It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistanis rally over blasphemy law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

There is no peaceful majority, thats just wishful thinking. Look at actual statistics. Most of muslims in middle east are crazy in the head like this.

I do not agree with this statement.

I do agree that there are a large number of Middle Eastern people whom are hard to agree with, yes. But I know for a fact, there are Muslims and others who can live peacefully and do so. Most have moved to America or elsewhere.

I sorely want to talk with Muslims about their beliefs and how their society works, just as with most other Middle Eastern culture. American's know next to nothing of these people's lives or the way they live.

We are not them.

Most do tend to be Xenophobes however, which does tend to put a hamper on getting in close. Either that or they want to scavenge anything of value from you. But I do not hold that to them. I a liken them to the boy in the market who steals the bread to feed his family, but there are some who would do the same to anyone trusting enough to give them anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Eliminate the major three religions.

No we should Eliminate all religion they're the cause for the most bloody wars ever fought in history.

If people just got on with their own lives and fought only for their own and family when it was necessary then this world would be a lot better place.

Most people don't want to be responsible for their action's they only want to to be led and have others think for them,

In most religions its a"sin" for two people to be "together" unless married, yet their Deity does just the opposite and has a child, whose the chosen one or son of god so on so forth, and also they're prophets try and tell us that we must spread the "word" to the heathens and kill em if they wont convert, but isn't their gods meant to be peaceful and live and let live sort of being

I could go on for ages but I think most people now what I'm on about

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am confused

First:

Originally posted by daddysreturn
No we should Eliminate all religion they're the cause for the most bloody wars ever fought in history.

Then:

Originally posted by daddysreturn
If people just got on with their own lives and fought only for their own and family when it was necessary then this world would be a lot better place.

Those statements seem to be at odds. How can you eliminate peoples beliefs, and say that people are "going on with their own lives"?

Also, aren't those "bloody religious battles" when one religion is trying to "Eliminate" another?

Which is no different than the OPost, really. The Blasphemer (Heh Jehova) does not believe in the god as much as those offended are. IE the Blasphemer (Heh Jehova) is eliminating part of their religion.

Then comes the bloody battle, death.

In all actuality if these religions would practice what they preach, people would not see the need to "eliminate" them. Alas, they are run by humans...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Who really cares what goes on in pakistan? I mean really.

Most people can't find it on a map.
Except those islamists from Pakistan and other muslim countries move to the US, Canada, Germany, The UK and elsewhere. Then they try to get their own judges outside of our laws. Then they try to kill cartoonists for practicing free speech(more blasphemy). Do you not understand that?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Unfortunately a person like you is just an uninformed bigot.

Christianity is and has been the most violent religion in history by far.

One indeed doesn’t have to go back to the crusades or to the inquisition, yet those periods are relevant in determining who is more violent and or barbaric, that you want to avoid.

Just go back to World War II where Christian nations [who by the way had ALL third world Muslim nations [and other non white peoples in economic bondage through colonialization] where 80 million people were killed becasue of the machinations of Christian nations IN THE DEADLIEST WAR EVER!

Then go back to WWI and the millions killed in that war.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Christian nation of America dropping an atomic bomb on helpless Japanese citizens in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

There is in history proof that Islamic civilizations such as the Moors, and Turks though your average power hungry civilization, where nevertheless far more civilized and liberal for the time than any Christian country on earth.

It was the Spanish Christians who expelled Muslims and Jews from Spain.

The Christians of Australia wiped out the natives there, and wiped then all out of existence and enslaved the rest.

Look what the Christians did in America

Christopher Columbus and the American Christians did to the Native Americans and African slaves.
www.understandingprejudice.org...
www.americanindiansource.com...

They murdered millions directly and indirectly through working them to death on what is now Haiti and the Dominican Republic.

Look what the Christian King Leopold did in Africa Namibia
He literally worked 10 million Africans to death in the 19th century
en.wikipedia.org...
www.enotes.com...

There is much more I could recite, such as how the Christian countries of France and Italy enslaved the North African Muslim countries they colonized.

And then there is the Christian British empire with the Queen and the Church of England behind them as they romped all over the third world from Africa, India and all the way to south east Asia and colonized and robbed, raped the people of those countries for centries for England-- the biggest slave master of them all.

Now a few nutty Muslims in a few nutty backward countries where the people are poor, ignorant, and not half a century out of being colonized by European Christians and you want to compare that to the bloody murderous DOCUMENTED depravity of Christian crimes!

Cased closed!

edit on 2-1-2011 by inforeal because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I look at it this way: I don`t think for one minute that anything like ALL Muslims are terrorists (although it appears that at this moment all terrorists are Muslims).
Thing is: How am I supposed to know who is and who isn`t?
Following that isn`t it logical to want to take precautions? Or should I, in the name of Political Correctness, walk about with a carefree smile on my face in the belief that "It will never happen to me"?
Someone once said that the best protection against a Nuclear Bomb is not to be anywhere near the thing when it goes off. So I don`t want to be near any of the Muslims who are terrorists when they decide to "Go Nuclear" on a train in Madrid, on a London bus, on an aeroplane, outside an Australian Army Base, or a Danish Newspaper Office or in a street in the Philippines/Egypt/Nigeria/Iraq/Afghanistan or anywhere else. Back to the old problem: How can I tell which Muslim is a terrorist and which is not - bearing in mind that they have used women and children as human bombs in the recent past so they are not all bearded men with their shirts hanging out?
I cannot.
So I am afraid that until they rid themselves of the minority of terrorists and those who wish do do us ill, I do not wish to share a Plane with them, a Country or even a continent. So it appears that the only solution is to give them an Assisted Passage to a Muslim country of their choosing. I promise I will not go there to annoy them with my Infidel ways.
PS: It is worth remembering that when one of them does decide to go in search of the 77 virgins (or however many it is), when they press the button on the bomb their intention is to kill ALL of us, not just a few of us. The death toll is only restricted by the amount of explosive they can carry, if they could get a couple of tons into their backpacks they would kill thousands of us at once instead of 20/30/40. If they could get a Nuclear weapon they would kill millions of us.
Well I think that could be viewed as "unreasonable behaviour" don`t you? So let`s show them the door and wish them Luck in their new home.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

"No we should Eliminate all religion they're the cause for the most bloody wars ever fought in history."

even if we somehow eliminated all forms of religion, human beings would still find some other excuse to kill each other.

dogmatic religion just makes it easier.

edit on 2-1-2011 by mythos because: added qoutes

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is a nice overview of blasphemy laws in the world:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Originally posted by zorgon
Hmmm I thought here crime was giving water to someone?

Not exactly - The short version is...

She offered water to some other women. According to reports they wouldn't take it and said the water was unclean because she was a Christian. An argument followed and she allegedly blasphemed Islam in it. There is some debate if she actually did or if the other women just got angry and said she did to get her in trouble. What she allegedly said in the argument is what may get her killed.

A couple of threads on it here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I think the Pakistanis are a bit messed up with the Americans killing so many with drones in Waziristan . Since Jan 1st 2011, 20 villagers and farmers have been incinerated with missiles.

If they want to execute that blasphemer Bibi what's her name, put her on a hill in Waziristan and she will be killed by the Americans.

Where is this so called American peacefulness and freedom?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I think the Pakistanis are a bit messed up with the Americans killing so many with drones in Waziristan . Since Jan 1st 2011, 20 villagers and farmers have been incinerated with missiles.

If they want to execute that blasphemer Bibi what's her name, put her on a hill in Waziristan and she will be killed by the Americans.

Where is this so called American peacefulness and freedom?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yes you are right. The leaders of Pakistan are nut jobs that like to kill people for "defaming the Prophet Muhammad".
And that means everyone of the citizens of Pakistan are the same....no all Muslims are.

Just like here in the USA our leaders like to invade many lands and kill "the bad guys/Muslims" as well as citizens. For......um......hell i don't know why they do it anymore but it does not matter we all love to kill "the bad guys/Muslims" as well as citizens and you know what as a Christian i must be a trader because my "evil Muslim" wife has not died by my hand.

Lol yes all Muslims are part of a "death cult" hey lets get rid of Islam and (being that most of the world is Christian) Start another Christian rule and kill all the other..er.......i mean all the "death cults"

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Yes you are right. The leaders of Pakistan are nut jobs that like to kill people for "defaming the Prophet Muhammad". And that means everyone of the citizens of Pakistan are the same....no all Muslims are.

Most of pakistani muslims are crazy nut jobs, thats a fact. You are right, there are exceptions, but those are a small minority.

About eight-in-ten Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan (82% each) endorse the stoning of people who commit adultery

When asked about the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Jordan (86%), Egypt (84%) and Pakistan (76%) say they would favor making it the law

pewglobal.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Actually there are more Muslims than Christians and I would suggest that in fact Christianity is a death cult.

Ask the native Americans (north and south), the descendants of the TransAtlantic Slave trade, Nazi Germany, Stalin's mass killings...etc. All by Christians and Christian cultures.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Muslims have a lot of catching up to do with you murderous Slavs. With you Slavs it is always kill, kill, kill. You do remember the 20 million slaughtered by the Russian Slavs. What the hell is that about?

Then more recently we have had the blood mad Ustachi in Croatia and the dismemberment obsessed Serbian Chetniks. What he heck is wrong with you Slavs?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Indeed the biggest murderers and killers are Christians as I have documented.
Just ask yourself who the NWO biggest killers are, but christians.
Even those Islamic killers we know are but puppets of "Christians"

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Islam does not concentrate on the torture of Jesus on a cross. It advocates peace and unity behind the philosophy of submission to God’s universal laws.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
reply to post by Maslo

Muslims have a lot of catching up to do with you murderous Slavs. With you Slavs it is always kill, kill, kill. You do remember the 20 million slaughtered by the Russian Slavs. What the hell is that about?

Then more recently we have had the blood mad Ustachi in Croatia and the dismemberment obsessed Serbian Chetniks. What he heck is wrong with you Slavs?

You know, it is called war, innocent people tend to die there, even more so when fighters are brainwashed by religion or nationalism.

Whether general public agrees with killing innocent people or not is another matter entirely.

That is what I am pointing out, that most of muslims in middle east are crazy in the head, and religion of peace is a myth. They are mostly violent extremists, just like Christian death cultists were in the past, and still are.

edit on 2/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Attempting to defend your own barbaric customs (such as stoning someone for a "crime" like blasphemy) by claiming Christians are more barbaric?

I'm sorry you can continue ranting and raving saying The Crusades this, or The Spanish Inquisition that, but those were hundreds of years ago, whereas people are still being stoned and killed for some of the most pitiful excuses in existence in Islam TODAY.

You can't apply the actions of the past in order to justify actions today, it's extremely bias and down right ignorant.

The fact remains the Christan church TODAY does not condone those acts of violence, whereas those Islamic nations openly support these actions taken, as well as the vast majority who practice that religion in those countries.

Now by all means, call me a racist (which isn't even the correct term to use) and claim I'm just bigoted and a self serving Christan (which I'm not) it'll show your true colors.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
edit on 2/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join