It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Kids (Part 2)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly

WHAT?!?! what kinda guy would have grumpy carebear as his avvie?!?!?! PSH....yeesh. Im cute and petite. AND a girl. my feelings are so so crushed right now. haha jk.

i would. i like MuMu, not that i am gay or anything...

wow you work 11 hours a day!? and you're only 15!?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
lol some how that sounds illegal.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
since its for a family member, i dont think it like has anything to do with the government and laws and stuff. its under the table i guess. but the law is only 54 hours a week for kids under 16 i think. any more is illegal.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
lol some how that sounds illegal.

lol...i just knotice it myself. OMG!! i swear she said she was 18!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I use to consider myself fat, I was 5'9 185-190 and 16, but then I just took up that Special K challenge and working out on a semi regular basis.

Im now 16 and 150 Lbs.

The improvement is huge, and other than not overeating I have actually gotten lazy in my eating habits ( eating once a day a large meal etc) but I think some kids just need to jump start there metabolism and they will start losing weight.

I work under the table too, but only about 25 hours a week.

Making pizzas at nearly 10 bucks an hour. What a life.

Yeah well now I got people telling me Im too skinny.

But Im never going back to what I was.

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Oh and in reference to KJ.

I have to agree. Tolerance leads to condoning this reckless and ugly behavior.

I think the little rats should be thrown in prison and starved to a regular size.

I was no where near obese when I was fat so dont call me a hypocrite.

I went from fat to this

images6.fotki.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This rant made me think about something...

What if... it's true that mental health is closely tied to physical health (like I, amongst others, firmly believed) ? What if bad physical health really leads to bad mental health. After all, they say execise is the best natural anti-depressant.

Another what if... What if the government (or forces that be) are willingly making the population fatter and fatter (because admit it, this problem is not only limited to the US of A, there's fast-food worldwide now) ?

What if they try to make people fat on purpose, so their minds slowly become easier to manipulate? (over years and generations)

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't think it's a plot so much. But I certainly think it's true.

With the inexaustable information out there, it makes thinking and sorting go out the window. Add in the detachment we are formulating with the Reality TV and the like.

Oddly, I was unable to get to the library yesterday to get the next book in the series I am reading, so I picked up my old copy of the Running Man.

It's kind of scary when you read that book and look at the game shows they have. Add together a Reality TV show with all it's "twists" and "Viewer participation" with a Fear Factor show, and it's getting pretty close to the book.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just thanked my mom today for educating me on what good nutrition is.

She is a nurse and told me millions of times about fruits and veggies and what they do. I told her i'm glad she didn't pack my lunch with fatty desserts and meals.

My doctor said yesterday that i'm on of the healthiest people he's seen in there, I have no medical problems no allergies my heart is perfect blodd pressure blahblah blah and I told him what I just told you and he said thats awesome she engrained that in your head not too many parents to that these days.

So thanks mom!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Agent- does the Special K challenge truly work??? I want to try it.

I have to defend dear Ashly here abit though....being 5'2 and 100 lbs is in no way anorexic. But her story does seem a bit shaky...15 and working 11 hours a day? This must be merely a summer job or she's homeschooled. But walking really doesn't help lose weight. PLus...remember Ashly- fat turns into muscle, and with alot of excercise it builds mass. You wont lose weight, but you will lose fat. I always think its better to think of sizes in inches instead of pounds. But pounds are relative.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
Agent- does the Special K challenge truly work??? I want to try it.

Yeah and tastes great too.
Id seriously recommend it.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
SWEET!!!!!!!!!

I just might have to start that in a week or two, after I finish my experimental water diet. Thanks for the tip. If you dont mind me getting personal, how much weight did you lose in, say, a 2 week period on the Special K diet?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
15 pounds?

Or 10.

It was accelerated.

It advertises 6 pounds but you can do better than that with exercise.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
shoot...in 2 weeks?

Did you eat three meals or just one bowl of cereal a day?

Ive got to get workin out....geez...that how much weight i need to lose! 15-20 pounds! if i can do that before the end of august, that would be awesome!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Two bowls a day and a regular meal for the third one.

30 pounds lost since feb or january.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
30?!?!?!?!?! Yowza! That's a little too much for me, I want to see rib, but I dont want to be able to hold quarters in between my ribs!

But 20.....hmmm......15- 20 sounds excellent to me. Thanks for the tip Agent, Ill get started in about.....a week and a half! ha!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You have voted KrazyJethro for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Way back when I was younger I was underweight for my height and bone structure, then I started gaining weight for no reason, I gained 35 lbs. in one year, while working 8 hr. days in a physically demanding job and then walking 3.5 miles home each day, I had no car. Then home to cook and clean and chase 3 kids, then work in tobacco until dark and then back at it the next day. I should have lost lots of weight though I did not need to at the time, turns out I have a disease of the thyroid gland called hypothyroidism. Then I hurt my back and could no longer work or exercise much some days I can hardly walk, I am now considered obese. I am discriminated against as an overweight person everytime I walk out the door. No one realizes that I am sick, no one cares I'm just a fat person who apparently has no feelings, its still appropriate for all the comedians to make fat jokes all the time. What a lot of you don't take into account is that hypothyroidism is not that uncommon and you don't have to be born with it, it can happen anytime. And I hope that each of you that make fun of and treat any overweight person unkindly gets bit in the butt by karma and you reap the seeds of your unkindness big time.

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by goose]

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by goose]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nobody actually cares about health, it's just taking a shot at people. Can't make fun of handicapped people because it's politically incorrect. Can't make fun of drunks because alcoholism is a disease. So let's bash the fatties. That's all this crap is. I see plenty of thin-average sized people eating all kinds of garbage non-stop. They are fortunate enough to have the kind of metabolism that deals with it fast so they don't gain weight. They are no better than the people who eat the same stuff and DO gain weight. This is nothing more than people who have no experience being in this cycle deciding to puke up their misdirected venom at a group of people who have nothing to do with them. Anyone who thinks overweight people are coddled and given a pass in society are badly mistaken or misinformed. Because we have to deal with people like you. Judgemental people who take one look at us and decide that we have nothing to offer the world. No good. Not worth anything to anyone. And don't call it tough love because it's not love at all, in any way. I guess all thin/fit people are angels. They're lovely to be around, make all the right decisions and never disgust anyone with their behavior. They're never out spreading HIV or robbing others or killing others. They never abuse their children or torture animals for sport. They're the only humans on earth worth loving and caring about. With overweight people being so prevalent in society, there will come a day when you will need help from one. I hope sincerely that you refuse the fat ambulance driver or push away the fat person who can give you CPR at the scene of an accident. I hope you respond with fierce hatred to the fat person who helps you find your lost child or change a tire. I wish you'd walk right up to the fat teacher who is helping kids learn to read and punch him or her right in their fat face because you don't approve of them. Why be shy about it? Why not just plow 'em down in the street with your car next time you catch one waddling across? No one should care, and I'm sure any jury would plainly see that you've provided a public service by getting rid of someone like that. Being overweight is worse than anything Saddam did... in fact, he's looking pretty good. So he should get a certain amount of approval points for that, right? I hear people constantly say "If you don't have a medical prolem, there's no excuse". You have no idea what you're talking about. There are all kinds of reasons and factors that go into it, and many are like the same reasons that people do drugs or drink. It's taking in something to relieve some kind of mental stress or unhappiness. Much of the unhappiness is caused by the stress of the world, sometimes by rejection and sometimes by having to deal with mouthy jagoffs who feel it's not just their right, but their DUTY to make people feel bad about themselves. So in keeping with your hatred of people like me, please for god's sake don't ever accept help, love, kindness or anything else positive that we offer you. Put your money where your mouth is. No dealings with any fat people anywhere at any time for anything. No fat cashiers, bank tellers, babysitters, medical personnel, plumbers, nothing. Maybe one day something will happen to kill all of us and you will only have thin people to deal with. Thin junkies, murderers, drunks, child beaters, arsonists, etc. Thank goodness the current political candidates are of a fairly acceptable weight. Just don't go vote at polling places where fat people are helping out!!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
frenchman "americans are fat and stupid"

american "so were fat, we can still take your country faster than iraq. hey look frenchie! some germans!"

Why don't you take your ignorant French bashing somewhere else?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join