It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Activity Watch 2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can say without a doubt that Insight cable is affected here in North central Kentucky. It is making it hard to even watch NBC tonight because it keeps dropping out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Now things might start to happen.
The Bz just turned south. This will allow solar particles to enter the magnetosphere and spice things up.
edit on 2/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Mentioning dogs,my have been crazy all day,I'm gonna have to kill them,just kidding.
Wondering if its related to solar flares or quakes far away. Or a have a burglar lurking near by.
They keep wanting run in and out.When they are inside they start barking like crazy,when they are out they want to come right back in.Its driving me crazy.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I truly believe animals sense things before we do. Earlier today all the crows returned at once - the noise was almost unbearable and they were flying in eratic circles.

My dog won't stay out 2 minutes today, he comes right back to the door.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Maybe he doesn't like crows.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Everything ok here in Kentucky but the magnetic field is looking pretty crazy now.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I meant to ask earlier and forgot - how long would the activity effect earth - approximate time line?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The Madrid Quakes may be a new normal maybe a settling in.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
funky, funky stuff going on here with my PC. I have been having problems with the internet for the past hour - was just trying to type a comment in and it sent me to a new thread when I hit post - hit the back button and for the second time tonight, those funny lines across appeared traveling across my screen --- I have never seen this happen before.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here is the time...10 more minutes till it starts!!!!!

Time of prediction: Friday, February 18, 2011 3:00 GMT*

Lead-time for prediction: 52 minutes

Forecast:Auroral activity will be high. Weather permitting, highly active auroral displays will be visible overhead from Inuvik, Yellowknife, Rankin and Igaluit to Juneau, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Thunder Bay and Sept-Iles, and visible low on the horizon from Seattle, Des Moines, Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, and Halifax.

source

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

OMG, I hate clouds right now!!!

Is anyone seeing anything at all?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have a just about full moon that a little hazy - shining dowon on my snow covered field - hmm - a few deer digging through the snow under the apple trees - beautiful - btw it's 10:50 p.m. here
edit on 17-2-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Our cat has been sleeping nonstop today and is currently on a housemates bed that she never sleeps on, and no one is in there. I felt quite ill and spacey for about a half hour which did not surprise me (its easing up now I think) and my Radio Skypipe strip chart data is starting to pick up in intensity the past 15 mins or so. I have left my receiver on all day recording data just for this event

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Nope,cloudy here to and probably to far south

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I'm in northern Ohio and just went out to have a look. I didn't see much of anything other than a very bright moon. I would have stayed out longer but I got spooked
I have no idea why. I might have to drag my husband out there with me after a while to get a better look.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

IMPACT! A CME hit Earth's magnetic field at approximately 0100 UT on Feb. 18th (8:00 pm EST on Feb. 17th). The impact was not as strong as expected considering the cloud's probable X-class origin. Nevertheless, geomagnetic storms are possible in the hours ahead. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Pretty much the same here. Clouds so I still can't see anything. TV and puter are working fine. And my dog has gone back to being his normal grumpy self. Oh well...until next time.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here in So Cal - really thin fog cover with a huge halo around the moon. Cats are fine - a bit clingy but that's not unusual. I was wondering if humans feel anything especially those of us who have experienced the cosmic slap. I had quite the normal day and really don't feel any different. Can't really speak to earthquakes because we have little ones all the time, every day. I've been checking USGS and I don't notice any elevated activity. But - ya know. I quite notiticing the little ones along time ago. Electronics seem to be fine, we have cable and satallite. Wireless phones - okay too. Still, waiting . . .

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It must be picking up pretty good and many people are watching at

www2.nict.go.jp...

I have been having a hard time getting the image to load for me. The current one looks very cool though, I have seen where it gets all red and white but I haven't seen it look like almost 2 buffers before.

Very neat stuff, I would actually like it if it did something to get some media attention or make it so I didn't work tomorrow

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join