkansas. My apologies if this link is a re-post, as I did not read all 50+ pages of this thread.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
[img]http://vortex.plymouth.edu/gen_nids.cgi?ident=LZK&pl=n0r&yy=2011&mm=01&dd=01&hh=05&nn=15&size=912x684&loop=yes1&zoom=.0865¢er=[/img

This is an image of the radar that night in Arkansas.
edit on 1/5/2011 by Katie because: described the image

edit on 1/5/2011 by Katie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Dead birds, dead fish, now 40,000 dead ‘devil’ crabs in Britain (video)

There has been a recent slew of wildlife dying in mass, including birds and fish in Arkansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Brazil, New Zealand, and Sweden. Over the weekend, another mass death occurred in Britain as thousands of crabs washed ashore.

About 40,000 Velvet or ‘devil’ crabs dotted British shores Sunday, according to The Guardian.

Experts believe the crab deaths and the New Zealand fish found dead in New Zealand's Chesapeake Bay are due to nothing more than record cold temperatures.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roblin

Noise wave - not sure I have read anything about it - do you have a link perhaps? Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yep ,.
strange things are a happinin,.
I think the answer should be coming soon,.
Hi Crazydaisy

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
mass jellyfish unexplained deaths 2010 california www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2010/11/14/jellyfish.beach.swarm.ktvu

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am the first to admit when I'm wrong. I've said that it was gas poisoning. The toxicology reports have said that it was trauma. So I must retract this part of my hypothesis and look for another answer for the birds deaths. I thought the symptoms they displayed were consistant with gas poisoning. But these behaviours could be explained by injury, exhaustion and stress.

But gas is still in the equation. It killed the fish. And although it did not kill the birds directly. A gas rupture frightened the birds into a mass panic. One witness describes two loud noises and described the birds begining to fly around. She said it was a "poof" followed by a "whoosh". Two loud noises that she said weren't fireworks. Others have said they heard something like a cannon. Others said gun shots.

What they heard was a low booming noise and not the sharp crack of a firework. What they heard was natural gas erupting from the ground. The poof would be the explosive rupture. The whooshing would be the rush as gas escapes. I've heard gas releases and this is what they sound like coming out of a large pipe. This noises scared the hell out of the birds and sent them into a frenzy. If fireworks scare birds into mad frenzy causing mass deaths I think we would have heard about it by now. Many towns and cities have mass bird flocks and roost and yet this phenomenon seems to have only happened in Arkansas.

It's gas eruptions from the ground that's responsible for the wildlife kills. The methane in the water took the oxygen out of the pool the drum were schooled in and suffocated them.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
2 million fish dead in Maryland scientists baffled

concider the source
www2.tbo.com...

edit on 5-1-2011 by mike184ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There are so many threads on this and I thought I posted in the main one just a bit ago. It looks like this may be the OP on the subject. Hope it's okay that I repost this here...

---
From www.abovetopsecret.com...
---

I'd like to throw in another perspective on this if I may. My wife and I have discussed this type of thing before and I'm willing to bet, you've encountered the same thing.

Just the other day I saw a new VW Beetle in Tokyo. I said to my wife "wow, 2 years in Tokyo and this is the first Beetle I've seen". She says, "hmm...I see them all the time...I think...". That was just a couple weeks ago. Now we see Beetles literally everywhere. That blew away the rarity that I thought existed.

This is an example of what is sometimes called The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. Potentially it may be a bit of selective attention amplified by the recency effect.

When I taught in a classroom, I saw this happen quite a bit. Students never noticed certain things brought about within lessons, but soon saw those things literally all the time.

In the case of the birds and fish, yes, this has happened before...in just as quizzical numbers as we are seeing now. A quick internet search focused on just one year dredged up this thread: www.puppstheories.com... September 2004 sure looked like it may mark the end of the world. In all likelihood, these sorts of animal deaths occur quite commonly. Try a search yourself...it's quite enlightening.

First, we have an interesting, though not totally unusual story about birds falling from the sky at the turn of the New Year. The cause is yet unknown, but Occam's razor suggests that we tend toward the simpler, or more common answers...that being of natural effects. Next, let's add in the large amount of media attention this story has garnered. Closer attention reveals that fish have died somewhat nearby, but the laws of probability are not necessarily bent or broken here. Now, "selective attention" is paid, not just to this localized area, but rather on a global basis amplified by what has been recently noticed.

Has this happened before? You bet. Does this mean that this new observation is purely coincidental and it is just our minds trying to put it all together with some sort of pattern? Probably, as that is what our brains are so darned good at and Occam's razor would lean us in that direction. Though it also means that the answer could also fall on the smallest margin of the razor.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

2 million fish in Maryland! - do you have a source or an addition to the map on this report. Thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Haven't had much time to do anything but skim through the plethera of posts on this issue but wanted to throw this thought into the fire......BP

I could be wrong but doesnt it seem that these reports are coming from areas that surround the gulf (Not right there but close enough that 8 months may have sent something there) Maybe the fish got poisened and the birds ate these fish?

Something is afoot though.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

My bad - thanks for the link but I just realized this was Cheaspeake. Getting confused, I think I need to start taking notes now.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shockologist

I have to say you're on to the cause it has to be spill chem kicked you into the weather and dumped down with the rain
"BUT BUT BUT Mike? how come the chemicals didnt kill gulf habitat ???" Well reader, I just dont know the answer to that one

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I got a PM fro the user Arkansas,
who wishes me to add this link onto this thread.

I'm having problems loading it up tho, but it seems to be a link for Arkansas Game and Fish Comission.

HEY I HAVE A LINK FOR YOU TO ADD TO YOUR POST.. VERY WEIRD STUFF..
www.agfc.com...

The trauma was primarily in breast tissue, with blood clots in the body cavity and internal bleeding. All major organs were normal and the birds appeared to be healthy. Gizzards and stomachs of the birds were empty.

SNIP FROM ABOVE LINK OUR GAME AND FISH SITE

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
here's something i wrote on another post- had to share

Thank you for visiting my thread and acknowledging that I knew what was happening almost immediately. The reason is research. Reading. And reading and reading and reading. And thinking.

And searching.

To solve a mystery you need facts. And you need to prove that your hypothesis is possible. Your hypothesis is plausible. In fact it's very possile. If you find examples that show a history and example of the occurance, then you have to accept that the same may be happening here.

For example.

There has been a small quake recorded yesterday in Arkansas. The epicenter is in exact the same location as the other 500 or so that have happened since September. 1.8 magnitude.

Can deep injection wells cause earthquakes?

Well let's ask the experts. The scientists. According to the USGS, it not only possible, it's happened. And not just once.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The good people at the Arkansas Wildlife Agency may be having a good laugh at those of us who offer alternative solutions, and in truth many are nuts, and I know nuts, we have science on our side.

Do not be distracted by all the animal reports. Some are true and are normal kills which do happen all the time all over the planet. The media is noticing them because of this story. Many of the kills are natural and due to cold snap. Cold water inversion changes the oxygen levels at different depths and kills fish. Other natural causes kill mass animals. Many of the kills are pollution related. The cold water inversion may have contributed to the drum fish kill. The cold water and run-off disturbing sediment which released gas and reacted with water to remove the oxygen. Other pollutants in the water, most likely hydro-carbons, have already made a sick river- sicker. The fossil fuel industry is killing us slowly and suddenly. Depending on the weather.

The only animal kills you should be focusing on is the ones in Arkansas, Kentucky and Louisiana. The birds are from the same flock originating in Arkansas. Many of the rest of the kills may be normal. I've read about many kills because I'm a wildlife guy. So mass kills don't really surprise me. The reason I was ontop of the Arkansas story is because of the fracking and swarm earthquakes. I am obsessed by volcanoes, earthquakes and wildlife. The oil industry is killing my wildlife and their causing it some of it by causing earthquakes. And these I know. The minute I heard about the practise of fracking I became obsessed with that.

They are fracking near a volcano. It has a hot geysers system under extreme pressure. If methane gas migrates into that resorviour. I won't finish this thought. But I will state the volcanoes name. It's name is Yellowstone.

signature:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Large amounts of Hydrochloric Acid is shot down below the earth to crack limestone for gas extraction. With the large amount of seismic activity in Arkansas recently, the Hydrochloric Acid mixed with water could become gasified from closer contact to magma. Since Hydrochloric Acid is found organically in animals, it might not turn up as a external poison. Inhaling HCl would cause clots and bleeding out.

I still say the incident in Arkansas could be related to this. This is a new process of natural gas extraction and we are only in the testing phase. The fact that only fish died, who are bottom feeders further helps the fact that some kind of Hcl gas hitting water and a quick hot reaction only on the bottom of the river. This wood have caused some kind of very acidic burns. I remember seeing raised welts around the dead fishes mouths. People have been complaining about being poisoned by this industry in Arkansas for awhile. I'm just saying we could easier prove this than scalar weapon use or Mayan Calendar theories.

More "fracking" news I found interesting

theintelhub.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by edfranx

You are exactly right. It is a fact. Injection can cause earthquake. Colorado and elsewhere. I couldn't help but noticing you mentioned magma. I've been ranting for months on the Yellowstone thread about frack drilling near by. Imagine methane in Yellowstone's aquifer. I wonder what the geysers would look like on fire.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm concentrating on the Arkansas incident only, as well. I have not researched the other mass animal deaths, but the relatively close space and time of the Arkansas animal deaths needs closer attention. The fact that people have complained of pollution from a "fracking" site, located between the two incidents seems to me no small matter. I am concentrating on already existing facts. They seem to be in front of us. Do not believe the hype. Stay focused. Destroy the demon.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ok, I am just tossing this news out as how many threads can this board take?

Now, we have a report of whooping crane deaths in Georgia:
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources are investigating the suspicious deaths of three whooping cranes in south Georgia.

The cranes were found and reported by hunters in Calhoun County, just west of Albany, Ga., on Dec 30, 2010. The landowner reported the cranes had been in the area for a few weeks before they found them dead just before New Year’s Eve.
Necropsies are expected to be completed in about two weeks.
The cranes are part of the Whooping Crane Eastern Partnership effort to reintroduce whooping cranes into the eastern United States.
These three cranes were released in October 2010 with seven other first-year birds in Wisconsin as part of the Direct Autumn Release program. They generally follow other older whooping cranes and sometimes sandhill cranes during the fall migration to find suitable wintering habitat. They were banded and equipped with transmitters and were part of the ultralight aircraft-led migration effort.
blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

Before replies, I want to say first that it could be beneficial to concentrate
on the three larger die offs in searching for answers.

As I have stumbled across several other stories about dead birds, even pelicans,
and now cranes there could be different explanations for each set of patterns.

And as a end note...what in the world???

They were banded and equipped with transmitters and were part of the ultralight aircraft-led migration effort.

edit on 6-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join