It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Kids (Part 2)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Tell me about it. Everyone in my school is fat. I mean fat like taft. The away I keep in shape is make sure I can pass the army phisical fitness test. I can proudly say Im 170lbs of pure muscle.

And you heard him lose some weight fatty! Get of the keyboard and DROP AND GIVE ME 20 MAGGOT BEFORE I RIPP OFF YOUR HEAD SO YOU CANT EAT!just kidding

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Theres always gonna be fat people. You cant do anything about that. Why does it bother you so much? Maybe you should get some other things to fill your time.

Yes, I agree. I hate it when parents encourage or allow there children to get overwieght. My best friends little sister is about 3'4'' and 120 lbs. She breathes heavy all the time, and cant even ride her scooter for more than five minutes. She also snores SUPER loud, and my mom said that can happen when your really fat.

About 1 outta 7 people in my school is overwieght. I eat whatever I want, but I also walk about 5 to 7 miles a day. I wanna lose 15 lbs. Then Ill be down to 100 lbs, whoohoo.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It wouldn't bother me is it occured worldwide, or even if it was a reasonably steady percentage.

The problem here, is that 1) the situation is getting worse and becoming a part of our society (which I hate), and 2) the big picture gets a whole lot bigger when you get out of high school.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly

My best friends little sister is about 3'4'' and 120 lbs. She breathes heavy all the time, and cant even ride her scooter for more than five minutes. She also snores SUPER loud, and my mom said that can happen when your really fat.

:O :O

My daughter is about 44 inches or 3'8" and weighs about 45lbs. I really hope you're wrong about that weight, that's f*cking huge for a child of that height!
Does she even move? I mean, jesus. :O

I'm speechless....

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

About 1 outta 7 people in my school is overwieght. I eat whatever I want, but I also walk about 5 to 7 miles a day. I wanna lose 15 lbs. Then Ill be down to 100 lbs, whoohoo.

walking!? trying jogging. you want to loose to 100 pounds!! i am sorry but thats just anoraxic.

kj,
i feel ya, there are way too many fat people in the world. for people who got the bad genes, then i am sorry for them. but if you're fat simply cuz you chug soda and chocolate like water, then i must say FAT BASTARDS. is it so damn hard to get out the house for a walk? or even do some exercise like sit-ups and push-ups. stupid fat lazy people, we should pass a law that forbids snake get into the hands of the obise

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

walking!? trying jogging. you want to loose to 100 pounds!! i am sorry but thats just anoraxic.

kj,
i feel ya, there are way too many fat people in the world. for people who got the bad genes, then i am sorry for them. but if you're fat simply cuz you chug soda and chocolate like water, then i must say FAT BASTARDS. is it so damn hard to get out the house for a walk? or even do some exercise like sit-ups and push-ups. stupid fat lazy people, we should pass a law that forbids snake get into the hands of the obise

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, I agree with you about how parents shouldn't make their kids obese like that. I hate it when I see a mom with a 7 year old son or daughter that weighs more than her. I don't, however, hate the fat adults. I say, it's their choice to be fat if they want but don't pass it on to your kids. Ruin your health to be happy, but please don't ruin other people's lives. My mom has a friend, really nice lady. We were at a soccer game watching my little brother play (Probably shouldn't be telling this story). Anyway, the lady's daughter is overweight, and a bossy mean little girl. The daughter was playing on the junglejim with my little sister. The mom calls for her daughter, daughter doesn't answere. The mom then takes out a candy bar and wiggles it in the air. Well guess what!? The daughter comes running. Just completely drops what she's doing. It's sickening...animalistic behavior haha. Really nice lady though!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
KJ,

Yes, we have had our ups and downs but I generally like you and your posts so it espcially came as a shock to hear all that anger come from you.

But you are right, it IS the rant section. I oftentimes post to a topic that looks interesting just because it catches my eye without looking to see which category it's in and that happened in this case, I'm afraid. So I'm sorry about that.

But the problem remains that I still feel there is major generalization and stereotyping going on here. Accusing all overweight people of being lazy may be nice and convenient and fun for you thinnies out there but thinking it because you've been brainwashed by the media just doesn't make it so.

I've been a big girl most of my adult life and I can tell you that this is just the way nature intended me. Doesn't matter what I do, nor how much energy I expend. I can eat all low-fat and run around like a chicken with my head cut off all day. I pretty much do. It's go go go from the time I get up in the morning except for the small time of the day I get to portion out to be online chatting with you fine folks. And still, I remain a "voluptuous" girl. It doesn't bother me, why does it bother the rest of you so much ?

Most of the comments I've read here are stereotyping and spouting of all the brainwashing the media has done to you and nothing more. Think for yourselves and stop assuming and judging other people on the basis of looks only. Do yourselves a favour and think outside your boxes, for your own sake and also for the sake of the innocent people you look down on. This is a world of diversity and good, kindhearted people come in all shapes and sizes and colours.

What bothers me even more is that according to all the disdain and hatred I'm reading in this thread by most of you, is that by your guidelines neither me nor Pisky would be considered worthy of your friendship or even the time of day if we asked, simply because we are not stick thin creatures. We are hardly obese, but we are both not what you would call thin either. In other words, although it doesn't really matter because you are basically total strangers anyway. But it's disturbing to think that we would find ourselves placed outside of the "acceptable" or "In" group simply because we aren't tiny bags of bones. Our personalities, our humours, our basic love of this earth and all creatures in it would be completely discounted by most of you and you all would assume we were "lazy bastards".

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just as a reply to something posted a while ago... I think suing McDonalds or any other company because they "made you fat" is so friggin ridiculous it hurts my brain. Those companies did not force feed you their products, you (you as in a fat person) partook of their goods voluntarily. That makes me sick...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm

Most of the comments I've read here are stereotyping and spouting of all the brainwashing the media has done to you and nothing more. Think for yourselves and stop assuming and judging other people on the basis of looks only. Do yourselves a favour and think outside your boxes, for your own sake and also for the sake of the innocent people you look down on. This is a world of diversity and good, kindhearted people come in all shapes and sizes and colours.

My whole point was this, you are taking this too far (or reading too much into it). Perchance you have personal experience in this type of view (negatively I can assume) so it's understandable.

When speaking on the whole, broad strokes get the job done better. I do place most of the problem on parenting. It sets up a child physically their whole life (barring actual medical problems). I situation I am really speaking to is the abuse of children which is very much a real and current problem on a scale that I am angered that NO ONE is putting any real emphasis on it. It surprises me and makes me ill.

What bothers me even more is that according to all the disdain and hatred I'm reading in this thread by most of you, is that by your guidelines neither me nor Pisky would be considered worthy of your friendship or even the time of day if we asked, simply because we are not stick thin creatures. We are hardly obese, but we are both not what you would call thin either. In other words, although it doesn't really matter because you are basically total strangers anyway. But it's disturbing to think that we would find ourselves placed outside of the "acceptable" or "In" group simply because we aren't tiny bags of bones. Our personalities, our humours, our basic love of this earth and all creatures in it would be completely discounted by most of you and you all would assume we were "lazy bastards".

You are broadening the scope of my distain. I am talking about grossly obese people, not thick or even marginally fat people.

I'll give you an example of what I mean. I have a friend who I have known for a long time. He is quite simply a slob. Most of the time I feel like saying "CLEAN UP YOUR #, HOW CAN YOU LIVE IN THIS YOU CRAZY NUTJOB."

Practically, I judge on an individual basis, not on the whole.

I'd buy you guys a couple pints.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
KayEm I think you misunderstand the type of people KJ and some of the rest of us are talking about. We're talking about horribly overweight people. Toddlers year olds weighing in at over 100. People who are so big they have a hard time walking, or doing any kind of activity.

Personally I would have no problem being friends with you or Pisky, that would be my pleasure. I have a lot of "larger" friends, and I've had a lot of "large" girlfriends. I have nothing against any "big" people. I tend to favor "larger" (not extremely large, but plump) women over stick thin women when I look at them sexually.

I don't think anyone on here is trying to advocate that everyone in the world must me "stick thin" and anorexic, that's not it at all. We're just worried about children who are literally abused by parents who allow their three year old to get up to 130lbs.

You say that hating fat people is the last acceptable form of discrimination (with which I would add hating Christians is also one of the last forms, but thats neither here nor there). Well I'd say that having grossly overweight children is the last acceptable form of child abuse. That's what it is, ABUSE. Barring a medical condition, there is no reason in hell that a child under 10 should weigh over 100 lbs. I know that some times it can not be helped because it's a medical condition, but a lot of the time it's because parents are lazy and don't raise their children well.

Overweight children are being abused by their parents, but not many people seem to care. People would rather say "oh, you're beautiful on the inside" than actually help an abused child.

[Edited on 8-7-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There's a difference between healthy people and overweight people. People who do not fit into the category of "beautiful" according to magazines and movie stars are not overweight. They are normal. People who have a hard time walking or going up and down stairs or going to class are not normal, they are overweight. When people say "fat kids" or something of the like, people instantly assume those whoe wouldnt be pictured in a magazine or the sports illustrated swimsuit edition! THATS NOT WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. Fat is fat, not a little chubby.

And personally, I can't stand it either. But alot of it is the kids fault, you cant blame it al on the adult.

PB

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaiscaYou say that hating fat people is the last acceptable form of discrimination

When we talk about things that as a society, we dont want to discriminate against people about, we have essentially set the standard at what someone was born with. So if someone is born black, a woman, disabled, etc, we dont discriminate against them. Similarily, we dont discriminate against people who have been injured and lose use of their legs, etc, becuase they cant help what happened.

The fundamental issue, therefore, is whether one is born fat or chooses to be fat. If someone is born fat, then they cant help that. I have no problem treating them equally.

On the other hand, when you see some guy taking up 2 seats in McDonalds washing down 2 Big macs with a rootbeer and a supersized fries, its sickening. Where do they expect to store that burger? Are they gonna grow a third ass? Its disgusting and brought on by the individual.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
frenchman "americans are fat and stupid"

american "so were fat, we can still take your country faster than iraq. hey look frenchie! some germans!"

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Be nice all, or warnings will be issued.

[Edited on 8-7-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009

Its not anorexic for my height. Im 5'2''. And I dont really have time to jog when I work eleven hours a day. 6 days a week!!! in my free time, im way to tired to jog.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Damn Ashley. Are you a girl? I think I remember you saying you weren't.

If not, SHEESH. 5'2"? That is like, midget range there buddy. Do you work at the Slim and Short shop for Men?

Just goofin' around.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Damn Ashley. Are you a girl? I think I remember you saying you weren't.

If not, SHEESH. 5'2"? That is like, midget range there buddy. Do you work at the Slim and Short shop for Men?

Just goofin' around.

WHAT?!?! what kinda guy would have grumpy carebear as his avvie?!?!?! PSH....yeesh. Im cute and petite. AND a girl. my feelings are so so crushed right now. haha jk.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
lol how is ashly working 11 hours a day, 6 days a week, thats 66 hours a week and your all of what? 15?

where ist he BS flag? and you walk 5-7 miles... "rasies it up high and proud"

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
lol how is ashly working 11 hours a day, 6 days a week, thats 66 hours a week and your all of what? 15?

where ist he BS flag? and you walk 5-7 miles... "rasies it up high and proud"

no, im dead serious. i work topping and pollinating corn for my uncle. walking up and down rows of corn back and forth about 4 times a day to do different things (ear bagging, cutting back, taking down, setting up, etc.) Its a lot of walking. Ask anyone whose ever had a job in a field.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join