It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistanis rally over blasphemy law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Pakistanis rally over blasphemy law

english.aljazeera.net

Strikes and rallies have been staged across Pakistan against proposed changes to the country's blasphemy laws.

Protests were staged in Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta and Karachi against a move to amend a law which permits death sentences for those found to have committed blasphemy.

The law received attention in November when Asia Bibi, a Pakistani Christian woman, was sentenced to death after being found guilty of defaming the Prophet Muhammad.

Pope Benedict XVI has called for the release of Bibi, a mother-of-five, who is now in jail pending an appeal.

Human rights campaigner
(visit the link for the full news article)

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So I ask our Muslim friends yet again. Where is this peaceful majority we keep hearing rumors of? Once again, all I see are hordes of muslims calling for violence, inciting violence, and committing acts of violence. Activists(non-muslims) are asking for a change to the blasphemy law, removing execution as a possible punishment. You can see the results for yourself. I say again. Islam is a death cult until you can prove BY ACTIONS, not verses, that it is anything else.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Interesting notion. I too would like to see a compilation of such actions.

The death penalty certainly doesn't help.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Islam is a death cult until you can prove BY ACTIONS, not verses, that it is anything else.

The Crusades. The Spanish Inquisition. Witch trials and burnings.

Yeah...Islam is much more violent than other religions

edit on 1-1-2011 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That sounds about right.

The single most brutal, barbaric, cruel, unforgiving, and destructive religion in existence.

Miserable people wanting others to be miserable.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm not going to speak out against Islam, but I will speak out against the so-called "crime"of blasphemy.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Eliminate the major three religions.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Islam is a death cult until you can prove BY ACTIONS, not verses, that it is anything else.

You're 100% correct. We're just focusing on Islam right now though, because thats where the troops are and we need the sheep to get behind them.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Eliminate the major three religions.

Sounds like the best and ONLY effective solution to the cancer of the planet called religion. Your post deserves a million stars.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Do you have any other examples that are not centuries old?

Something more recent perhaps?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

Do you have any other examples that are not centuries old?

Something more recent perhaps?

Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Now I really see change: the Pakistanis are learning about forgiveness when people with potty mouths die. Call it whatever you want: Tourettes disease, demon possessed or insanity. No one should have to die for speaking out against the God, Allah. Not unless blasphemy law is yet another outdated method of "population control" by controlling people's free will to free speech and such. Ooo!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Who really cares what goes on in pakistan? I mean really.

Most people can't find it on a map.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
These people are so barbaric that it is comical sometimes.

But seriously how brainwashed and sadistic do you have to be in order to rally behind killing those who commit "blasphemy".

The sad thing about this crime is that you only need a witness in order to charge and execute the “blasphemer”.

I find it Ironic that most of us on ATS are against our freedoms being taken away yet these idiots want the opposite.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Steam, it really is almost comical.

If they aren't busy killing each other, they're looking around for Christians. Fortunately, between the honor killings, retribution killings, Shia killing Sunni and Sunni killing Shia, and then Persians killing Arabs and Arabs killing Persians, their hatred of each other comingled with their backwardassed archaic religion restrictions and requirements keep any of them developing much of a country.

The best part is when they aren't actually engaged in killing each other, they are PLANNING on killing each other.

Like I said, miserable people wanting to spread that misery.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Now I really see change: the Pakistanis are learning about forgiveness when people with potty mouths die.

Hmmm I thought here crime was giving water to someone?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine.

Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with religion.

Palestine, which part? The part where they train little children to be terrorists, and have jew hating children programs? That part? The part where the muslims blow up buses and cafes full of innocent people, that part?

The part where they constantly poke the big dog on the block by sending rockets flying towards civilian areas, do you mean that part?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Okay since nobody can deny logic then we shall use that....

The Muslim population is approximately 1.5 billion people.

According to our "friends" at thereligionofpeace.com... 16,686 terrorist attacks have occurred since 9/11.

Ok we shall round that to about 17,000.

Now lets say these are all suicide bombings.

We will also assume that each one takes the lives of 20 people.

So far that means 340,000 people are victims of this is 9 years.(Notice that we aren't counting 2011.)

Now lets say it took 20 people to perpetrate each terrorist attack. Due to this then the overall involved in a terrorist attack is the same as our last quantity. 340,000

Now we will also state that we can get 200 people to agree with each attack. So that is 3,400,000 people who just agree with all the attacks put together.

I would say that this is reasonable....

So what percent of Muslims are terrorists?
00.0226666667%

But still we are not done yet.

We have failed to consider the amount of Muslims agreeing with these attacks.We dictated this as 3,400,000.

So we shall add that with the number of actual terrorists. This is simply 3,740,000.

So what do we get now?

00.249333333%

Okay what does this tell us?

It tells us that there has been some really big media hype if people start thinking that all Muslims are terrorists.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Now no one's going to stone anyone till I blow this whistle. Not even; and let me make this absolutely clear, not even when they say Jehova!

--Monty Python: The Life of Brian

I just wanted to say that. That is what I think of every time I see the word Blasphemy.

The fact that people want to kill others for a audio vibration, well that is something I have trouble comprehending. (Not saying it is wrong, just saying I don't really understand the reasoning.)

All well, how could it get any worse?

Jehova Jehova Jehova!
edit on 1/2/2011 by adigregorio because: quote BB to ex-BB (I had a divorce, go easy on me)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So I ask our Muslim friends yet again. Where is this peaceful majority we keep hearing rumors of?

There is no peaceful majority, thats just wishful thinking. Look at actual statistics. Most of muslims in middle east are crazy in the head like this.

pewglobal.org...-jump
edit on 2/1/11 by Maslo because: added link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join