It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Kids (Part 2)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well my my my! These last three posts have just been filled to the brim with "people who hate fat people suck!" propaganda! Lovely! Oh well, that last one was more of a "people who hate french people suck" post, but you catch the drift.

It's not anyone's fault that American's make fun of fat people! They took everything from us! First the handicapped, then amputees, then old people. Whats left?!?!?! Im only kidding, don't worry.

No one here is attacking those with a disorder or a health problem, ok? We're talking about those who COULD be healthy, but they screwed it up. THey end up having a health problem because they make themselves so freggin huge! Don't deny it, you've met a few, haven't you? Now sure, by simply looking at someone you cant tell whether they just have horrible eating habits or have a health problem, so we tend to generalize and lump them all into one group. But you are doing the same! You're generalizing all of us into one big group of horrible, prejudiced, skinny people that make fun of fat people because it boosts our self esteem. Well pish posh, maybe some of us were actually discussing our own weight troubles, health issues, and making posts other than "haha, fat people suck! Haha! Let's laugh at them!"

So I guess we're all just big, prejudiced, losers who make fun of each other. Fat, skinny, unhealthy, mando healthy, it doesn't matter, we're all just evil cruel people. Even you. Wow, that's a thread killer!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"No one here is attacking those with a disorder or a health problem, ok? We're talking about those who COULD be healthy, but they screwed it up."

What's it to you? To any of you? Why is it your business to talk about anyone for any reason on this level? Why not trash smokers who have emphesema? Junkies who have brain damage? Because it's bull***t and you know it, that's why. This isn't "Gee, these people seem so unhappy, I wish they would lose weight so they'd feel better and be healthier". It's "I can't stand these fat pigs, shaved monkeys" and whatever other namecalling you juveniles want to indulge in. Not a single one can honestly say you are concerned. And if you did, I'd be inclined to think it was just to look good in print. The initial attack was on children, in fact, not even on adults who might be able to defend themselves. Why do any of you need to have a valid excuse from anyone for their condition? Who are you? What have you done that anyone should explain themselves to you? What position of consequence do you hold in society that entitles you to sit in judgement of anyone? How do these people affect you in your daily life besides being unpleasing to the eye? You can say "health care costs" and that would be a load because you can say the same to smokers, drunks and junkies too. Your goal is not to help people who are already having trouble. Your goal is to pound them down even further.

I don't even know why I'm bothering. I'm sure no argument will make it through your smug, self-righteous shell anyway. One day it'll come back on you and you'll feel the same frustration. Someone will feel obligated to point out the disgusting worthlessness of someone you value. I hope you'll take it as something you and they deserved.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
"No one here is attacking those with a disorder or a health problem, ok? We're talking about those who COULD be healthy, but they screwed it up."

Your right....

What's it to you? To any of you? Why is it your business to talk about anyone for any reason on this level? Why not trash smokers who have emphesema? Junkies who have brain damage?

Because it's a thread about fat kids... And it's in the rant section... He has kids and he sees fat kids out and about and isn't too pleased with how parents are raising their kids to die at the age of 30, it's a concern because it's child abuse, neglecting the child's health, and giving him/her a death sentence before the age of 40... It's a conern because children are products of their parents and the parents are responsible for their young's health, and they aren't being responsible, if anything they are over feeding their kids because a) they don't want them looking better them then 2) they are killing their children with kindess 3) they are uneducated and/or don't care about nutrition...

Because it's bull***t and you know it, that's why. This isn't "Gee, these people seem so unhappy, I wish they would lose weight so they'd feel better and be healthier". It's "I can't stand these fat pigs, shaved monkeys" and whatever other namecalling you juveniles want to indulge in. Not a single one can honestly say you are concerned.

It's not bull# , whats bull# about the whole situation is the fact that parents are so ignorant and self hating they don't give a # about the WELLBEING OF THEIR CHILD. That's what bull#...

And if you did, I'd be inclined to think it was just to look good in print. The initial attack was on children, in fact, not even on adults who might be able to defend themselves. Why do any of you need to have a valid excuse from anyone for their condition? Who are you? What have you done that anyone should explain themselves to you?

How about parents that actually care about their children's wellbeing?? That's doing something, they are parent's who see other parents #ing up and are sick of it hence why it's in the rant section, what are you a fat person defending your stance on feeding your child into obesity??

What position of consequence do you hold in society that entitles you to sit in judgement of anyone? How do these people affect you in your daily life besides being unpleasing to the eye?

People get involved in other people's lives to help them, educate them, love them, ect.. It's not a matter of judgement it's a matter based off facts and observations... They affect us because these children deserve every ounce of health and wellbeing as everyone else does, depriving them of that because your not happy is wrong, discusting, should be criminal, and speak volumes about the society we live in...

You can say "health care costs" and that would be a load because you can say the same to smokers, drunks and junkies too. Your goal is not to help people who are already having trouble. Your goal is to pound them down even further.

Wow, justifying your actions with someone else's actions.. .The classic "well he did it so it's ok for me to" excuse...
Yeah, pounding them down further into the ground eh...It's the people who are shoving 2 big macks a biggie coke down their throat that are pounding themselves ever further. But nice method, blaming your own depression and fatness on others because they bitch about you...
How about stop eating so much crap!! Give your body a break, feed your child veggies and fruits, proteins and carbs... pastas, meats, salads, ect...
Get em away from the boob tube and into a local sport, take em to the y for swimming lessons...

who are you to sit there defending your actions on overfeeding your kids when you giving them a disease, making it hard for their arteries to pass blood, clogging arties with colesteral, making their young heart work harder then it should, giving them cankles because you have them, making their tummies bigger because yours is, who are you to sit there and try and justify your criminal actions??

I don't even know why I'm bothering. I'm sure no argument will make it through your smug, self-righteous shell anyway. One day it'll come back on you and you'll feel the same frustration. Someone will feel obligated to point out the disgusting worthlessness of someone you value. I hope you'll take it as something you and they deserved.

Touche excuse maker...

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You blaming others for your own faults aren't going to solve obesity problems.

How about looking at your part of the problem and look for ways you can make you and your child's health and well being better....

Your thoughts really matter to your body, They can either help or hurt you...
And in this case it's also your child...

This is to any parent or adult who is obese/fat.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"People get involved in other people's lives to help them, educate them, love them, ect.. It's not a matter of judgement it's a matter based off facts and observations... They affect us because these children deserve every ounce of health and wellbeing as everyone else does, depriving them of that because your not happy is wrong, discusting, should be criminal, and speak volumes about the society we live in... "

I don't see any "involvement to help, educate or love them" here. I see cheap shots being taken at people. I don't have children, and if I did, I'd make sure they don't end up with the struggle I'm currently in. I'm not an excuse maker. I'm somebody who's tired of people acting so superior because they don't have this problem. Who are you to scold? If you're so worried about it, why not offer solutions that aren't laced with insult and hatred? Because offering solutions is not what this is about. This is about people attacking other people. It doesn't matter how much I work to resolve my problem, I'm still attacked because people take me at face value and know nothing about me personally. Someone like the judges on this thread would see me and instantly react with disgust and intolerance, never taking into consideration that I'm working on the problem. Never taking into consideration that the person you see, while still fat, is much smaller than previously. It's that kind of beating down that makes it even harder for those of us who really do try. So no, it's not just a case of the stereotypical insult of "shoving big macs down your throat". I'd get the same stupid, insensitive judgemental reaction from you if I'd just finished a small salad and bottle of water and was on my way to the gym (which I take from real life because I've had awful things yelled at me in just that very situation). That's why I ask who any of you are to judge.

And yes, this was about fat kids which I used to be. It's a hard cycle to break and not made any easier when people are constantly down on you. I'm not lazy or stupid or any of the other crap that people label overweight people with. It would be nice if all this heartfelt "concern" could be shown in a less acidic way. If you really thought it was child abuse, why not call social services? Abuse is abuse whether it's someone punching a kid or fattening them up, is that right? Do you think acting this way is going to accomplish anything for these kids? Yes, I know people who have fat kids and they themselves are overweight and I ask them "what the hell are you doing??" because I know how hard we had it and now their kids are going the same route. Beyond that, what can anyone do? I don't know, but I know that it would be nice if it were done in the spirit of actually giving a damn about the person and not with such smug nastiness. I see the word "hate" used so much and it tells me that this is not a humanitarian effort.

As far as pointing to other bad behavior to justify anyone else's, that wasn't the point at all and I'd suggest re-reading it to get it. Or don't. I don't think anyone wants to get it, really. Just keep taking cheap shots so you can feel good about yourself in your gleaming rightness.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by torque
I don't have children, and if I did, I'd make sure they don't end up with the struggle I'm currently in. I'm not an excuse maker.

Well good for you for saying that if you did have kids, not too many obese/fat people would say that... Your excuse making however was just that if you read your above post, bringing other exterior circumstances or other people's issues into this argument does not justify anything, just shifts the blame on over to someone so you don't have to take responsibility.

Are you fat/obese ( I don't know which I should call you, obese if you want me to be pc, of fat if I can just say it like it is) because your parents were?
How come you've gone all these years without losing weight? Have you seen a doc? Meds? Healthy diet/exercise?
Just curious...

Who are you to scold? If you're so worried about it, why not offer solutions that aren't laced with insult and hatred?

Well if you read my above post you would see I offer solutions without being insulting... You seem to be very negativistic, hostile, defiant, argumentative, easily annoyed, and lose your temper easily, especially if one doesn't see your point the way you want them too.... There's no need to carry this attitude. I'd suggest some behavioural therapay... If you react this way on the outside I can just imagine how you are on the inside, and that plays a very big part in your health... Not to mention i'd say your holding on to hurt in your past...
Who am I to scold? I'm a regular person with regular basic beliefs. I believe that people should be more responsible for themselves rather then falling victim and blaming their condition on other people... If you grew up big, I can only guess your parents did't teach proper nutrition and as a result, look what happens. I was fat for awhile there after I stopped working out and eating healthy, i got down on myself, but I never placed blame, it was my own damn fault so i pulled up my pants and worked it off...
Some people just aren't blessed with that though, I understand there are people out there who have an actual obesity disesase , although i'm not so sure about you...
Although what I would do with you is take you to see a doc who can tell you you have a problem with your cingulate system, which you obviously have, write you up a script and see how you are in a month... I bet you'd change your attitude real fast..

Because offering solutions is not what this is about. This is about people attacking other people. It doesn't matter how much I work to resolve my problem, I'm still attacked because people take me at face value and know nothing about me personally.

Half true... SOME people think 'gosh, why don't wolf down another big mac'
while some will say 'that person is obviously not happy on the inside'
ect...
Just how hard are you working to resolve your problem anyway? And what problem do you think you have?

So no, it's not just a case of the stereotypical insult of "shoving big macs down your throat". I'd get the same stupid, insensitive judgemental reaction from you if I'd just finished a small salad and bottle of water and was on my way to the gym

There you go playing the fortune teller again... Stop it... ok, stop thinking you have psychic abilities, you don't know... i wouldn't shout an insult at you if I saw you eating a small salad and a bottle water, i wouldn't, i would think that you were on the right track, give you a smile and think to myself, thats a girl who's doing the right thing... Not just for your self esteem but for your body's well being and your spirit.. So you don't know...
Your thinking from a negative emotional state of mind, when you are sad (over active limbic system) you are likely to interpret neuutral events through a negative filter like you just did. The deep limbic system and deep temporal lobes stores highly charged emotional memories, really, go see a therapist who understands this... Your on the war path my friend and you don't need to be anymore, your doing a great job "working" to defeat a problem thats been with you for years... It's time to stop being so angry...
heal those emotional memories, you aren't one of those people who abuse your children with food and yourself, your past that, stop thinking your part of that group because you are still big. Those people that we're talking about obviously don't know, they aren't educated, and they aren't doing anything about it like you are...

Yes, I know people who have fat kids and they themselves are overweight and I ask them "what the hell are you doing??"

See your beyond them, your smarter then they are, why are you sticking up for them? They don't know what they are doing, thats why people get pissed off, it's a natural response, you just basically did what I and some other people on here do... We're not talking about you.. We're talking about those people that you just mentioned above...

As far as pointing to other bad behavior to justify anyone else's, that wasn't the point at all and I'd suggest re-reading it to get it. Or don't. I don't think anyone wants to get it, really. Just keep taking cheap shots so you can feel good about yourself in your gleaming rightness.

Ok for the last time, quit playing mind reader... Again, you don't know what other people are thinking.You can't read other people's minds, you never know what others are really thinking unless they tell you.. And i'll tell you, I get no satisfaction out of taking cheap shots... Your thinking with your feelings, which is never a good thing to do... Why?
Because many people believe their negative feelings without questioning them like what you just did. Feelings are very complex and often based on powerful memories from the past.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't blame anything on anyone. I am what and who I am because it's the way it is and only I can change it. Not once in this thread have I blamed anyone else for how I am. I blame them for trying to disguise insulting attacks as concern when it's clearly not.

It's not if you saw me eating a salad... it's if you saw me on the street, not knowing who I am or where I've been or what I've been doing. That's my point. I see this thread and I see hate, hate, hate.... not tolerance.

And as far as getting therapy, I hardly think you are qualified to recommend such action. I also don't think you're qualified to recommend any kind of medical screenings. And angry? You're damned right I am when I see nothing but hate and bile. I don't care what you call me... obese... fat... doesn't matter. Just call me whatever you normally call overweight people. What do I care? I might not be so hostile and negative if this thread hadn't shown the real face of people YET AGAIN. When I asked my friend "What the hell are you doing??" it wasn't the same as what's being done here. I didn't say "Hey, you disgusting fat slob, stop eating big macs and trying to kill your fat shaved monkey kids!". There's a difference. The difference is to put out a hand to help, not to punch. Open an ear to understand, but that's not going to happen here. I didn't blame anyone for my own depression or my own physical status. But to constantly be under fire from mouthy asses all the time doesn't help. It's hard to build a structure when there are people doing their damndest to chip away at it. No, nobody is to blame for me, but their antisocial and downright mean behavior certainly contributes.

I'm not going to continue because you're playing mindreader too. You assume you know anything about me at all and you do not. You can take all the time you want dissecting my post and deciding what mental problems I must have, etc, etc, blah, blah. I'm done. Go forth and preach to fat parents everywhere the doctrine of what they're doing wrong. Put your money where your mouths are. Next time you see some fat shaved monkeys out buying donuts, go up to them and start preaching. To help save the children. From the goodness of your hearts. Because that's where all this is from, isn't it? Everyone's deep seated need to reach out to their fellow man and HELP them, right? What a bunch of crap.

I'm done.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I feel so bad now, everybodys so angry! rawr! Ill get angry too!
RAWR!!!!!!!!

torque, i honestly did not mean to offend you, just having fun, this is a rant thread. and plus, i didnt justify my means either. i said we're all just mean people making fun of each other. no matter how i try to defend anything i said, im still just being an as*hole thats making fun of people.

my bad!

We might as well make a "Skinny People" rant thread and a "Blonde people" rant thread and a "Jewish People" rant thread and a "Overly Happy People" rant thread too, that way everyone can blow off their steam with commonly attacked groups. THat would be good.

I'd be the first to start the "Overly Happy People" rant thread, and ill attack mself becaise i sure do piss off myself when Im so freggin happy all the time RAWR! im not kidding haha. See? I just laughed when i said im not kidding. DAG!

[Edited on 7-13-04 by Scat]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
wow, i'm far from being perfect or being a therapist, i'm just sharing my knowledge of psychology thats all... You should really tame your attitude quit being on the defense all the time....
You should really re read your posts as you said if you were sitting there eating a salad so I said I would applaud your effort..

Your right about being on the street though... half right, your painting all people with the same negative brush.. some are, yeah, not all ... so yeah your playing mind reader...

And you never answered any of my questions... Isn't it amazing, people reach out to you and try and share their knowledge and what they know and you smack em back down??? If you wanna sit in your own piss and vinegar fine, just remember I tried to talking with you...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Fat peole are also cheap, annoying, and just fat!!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Edited: By TrueLies ---Mmmm coffee time...

[Edited on 14-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Mmmkay... it's gone beyond grousing, folks, and has devolved into name-calling. Time to say goodnight to the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join